Cawfee,Tea,(SweeTea) and summertime grub fer JULY

Started by Major E A Sterner, June 30, 2014, 09:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Kettle

. . . & out of the cylinders during he compression stroke.

mestiza letty

Howdy y'all,

Good grief been a wicked week... had a yard sale on Sat. & had plies of stuff to haul out of storage the day before.

Sunday was haulin' that junk BACK again. Made a whoppin' $60. Might feel ambitious & do another one to rid ourselves of more useless stuff..... Oh well some gas money for my mom & sister to travel on to CA.

Heat here a broke records triple digits for the last 4 days or more. Had a t-storm over head of us on Monday & I thought it cooked my computer but I got 'er runnin' again.

I went for a job interview this mornin' & got hired for a on-line out fit called Zulily. Same thing as Amazon, clothing, housewares, dry food stuffs, etc. Prolly not quite as big on inventory or demanding performance. I sure as heck ain't lazy, us older seasoned folk have a work ethic that's becoming rare these days. Gotta wait for the BG test & drug screenin' which I know's not a problem...

I just scanned thru a few messages & saw Arcey's pics of the eagle...Dang who wants to leave the A/C nowadays ??
I'll pop in again soon, hopin' y'all on the "right coast" & mid west get some sunshine again

Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

litl rooster

Glad to hear Zulilly seen the opp to hire a good employee- good luck

Got Minor league baseball on radio. B'ham Barons (sox's) Jacksonville Braves (braves) 
Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Good news, Miz Letty!

Heh, heh, heh......................... S'about it, SB.

I use it ta tell folks comin' from Tidewater Hampton Roads Coastal Virginia down here if they get ta the place they've missed the range. Turn around.

Hear tell when the folks there managed ta get a post office authorized, they couldn't agree onna name for the place. Postal inspector got tired of the on going debate 'n named it hisownself – Disputanta.

Used some the boxed air in the barn. Loaded some 9mms with the AutoComp I picked up last week. See what they'll do.

Been thinkin'. Mebbe the CATalytic converter had sumthin' ta do with it. 
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

mestiza letty

Thanks for the congrats Arcey & 'Roo.

Gettin' mom packed off 'ta CA they leave tamarraw afternoon. Miss some folks down there but not the hassles & 'tudes...never mind God awful traffic.
Heard 'bout them wantin' to carve up the state like an avocado... Not sure that's gunna werk or not mabbe a 1/2 would do ::)
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

Major E A Sterner

Miz Letty, they will never carve california up into 6 states, it would add too many republican senators to the mix and the dems will never agree to that.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

mestiza letty

You are prolly right about that Major...

If they 1/2 the state "lengthwise" both parties would have a chance...right now the Dems govern everything by the coastal fog...then there's the water issue  :P
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

Major 2

WELL... I'm up,  >:(   shoulder woke me hurting , no fun this torn rotator cuff  :(
sitting up sorta warms it up and makes it tolerable. I'm told it's a long slow heal  ::)

I'll hobble out and put the coffee on for the early birds...
when planets align...do the deal !

Arcey

Quote from: Major 2 on July 17, 2014, 12:24:52 AM
I'm told it's a long slow heal 

But it feels so good when it quits hurtin'.

Mornin', y'all.

Mid eighties 'n clear. Just put the trash ta the curb. Real nice out now but it's still July.

Check out them 9s a l'il later. Gonna hope ta find some .22s. Took the scope off the 10/22 yestitty. Like ta know where it's shootin'. Had the thing since Ali was little. Don't think it's ever been shot with open sights. If we do sumthin' similar ta the Ruger Challenge thing I'm prolly gonna need ta hit sumthin'. Ain't been in many matches but that seems ta be a common thread...............

Try'n figger out what ta eat this evenin'. Like ta have the l'il red one fulla Beef Vegetable soup. Mebbe the remains of a dead bird inna heavy broth o'er rice. Wrong time of year.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Four-Eyed Buck

Thanks for the coffee,M2 ;)

57 and sun here.Long day on the mowers on tap.  Me and the trimmers didn't get along too well yesterday, more'n likely it was me that was the problem. Tuesday evening I saw three deer on my last round,one of the them had antlers. Don't usually see the bucks, just the does and young'ens ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Texas Lawdog

Thanks for the Cawffee, Roger. I have another pot ready to go, when your pot is empty. The rain did not show up yesterday, maybe it will get here today.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

litl rooster

Thanks for the coffee

Record low temps here this morning. I could handle this year round.
Mathew 5.9

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Quote from: litl rooster on July 17, 2014, 07:02:29 AM
Record low temps here this morning. I could handle this year round.
Did ya get frost?  :D

'Tis 55 and sunny. High of 77.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

litl rooster

Not that cold :D 60 here heard it was 51 or 52 in Ft Payne, about 11/2 hours north of here
Mathew 5.9

Texas Lawdog

The rain started about 10 minutes ago. It is much appreciated this morning. The temps are cooler right now, but the humidity will come later.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Arcey

Glad ya got it. Had our allotment Tuesday.

The jacketed stuff shoots better'n I do. First loadin' gimme a ragged hole at half range onna B-34R. A little high but I can handle that. The pistol ate 'em like candy.

Plated stuff's gonna need sumore powder in 'em. This load was too light ta reliably cycle the pistol. They did show some promise tho..

Delmonico

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Texas Lawdog

The rain has been wonderful today. It has been much needed for our yards. My grass that I planted in the shade spot is really growing. It has been bare for so long, it is nice to see grass going in the bare spot.

Lucky Irish Tom

Quote from: Delmonico on July 17, 2014, 12:14:58 PM
When did stupidity become a virtue? ::)

About the same time ignorance became a political requirement Del.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Texas Lawdog

The Cawffee and Hot water are ready for drinking this morning. Enjoy! I am still sleepy, so no Breakfast yet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com