Cawfee,Tea,(SweeTea) and summertime grub fer JULY

Started by Major E A Sterner, June 30, 2014, 09:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delmonico

We missed the record low of 51 by one lousy point.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Arcey

Missed my guess by twenty minutes er so. Fat lady's TV weather dude said 1700. He missed werser. Thunder 'n a l'il rain. Bit of a breeze. Temp's dropped ten.

Like ta import some that sixty sumthin'. Nice.

Salad's ready for assembly. Bread thirty minutes away.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Delmonico

Sorry pard, giving you some would most likely raise or temps.    ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Texas Lawdog

We are enjoying cooler temps after the rain yesterday. We have a 70 percent chance of getting more rain tomorrow. It will be welcome and much needed and appreciated.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

litl rooster

Someone opened a valve bout an hour ago... You would know it looking at the road now.
Mathew 5.9

Silver Creek Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

The Trinity Kid

Wow...

109 here, with enough smoke to choke a chimney.  Large fire to the south is blowing smoke into our little valley.  Annoying.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Texas Lawdog

Good morning Folks! I have Cawffee brewing and Hot water on the fire. Enjoy!  I am hoping that we get some more rain today. The weather folks are predicting a 70 percent chance today.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Major 2

Morn'n Jim.... thanks

True the form we got pounded again yesterday...settles in about 3ish drove home in some of it , out ran it, then it caught up once I got in the door.
Quit about 6PM, expect the same today...guessers says 40%.... it'll 100% somewhere about's

when planets align...do the deal !

Four-Eyed Buck

Thanks for the coffee,TLD ;)

55 and sun here. Guessers are saying about 70 today. Keys to the kingdom day, bunch of stuff on the to-do list. ::) :P

Deck is done,finally. Thing was so dry it took three gallons to get it covered, and that's spraying it. Have to get another gallon to paint the car port yet. That'll be brushed on, then, hopefully, I'll get the trim pieces replaced on the shed and those painted as well. Thinking on using Yella Wood for the replacement pieces,if I can get it in the right thickness. ::) :o
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Arcey

Quote from: Delmonico on July 15, 2014, 03:19:32 PM
Sorry pard, giving you some would most likely raise or temps.    ;)

Ahhhh. My pard, Del. A man who's generosity knows no bounds......................

Mornin'.

NWS guessers sayin' low eighties 'n clearin' up. Not bad for July what with global warmin' climate disruption climate change 'n all here in Tidewater  Hampton Roads Coastal Virginia.

Wanna do some gun stuff taday. Been too long since I shot sumthin'. O'er two weeks now. Need ta fix that.

Can't blame a pilot (lower case intended) reporter for writtin' it. Can blame 'em for the copy 'n paste job to their site. Prolly a Nor-folk State College University journalism intern..........................

Kitten found in car engine in Virginia

The Associated Press
© July 16, 2014
DISPUTANTA

A 5-week-old kitten that curled up inside the car engine of a family on vacation in North Carolina and traveled more than 200 miles will be put up for adoption in Virginia.

The Prince George County animal shelter says in a release that a couple from Walton, New York, heard a noise coming from their engine when they stopped for gas earlier this month along Interstate 95.

The kitten, nicknamed Carolina, was unharmed and taken to the animal shelter, where she will be put up for adoption on July 22.

Reader Comment:  Lucky it didn't get sucked into the oil pump. Kinda shows why all pistols are Glocks and all long guns are AK47s. Both with big clips that hold a lot of bullets.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

litl rooster

And becausw of comments like that Unicorn hunting has been outlawed in the lower 48. God bless the children.
Who write auch stuff.

Thanks for the coffee- enjoying the cooler temps here also- predicted highs in the 80's
Mathew 5.9

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Tex.

The sawyer finished making lumber last night.

'Tis 55 and sunny. High of 74.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Arcey

I'm tellin' ya.

Them scribes need ta check that sorta stuff. E'erbody knows Dis'tana is twenty ta thirty miles from 95.......

Delmonico

58 here, got a little extra cool so I put it in a box and sent it to Arcey.

Dang fools, car might have been a 2 cycle like my lawnmower or out Polaris 4 wheeler and wouldn't have an oil pump.    ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Stu Kettle

Not sure how the poor kitty got in there - through the air cleaner or he exhaust pipe?  I'll be sure to check the dipstick fer fur from now on ::)

Got rain this morning. 'Spectin' a high temp of 70 & rain all day.  Barely made 70 yesterday but didn't rain. 

The camper repair guy was here & fixed the awning on the motorhouse already this morning.  He's afraid the fix may be temporary & promised to keep an eye out for the part I need.  They don't make that model or parts for it anymore, but be says be replaces a lot of them with newer models, & most of 'em break on the other end.

The Trinity Kid

Mornin' y'all.

Hmm, that kitten story reminds me of one of ours - he decided to sleep between the radiator and the fan.  He wasn't so lucky as lil' Carolina o'er there.   I have to say, hosing off the engine compartment that day would have made a mortician gag.  :-X

I've been tryin' to get some work done on my old Studebaker... but then I remembered.   I have no idea what I'm doing.  :-\  I know, basically, what is going on with all the systems, but the specifics are killing me.  I'll get it eventually.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Sod Buster

Quote from: Arcey on July 16, 2014, 07:54:39 AM
Them scribes need ta check that sorta stuff. E'erbody knows Dis'tana is twenty ta thirty miles from 95.......

Yup.  There ain't much going on there either that I ever saw.  It is just a spot on a map that I have to drive thru to get to Waverly for shootin' at the Sussex range.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

litl rooster

Quote from: Sod Buster on July 16, 2014, 02:54:11 PM
Yup.  There ain't much going on there either that I ever saw.  It is just a spot on a map that I have to drive thru to get to Waverly for shootin' at the Sussex range.

Yep
Mathew 5.9

pony express

Quote from: The Trinity Kid on July 16, 2014, 12:23:30 PM
Mornin' y'all.

Hmm, that kitten story reminds me of one of ours - he decided to sleep between the radiator and the fan.  He wasn't so lucky as lil' Carolina o'er there.   I have to say, hosing off the engine compartment that day would have made a mortician gag.  :-X

--TK
See, TK, your cat would have been much safer if he could have gotten inside the engine, like that other one did. Much safer in there, apparently, no way the fan can get  him INSIDE the motor. But he best stay clear of the crankshaft when it's turning....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com