Cawfee,Tea,(SweeTea) and summertime grub fer JULY

Started by Major E A Sterner, June 30, 2014, 09:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 53 and sunny. "Cooler. Partly sunny. A chance of showers in the morning...then showers likely and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 60s. West wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Delmonico

Had a friend worked 2nd shift as a cinder dick used to make the effort of putting on his gun in the living room when daughter was there with boy friend after work, she did end up marrying the guy after a while. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Texas Lawdog

Thanks for the Cawffee, EP. I made a pot for for the late risers, like me. It is probably good that Moose and I never had kids. We would prolly have had daughters. I would have intimidated the suitors by the fact of how big I am and being a Cop would not have helped.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Arcey

Bein' a cop weren't much help. They know ya won't shoot 'em.

Took the then boy friend, now son-in-law to the range. Coached 'im. Got 'im shootin' where he thought 'e was right good 'n he weren't half bad. After he finished a target 'e was right happy with one afternoon, I took the pistol 'n tossed a magazine full down range. He went back ta practicin'.

Don't know if I can out shoot 'im now or not. But with my grand daughter growin' up like she is I kinda hope he's better'n me so he can 'coach' her suitors.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

The Trinity Kid

Mornin' y'all.

t'ain't much going on, today, here in the gold fields.  Tried to convince my amigo to start a piggy bank fund for a trip next summer.  I'm workin' on him though. ;)   
My plan is to take the Highway from our house, to Redding, then take Hwy 44 east, through Reno, then 50 to Delta, Ut, where we will get on hwy 6, and follow that to 36, and that to 80.   Follow 80 to SLC, Ut.  From Salt Lake City, We'll take 89 North up to 15, and into Idaho.  From Blackfoot, we'll go  west on 26,to Arco, then south-westo, over to 75, and up through Hailey, Ketchum and Stanley, coming out by Challis.  We'll follow 93 to the Montana border, where we'll take a back road to Georgetown lake.  From there, we go to Anaconda.  Then we'll head to Bozeman, where the plan hits a fork.
   Either we take 89 south, and go through Yellowstone, the Tetons, and Jackson, then East to Idaho Falls on 26, Or
   We double back to Belgrade, and go south to hwy 20, and down to Idaho Falls.

However we get there, we'll take hwy 15 southwest out of Idaho Falls, to 86, which we'll follow to 84, and into Oregon.  At Ontario, we'll hit 20, and follow it farther west to 395.  We'll take 395 to 140, over to Klamath Falls, and 66 to Ashland.  From Ashland, we'll take 5 south to Yreka, and 3 back home to Weaverville.

What y'all think of the map?

And y'all are making me happier, and more comfortable with being the only kid in my school without a girlfriend...

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Arcey

Tech comes out. Hi pressure cut out switch done popped. Reset it. Fan weren't doin' right, that tripped the switch. Capacitor quit. Changed that out. He didn't like the refrigerant charge. Had ta leave ta get stuff he wanted.

Went ta the hardware while he was gone 'n got new filters. Took the fat lady. Cost me a new bird feeder. Endways, don't remember when I changed the filters last. Back hall 'n the HEY! Loft weren't too awful cruddy. The one in the kitchen was flat nasty.

Charged the way he wants it. New capacitor. Things gonna run 'til sometime tomorrow 'fore the temps get back down in here but it's a hell sight better right now than it was an hour ago.......
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Arcey

Fergot ta say. Stopped it the Kroger place on the way ta the hardware. Rescued a Pyrex bread loaf thingy. Fits in the big black one like it was made for it.

Now all I gotta do is figure out where to put it.

Lucky Irish Tom

Back when my daughter was dating it seemed to be mostly Saturday nights. My son-in -law finally got the nerve to ask me after they were married why I always seemed to be cleaning the double barrel on the porch when he came over. I was tempted to say lucky you didn't have to find out, but I told him it just worked out because it was a CAS match day. Now my granddaughter is 13 and I asked him when she starts dating if he wants to clean my shotguns for me?
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

litl rooster

TK you can go q little farther east on I80 and pick up I25 over Manida pass thru Dillon Mt then north to Georgetown take 93 back out of Missoula get more scenery that way.

Hope you are planning on fishing there
Mathew 5.9

Major 2

Can't say I ever banished if a suitor was around ....thought Kellie's friends knew very well I was well heeled...

Only situation I can relate, I was in the old barn cleaning my guns after an event... I don't recall what day of the week it was,
anyway up at the gate, then driving down our entry road was a car with two dudes in black suits....
I swear they looked like the Blues Brothers , they stop and both step out.... " We's Ministers " , one offers   
as the other extends his hand with a copy of " Awake ! "....  Jehovah's Witness.....

I step out more in to the fading daylight, as I said "NO Thank you", and truthfully un-conscientiously snapped the Hammered Double
12 Gauge , I had just completed shut.

To this day, I believe I have never seen two fellows stand more bolt upright  :o ... it was not my intention to intimidate,  it just happened that away..... Before this event, Jehovah Witness came around from time to time, and were told "we were of another denomination"   ....
This time the Minister's musta got the message....it's been many years and not one has ever returned....message received.  :)

when planets align...do the deal !

Four-Eyed Buck

I'll start a pot ::)

67 and cloudy. Had some showers yesterday afternoon and maybe some over night. Guesser's are calling for mid 70's today ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Texas Lawdog

Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. We got a good rain last night, I hope  that we get more rain today.  I planted some grass seed in a shade area under our big Magnolia tree. The area does get much sunlight, so I got some hydro mulch and applied it to the bare area. I have been watering it daily for three weeks, and I now have grass growing in the bare spot.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Arcey

Mornin'.

A/C finally finished coolin' the crib back down sometime o'er night.

Guessers puttin' it mid nineties. Chances of t-storms go up as the day goes on.

69 days 'til fall.

Be roamin' Pungo's produce stands for vegetables ta butcher for evenin' salads in a while. Wanna go 'fore it gets uncomfortable. Maybe mess with some 9s later on.

litl rooster

Morning ya'll thanks for the coffee.

Had big rain in the area till late last night- humidity is rising at the time.

Put off mowing last week looks like i'll have to get on it now. Between dogs mowing and my latest endevor... Harvesting bamboo and a job. It never gets boring. Bamboo? Going to build a zipperhead chicken coupe.

Morning Nap

Great improvements in a weeks time.
Mathew 5.9

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 54 and overcast. "Mostly cloudy with scattered showers. Highs in the upper 60s. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Arcey

Comin' about nicely, Roo.

Alice's chickens. There's a black one in there what ain't showin'. Don't know where she harvested the wire for the cage.

She hadda ole gal helpin' 'er unload some produce 'n sort it out. Had me a thought 'n axed the birds if they wanted ta take a nice warm bath in the l'il red one. Ain't thinkin' the ole gal saw the humor in it...................

Done a pantry inventory. Need too much stuff ta go ta Pungo. Be an off-site pantry thing instead. Maybe tomorrow.

litl rooster

That bird would fit the little red one just fine.
Mathew 5.9

Arcey

92° at NAO 91° at ORF. The crib's somewhere twix. Don't wanna mention humidity. Green radar stuff's movin' up from Carolina. Saw it o'er New Bern 'n checked the site, rainin' there. Reckon 2 ta 3 hours.

No birds about. No tree rats neither. One peanut went unclaimed by the jays an hour or so ago's still there. Ain't usual.

Gotta loaf in the pot.

Got lettuce 'n a tomato left ta break down. Pepper, carrots 'n the fat lady's foul smellin' onion thing's er done. Left the off-site without celery. Old age is a bite.

Delmonico

Got a polar vortex here, formally known as a cool spell.  71, got the windows open, may have to shut them later, sposse to go to about 55 tonight.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Stu Kettle

Quote from: Delmonico on July 15, 2014, 01:53:30 PM
Got a polar vortex here, formally known as a cool spell.  71, got the windows open, may have to shut them later, sposse to go to about 55 tonight.

Must be a big one - reaches clear across Newbrasky.  It's after 13:00 here and still hasn't reached 70. Was 63 at 10:00 when I decided to shut up the winders.  'Spectin' a high of 73 on the 15th of July - this must be the global warming thing I keep hearing about  ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com