Cawfee,Tea,(SweeTea) and summertime grub fer JULY

Started by Major E A Sterner, June 30, 2014, 09:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

litl rooster

Buck you ought see what it cost to fix dash lights in several chrysler models... 4 digits
Mathew 5.9

Four-Eyed Buck

Engineering wonders ::) :P

59 and sun here. Maintenence on the sewer plant equipment on tap for today. New air filters for the blowers and lubing, after that,not sure what we're going to get into ::)

I'll start a pot. Looks like I'm going to need it ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Texas Lawdog

Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. The girls are sleeping in this. Yesterday was our anniversary of adopting Victoria from the shelter. She has been a great companion for me. She is my special angel sent from above.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Arcey

Technology.............................

Mornin'.

Not as hot taday. Rainin' off 'n on. Gettin' sprinkles now. E'erthing's wet.

Didn't rain it the range o'ernight. Place drains well when it does. T-storms wait 'til after 1200 hrs we'd be 'bout done. Thought of traffic inna rain/t-boomer on the way back's gonna keep me here.

Din-din for the fat lady werked out pret good. Turkey was overcooked. Been thinkin' I didn't have the last couple totally thawed. Been takin' longer ta reach temp. Stuck the thermometer in boilin' water. Was readin' under 200°. Gotta new digital w/ a remote probe. Thing was still goin' when it hit 180°. Snatched it out, didn't wanna know.  Still held tagether well 'nuff ta slice most of it. Wish bone fell out. Sure was tender tho........................

'Nuff left for lunch for one. Gettin' lazy in my old age. Most the hardware's in the dish washer.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

litl rooster

Morning coffee is appreciated.

Hot n muggy this morning

A birthday wish today goes to Barbie's Ken. He turns 53 today, he is now 30 pounds overweight, mostly bald, has had bypass surgery. He is most likely gay... Happy Birthday Ken.
Mathew 5.9

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 45 and sunny. High of 79.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

The Trinity Kid

Mornin' Y'all.

Nothin' really on the agenda today, 'cept settin here on my hunkers.

Went to the range yesterday, doing some practice with deer rifles.  I shot 15 rounds, (three through mine, 12 through mother's) got 15 on paper at 100yds, all of them minute of deer vitals.  One group, except for the flyer, was 1/4 inch.  Best group I've ever shot.  I am considering possibly trading in the rifle I got my mother, however.  It was a brand new, in box Ruger American in 270Win.  with the scope, and at capacity(5rds), it weighs 7.25 pounds.  And it surely beatin' the snot out of my mother.  She put 9 rounds through it, and hit the paper once. :-\  It's just too much for her.   I like my old '94 better than her rifle, too.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Lucky Irish Tom

Afternoon gang, went shopping this morning, watching the storms roll through now.

Good call Arcey you would have been caught in this weather.

Roo, I sent you a PM.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Arcey

Quote from: Lucky Irish Tom on July 10, 2014, 01:47:35 PM
Good call Arcey you would have been caught in this weather.

Thinkin' they made it thru the shoot OK. Rain started it Patrick Henry by 1300 hrs. Tunnel traffic was movin' along when I looked.

Them folks can thank me. If I'd been on 64 it'd be stopped..........................
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

litl rooster

TK i have been thinking about one of those Rugers

Thanks LIT!
Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Went out ta look things over after the del-loooge

Thought mebbe someone had given the fat lady a belated b'day gift.

Nope.......

L'il girl was goin' ta visit 'cross the street. Didn't think it was that deep. Kilt the car. Neighbors pushed it up the drive. We ain't goin' no where. It can stay 'til Daddy shows up. Ain't thinkin' the l'il girl's lookin' forward to his arrival. That's her on the left.

Four-Eyed Buck

$$$$$$ flooding out a Beemer. Daddy's not gonna be very pleased for sure ::) :o :D

Arcey

She was out there with a boyfriend a bit ago. Had beach towels.....

When it quit, she panicked 'n opened the door. Water was higher'n the door sill. Fluid dynamics took over.

Stayed on the left side. The center tunnel kinda dammed it up. There's a pretty good slope to the drive. There was 'nuff in the floor in the back ta raise gold fish. Good sized ones..

Major E A Sterner

Hopefully she didn't hydro-lock the engine,Them beemer engines aren't cheap.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Major 2

Good chance it's leased  :-\  so someone down the pike will be sold a flood Bemmer  ::)

If not then Ins. will bail them out .... and someone still eventually gets the waterlogged damage , someone best check the Car-fax.

when planets align...do the deal !

Arcey

They showed to get it an RX. More towels. He popped the hood 'n looked. Can't see nothin' under there. Gave her the keys to the station wagon 'n told her to go home. She did. He gets in the sedan 'n hits the ignition. It's dead. She's gone with his phone. He's gonna let it roll out the drive. Front wheels hit the gutter. Stopped right there. Couple neighbors show up ta push er it'd still be there. It's curbed out front now.

Some tornadoes too close to daughter #2. Took a steeple off a church a couple blocks away 'n threw a few cars around. Building damage to some condos. Sucked the skylight out of Lynnhaven Mall's grand foyer 'n stuff inside what ain't supposed ta get rained on did. Hearin' only a few injuries. Don't know the extent. Thank God it wasn't worse.

Delmonico

The flooded car stories I could tell.  Glad everyone is OK.

Thought you's could use some cute, don't know this guys whole story but thanks to SPARRO (South West PA Retriever Rescue)  this guy has got a new lease on life, my buddy Joe M has a heart of gold, he has a house full on Oldies who no one else wants, he has a heart break every month or two, but he lets them live out their last days with dignity.   

Suppers ready and the dang dust is getting to me, I love my black dogs.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Four-Eyed Buck

Lucky Irish Tom

That one is really cute Del.

Glad the family came through the storms okay Arcey. Had a 20' limb come down and just missed Liz's minivan.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com