USFA Omni Potent Six Shooter What is it?

Started by Jughead, June 23, 2014, 06:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jughead

Could someone fill me in on what a USFA Omni Potent Six Shooter is? Is it a Colt Bisley reproduction? THANKS

Abilene

It is not a repro of anything exactly, which is why SASS didn't approve it for a while.  The hammer looks like a Bisley, but the grip is similar to an 1878 Colt Double Action.  You can do a Google image search to see them.

Capt. John Fitzgerald

You can find several pictures right here.  Just look under the topic "Omni-Snub Photos."
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Professor Marvel

Your Humble Servant

praeceptor miraculum

~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

jd45

I've got a variant of the USFA Omni-Potent Sixshooter, called the Omni-Potent Target, which is a replica of Colt's Bisley Flattop Target revolver with the grip frame of a Colt 1878 Double Action revolver married to it. Shooting it, it took a while for me to get used to the grip, but I finally did and like it now. It's an older manufacture with some Uberti parts. Top shelf fit & finish & it's a real shooter. It's chambered in .45 Colt caliber with a 7-1/2" barrel, all blue except the hammer which is CCH. jd45

Frank V

Boy I'd like to have one of those in .45 Colt 4-3/4" for fishing. The lanyard would be real nice to keep the gun out of the water even if you drop it.
All it takes is enough money? ???
U.S.A. RIDE FOR THE BRAND OR LEAVE!

S.W. Montana

GaryG

The "Automatic Colt Pistol" was dropped because it had the word Colt in it.   When the 2005 catalog came out it had 45 Colt roll marks on some of the pics.  He wouldn't send them out and I ended up with about 30 boxes (100 each) of catalogs in my garage.  Eventually, whole boxes were shipped to various dealers that did alot of business with USFA. 

Frank V

Wow those are nice.
Since they were dropped because they had the name Colt on the bbl. I'll bet they are rare?

S.W. Montana

The Pathfinder

What does Colt think the 'C' in ACP means? ??? No offence to any of you all out there, but sometimes lawyers can be real dumbasses and killjoys.

Frank V

Quote from: The Pathfinder on July 10, 2014, 04:54:37 PM
What does Colt think the 'C' in ACP means? ??? No offence to any of you all out there, but sometimes lawyers can be real dumbasses and killjoys.

Last I heard it was Autoloading Colt Pistol????  ::)

S.W. Montana

GaryG

I don't know how many were made but 25 sounds way to low.  As a caveat, the last time it showed up was in the April, 2007 Price list under the Patriot series.   The Patriot series was the Lend Lease and the US 30 (Carbine).  The 30 carbines are really rare.  Again I don't rememvber the exqct number but you probably only need the fingers on one hand to count them.   

The LL was basically the  Pre War finish in 45acp with a lanyard ring.  Many Pre Wars left the factory with a lanyard ring in other than 45acp. 

GaryG

Regarding the catalog, I only have one left and I'd like to keep that to remind me what once was. 

GaryG

As I remember, 357xxx was the serial number range so the one you have with the early roll mark is rare.   USFA still made some after they were taken out of the catalog.  They were probably still on the web site in some way perhaps in the customers guns section.

Frank V

Quote from: GaryG on July 10, 2014, 10:07:42 PM
Regarding the catalog, I only have one left and I'd like to keep that to remind me what once was. 

Don't blame you Gary, most of us remember what was & wish it still were!

S.W. Montana

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com