On accounta it's June!

Started by Major 2, June 01, 2014, 05:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

litl rooster

Quote from: Arcey on June 22, 2014, 05:51:13 AM
Mornin'.

Weather's the same as yestitty.

Looked it the cable box for the time when I fell outta bed. No display. Tried it. Ain't werkin'. Figgers. As little as I use it it quits on race day. Oh well. Ain't much of a race ennyways.

Found this interestin' seein' we had this conversation on the Chincoteague poinies.

http://hamptonroads.com/2014/06/corolla-wild-horses-hobbled-heredity

Thanks for the link
Mathew 5.9

Delmonico

Quote from: litl rooster on June 22, 2014, 05:46:35 AM
Del you had another wonderful day in the hat island?

95% of my customers are the greatest in the world, it's them few that try my soul and yesterday and most likely today will be worse, people coming in and shopping for a "hat" for the Kansas drunk thingy next weekend.  http://www.countrystampede.com/

They act like they are doing me a favor cause they want a cheap hat and even funnier they act like they know something.  Had one yesterday came in by himself, asked where the 7 3/4ths ones were. (Yeah we keep those in a special place)  Looked at him and said his head didn't look that big,  well he's been wearing them he said.  Left with a 6 3/4. ::)

Had one tried a 7 hat on, said it was tight, female with him who seemed to know everything asked if I had the hat in an 8. :o

Funny, I don't have any problem with someone comes in says "I want a hat, but I don't know anything about them,"  I'll spend a 1/2 selling a $50 hat if so, come in and act like you know everything, I'll know you don't, most times in 2-3 minutes of watching you.   

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Texas Lawdog

Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. Victoria and I slept in this morning. We woke to the sounds of a gentle rain. No need to water the plants on the patio this morning.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Arcey

My pleasure, Roo.

Thanks, Tex. Verizon dude was right good. Got thru to 'im after I suffered thru the robot. Said the transformer's shot. Should get 'nother by FedEx by Tuesday. Told me I could swipe the one out the back bedroom, hook it up up here 'n it'd werk. Done it. It does.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

The Trinity Kid

Morning y'all.

We're gonna be leaving for church in about an hour...  but until then, I'll be waiting for and eating a pancake.

Lookin' like we might be getting a sprinkling here, but the sky tends to be funny that way.  Look big and rainy, fly right over us and burst all over the valley. >:(  Kind of annoying.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Delmonico

Lol, is it Wed already.  Had a return from the other day, lady wanted a 7 1/2 for her husband, said that's what his hat was.  Came back, a little loose, needed a 7. ::)

She brought husband, yep his hat was a 7 1/2, 7 3/8 fit him fine.   
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Four-Eyed Buck

Have a broken water line up in the old section of the park. We tried to find the shut off in the line running from the main last night.No dice. Talked to my boss on the phone, and ended up with the excavator there. Right now we got a 7ft. hole in the grounbd as theaccess tube shifted and the shut off tool wouldn't connect to the valve. Had to dig out the tube and then pump out the pit as these older installations were in pits. Has taken over four hours to get the pit emptied. Not much room under there. Line broke before the shutoff under the home. home dates to 1972, probably the 22nd one put in ::) :P :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

pony express

Nice day here, sunny but not too hot. Went to the reloading shed after church, pretty much stayed there all afternoon. About got everything loaded for the Grand Muster later this week.

Delmonico

I plan on leaving about noon on Tuesday, worked out I can and I need some away time. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Stu Kettle

I was planning to wait till Thursday, but if you don't mind some company on yer away time I might show up on Wednesday.

Been campin in the motorhouse for awhile now. Finally built a fire last night & cooked chicken fried steaks, mashed taters & gravy for 15. I made enough to feed twenty & had just enough leftovers for today.

Delmonico

I'll have something for supper for us, going to have some lunch available on Thurs, we can scrounge up breakfast if needed also. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Four-Eyed Buck

I'll start a pot.

63 and mostly sunny.

Water is back on. This home had some galvanized pipe under it, problem was there with a 1" nipple that went just before the shut off underneath. At 75lbs. pressure didn't take long to fill the pit  up. Accesss tube will have to be replaced, have a thinner pvc pipe on there now to keep dirt off the valve. ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Arcey

Sounds like time ta talk a raise, Buck.

Mornin'.

Guessin' on low eighties without rain. Weren't my favorite conditions yestitty but fer June I'll take it 'n run. Got up the rest of the branch what fell durin' the storm without bein' soakin' wet with sweat.

Really crestfallen o'er the werld football match. If it weren't fer Patrick's phenomenal run in her way cool GoDaddy shebby, losing only seven positions from her start, I'd prolly need a grief councilor.

HEY, cuzzin Tom! We gotta get in this hole.

Chesapeake shook 'er down fer puttin' the sign out front the place. Kinda like Norfolk did ta Imprevento fer 'is non-elegant sign at Lucé. She needs the coin.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

litl rooster

Lulu's looks like a friendly place to get a dog r 3.

Thanks for the cup 4i'd Buck

Morning ya'll rain has stopped for now gonna start mowing here in a  bit.
Mathew 5.9

Texas Lawdog

Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. She can fix me a couple of hot dogs anytime, She is a Cutie!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Buck.

.2" rain overnight.
'Tis 65 and overcast. " Cloudy. A chance of showers in the morning...then a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Patchy fog in the morning. Highs in the upper 70s. Light and variable wind. Chance of rain 50 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

litl rooster

Quote from: Silver Creek Slim on June 23, 2014, 07:57:47 AM
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Buck.

.2" rain overnight.
'Tis 65 and overcast. " Cloudy. A chance of showers in the morning...then a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Patchy fog in the morning. Highs in the upper 70s. Light and variable wind. Chance of rain 50 percent."

Slim

How'd the horsemanship clinic go?
Mathew 5.9

Stu Kettle

Quote from: Delmonico on June 22, 2014, 10:18:25 PM
I'll have something for supper for us, going to have some lunch available on Thurs, we can scrounge up breakfast if needed also. 

Sounds good. I'll bring some an extra can of Spam for Thursday's breakfast  ;)

Sorry I missed yer call this morning. Had company at camp & I was doing pancakes & eggs fer the whole tribe.

Delmonico

No problem, was just making sure you would be there for supper on Wed, I had an idea I thought you would like, or rather know you will like.

Got my list and that for shopping and a rough plan for meals, wrote on it Road Sausage for Tuesday night, which means I'm stopping at a small town locker somewhere along the way and trying something I ain't tried before that is local made.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com