On accounta it's June!

Started by Major 2, June 01, 2014, 05:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sod Buster

Quote from: litl rooster on June 13, 2014, 01:24:16 AM
Full moon on Friday 13th glad i don't work in a ER.

I flew home to VA from Long Island during that.  It was a bumpy, rainy ride.

SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Texas Lawdog

Happy Flag Day!  I made it through Friday the 13th undamaged. I did not sleep well last night, I slept in this morning. I watched the Nationwide race and the 24 Hrs of Le Mans. The truck race qualifying has started, glad to see them racing there again. I hope to see a Nationwide race there soon. Arcey, you got some cute ladies. Moose and I both have brown eyes, so we prolly would have had brown eyed kids.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

litl rooster

Back from B'ham walk a mile to get to the convention center. Then climbed a 1000 steps to get to the show areas then hiked 10 miles thru out the hall seeing about a million duck calls. 2 million turkey calls. 600 non typical deer heads. Some idiot tow truck driver and wife.... The 88 car- Uncle Ted's guitar was sitting there but he wasn't.  Another 1/2 million non essential outdoor things. I Did learn a new indoor range is coming to my neighborhood next spring. Found .223 for .44 cents around  All in all for the first show, they did good i'd go again.

Stopped at Red Robin on the way back.
Sod Buster gun show is next month there.

No rain now in nearly 24 hours

Mathew 5.9

Major 2

One of my crew , lost his Dad yesterday, not unexpected he was terminal , the Hospital had said "they could nothing more for him,"
He decide to go home , by way of his own Home.
At the approximate same hour my nephew's & wife's  Daughter was born by C-section.

The calls came back to back.... life goes on
when planets align...do the deal !

pony express

Morning everyone! Going shooting today! Hope today's weather will be as nice as yesterday.

litl rooster

Good morning coffee is on..

Happy Fathers Day to all you that are fathers
Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Time 'n life does, indeed, go on, M2. A door closes 'n 'nother door opens. My thoughts for both families 'n friends.

Happy Fathers Day, y'all.

Again, thanks for the comments.

Weather stinks.

Guardedly optimistic of gettin' concession calls from supporters of the names Ginny 'n Penny. That said, we're braced for a late surge.

Did ya try blowin' inta the exhaust of the stock car ta git ya a 'Die-Do,' Roo?
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

pony express

Well, just over half an hour after my first post, the sky opened up and the rain poured down. I think Friday and yesterday were the first 2 consecutive days without rain for over a month here, but apparently that "dry spell" can't last through today.

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Litl Rooster.

'Tis 60 and overcast. "Breezy. Mostly cloudy. Scattered showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the morning...then thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 70s. Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph shifting to the south 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Gusts up to 35 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Major 2

expecting thunder boomers again today, they came early yesterday about 1PM we had rain into the evening
averaging 50% daily forecasts.

Getting kinda hungry , no clue yet ...but a Chicago hot dog sounds good

Delmonico

LOL, got a guy at work from near Chicago, he made a big deal one time when he was going there on a bussiness trip about stopping some place and getting one of those.  I had him tell me what he was going to put on it then I told him of several local made ones he could put on a bun, put a little mustard on and enjoy cause they we so good you didn't have to hide them under a bunch of junk.   ;D 

You should have heard the air come out when I deflated him, but I deflate him all the time.    ;)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

El Peludo

Good lookin' girls you got there, Arcey, I can see you're proud of them; I would be, too.  Our grandson, Kathan, is graduating high school in a couple of weeks, and we will venture to the milieu of Southern California for the event.  His baby sis, Kayva,  is "graduating" from the fifth grade to middle school (grades six thru eight) the same day.  Bella, and "step-granddaughter", Devin, "graduated" a week and a half ago, also from fifth to middle school, but the school district here doesn't make a big deal about it, they just send the kids out the door with a certificate and swift kick.  Rough thing is, we haven't seen Devin in over three months since Jeremy and her mom went to splitsville; kind'a disturbed over that, but life does go on.

Happy Father's Day to all of the Fathers out there.  Thanks for the coffee on this fine morning.  It is sparkly blue sky, light breeze, the temp is warm, 87 according to the NWS at Mc Carran International, and surprise, it's 87 on our patio, but the humidity is somewhat elevated at (my hygrometer says) 56%.  That is high for this neck of the woods.

Had us a nice surprise for Father's Day; younger son, Jeremy, our Bella's Daddy, dropped into town early yesterday morning on his way from Corpus Christi, TX to San Francisco with a truck load of pineapples.  He has his truck at the local Pilot Flying J Truck Center, and I took Bella with me yesterday morning to fetch him home for a few days; I thought I was going to have to put a leash on her so she wouldn't take off across the truck yard and get squished by a passing truck - she was so excited; he has been gone for over two months this round.  He will be here until Tuesday.

Y'all have a good day; I'm gonna go see what I can find to fool with.

Later.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Major 2

Del

Chicagoan's get all puffy about their style pizza too,  they''ll  argue their's is the best over NY or where ever.

I like a good dog, with just mustard ....but I'll use any excuse to add condiments in search of dog heaven.  :)

today's was not a Chicago after all ... today was mustard, onion & sauerkraut.

River City John

Quote from: Major 2 on June 15, 2014, 03:27:25 PM
... today was mustard, onion & sauerkraut.

Guaranteed heaven, followed shortly thereafter by guaranteed heartburn hell . . .

"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

litl rooster

Dutch ovened some cornish yard birds new red's and corn in the cob

One of the many examples of the 600 dead deer i looked at yesterday... I believe this one was from Indiana

Mathew 5.9

Major 2

that looks waaaayyy better than my hot dog  :)

no heart burn though ... Prilosec OTC once a week solves that

pony express

Well, the heavy rain for a half hour this morning turned out to be all there was, had nice weather for the shoot, had 4 misses and no P. Since I was the only one shooting Military, I either won first, or came in dead last.....not sure which.

litl rooster

Quote from: pony express on June 15, 2014, 05:37:19 PM
Well, the heavy rain for a half hour this morning turned out to be all there was, had nice weather for the shoot, had 4 misses and no P. Since I was the only one shooting Military, I either won first, or came in dead last.....not sure which.

A win is a win, rejoice while you can.
Mathew 5.9

Four-Eyed Buck

Amen,Brother lR ;)

Just able to get in here, with the wife home,she ties this thing up ::) :P

Did laundry today, and just took the trash out to the curb. Dr.'s appointment tomorrow morning early then back to work. ::)

80 and clear at the moment.
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Four-Eyed Buck

Forgot, lR them birds look MIGHTY tasty! ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com