Author Topic: Shotgun Help Needed  (Read 16458 times)

Derby Younger

Re: Shotgun Help Needed
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2005, 08:03:17 PM »
"..there must be A way to level the playen field. Maybe the wild bunch will see this??

Or you consider buying/trading for a pump?

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2005, 08:40:24 PM »

rap your right!! no matter how fast you are your not gunna beat A pump. we just have so much more to do.we have to break, load, cock, disengage safety, shoot. we can't have ejectors, but A pump will dump mt's 3 feet away,load and shoot
there must be A way to level the playen field. Maybe the wild bunch will see this?? :o
[/quote]

Not, the way to beat a pump is practice with the side by side.  Tell Red River Ray that you can't beat a pump.  He just won the NC State Championship using a sxs.  He was the overall match winner at the North East Regionals and also VA State championship.

If you tell that man he can't win with a SxS I don't think that he will quite get the message.  ::)
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2005, 08:45:49 PM »
'er ya kin shoot Frontier Cartridge whar e'erboy uses a dual exhaust shotgun...............................
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 09:48:36 PM »

Offline Big John Wyatt

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2005, 09:34:25 PM »
'er ya kin shoot Frontier Cartridge whar e'erboy uses a dual exhaust shotgun...............................
...with manual chokes....

It's what I prefer.... :D
BJW
Thunder River Renegades
Texas Regulators
SASS# 38825
----------------------------
Last night I saw a cowgirl, and she was floatin' across the ceilin'
----------------------------
Back in Black
-----------------------------
SCORRS, STORM 177
-----------------------------
WARTHOG "BY GAWD"

The Arapaho Kid

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2005, 03:22:34 AM »
Reaming out the chambers on my two shooter with toothpaste sounds like a plan.  Most toothpaste has pumice in it.  I would guess that a tube of TP would cost less than a tin of industrial polishing compound?  I'm thinking that some of those brands of TP like Plus White and those others that say they make your teeth whiter....would have more pumice?

And...while we are still here....I am a little confused.  They say we can't have ejectors in our shotguns. When I break mine open there's a little device that slides the spent rounds back out of the chamber about an inch.  Is that an ejector, or an extractor?

I think, Monday, I'll be visiting my local gun shop and picking up a few of those bore swabs, then a tube ot TP and have a go at reaming out my two shooter chambers.

This thread is getting very interesting....and yes!  I am taking notes for the test on Friday!  LOL!

Offline Qball

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2005, 08:06:51 AM »

And...while we are still here....I am a little confused.  They say we can't have ejectors in our shotguns. When I break mine open there's a little device that slides the spent rounds back out of the chamber about an inch.  Is that an ejector, or an extractor?
That would be the extractor.
The ejector flings the spent cartridge over your shoulder. 
WartHog
SCORRS
SootLord
STORM

Offline blue drifter

• semper fi blue drifter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2005, 12:00:45 PM »
Yep.  Disengage the safety.

Get ya a 12 bore swab, chuck it in a hand-held drill, smear polishing compound on it (some people use toothpaste).  Polish those chambers with a steady, even in-out motion.  The empties will fall out like they're skeerd. 

Hammerless SxS will be quicker than hammered.  They're "period".
dose anybody know how to unhook that auto safety. ??? ??? ???   thanks
semper fi, dav, blue drifter

Offline Stump Water

• I ain't gonna worry about it.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2005, 06:59:09 PM »

I'll talk to tha pard that disuncombobbled the saftey on my Libirdee. And get back to ya.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2005, 09:39:54 PM »
Pull the stock off a Stoeger 'n it's painfully obvious.  Drift out one pin, pull the stuff out then put the stock back on it.  Might take ten minutes.

Ya could trim the actuatin' rod sos the safety could be manually engaged if'n ya wanted.  Decided not ta cut nuttin' sos I could put it back stock if I ever wanted ta sell it.  Got all the parts in a zip-lock evidence envelope........
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline blue drifter

• semper fi blue drifter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2005, 08:08:22 AM »

I'll talk to tha pard that disuncombobbled the saftey on my Libirdee. And get back to ya.
thanks stump,you can send me a email if you want
semper fi, dav, blue drifter

The Arapaho Kid

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2005, 12:17:19 PM »
Can I bug you with another question?  Ok....on the hammerless shotguns...when you break it open and reload, then close.....she's locked, cocked and ready to rock....right?  There's nothing more to do after you reload and close and before you pull the triggers?

Offline Stump Water

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2005, 05:05:52 PM »
Can I bug you with another question?  Ok....on the hammerless shotguns...when you break it open and reload, then close.....she's locked, cocked and ready to rock....right?  There's nothing more to do after you reload and close and before you pull the triggers?

Provided the automatic safety is disengaged, per Arcey's instructions, yep.

Offline Stump Water

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2005, 05:06:52 PM »

thanks stump,you can send me a email if you want

I reckon Arcey done cover'd it.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2005, 05:51:22 PM »
Okay taking the advise here, I don't know if it was the Crest or the Pledge but my mt's did not have to be scracthed and clawed out today. I reborehawged the chambers with Crest again tonight before I cleaned. Now question for Arcey and Stump, Camille, will the spring kit for the Stoeger from Brownells help be break open...I am losing seconds getting broke down, (I am not switching to a pump, mabe some mule ears later)
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2005, 06:02:59 PM »
All mine are stock, Rooster.  Don't know.  The poor thing's 'bout wore out.  Opens good.

One thing ya gottah watch with a Stoeger not openin' is yer nasty fingers on the trigger(s).  Firin' pins won't retract if there's pressure on the trigger(s).  Keep the thing locked shut tight if ya don't let 'em go. 

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2005, 06:22:04 PM »
All mine are stock, Rooster.  Don't know.  The poor thing's 'bout wore out.  Opens good.

One thing ya gottah watch with a Stoeger not openin' is yer nasty fingers on the trigger(s).  Firin' pins won't retract if there's pressure on the trigger(s).  Keep the thing locked shut tight if ya don't let 'em go. 

Thanks Arcey, I will keep that in mind next time I practice...Hope to get to shoot with you and Stump some time.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2005, 07:22:52 PM »
Ennytime, Rooster.

In Virginia, ya n'er know where I'll show up...........

Offline Bitterwheat

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2005, 04:57:05 PM »
Try this site, Maraurder< has some good gumsmithing tips on shotguns> I have a chinses Jing double that wouldn't open to easy and it wouldn't eject the shells. I bought a break hone and polished the chambers follow the direction on his web page to disengage the saftey.  www.marauder.homestead.com__

Offline Marauder

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Marauder&#039;s Old West Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2005, 12:47:23 PM »

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2005, 04:53:33 PM »
http://www.marauder.homestead.com/shotgun.html

Marauder, thanks for all the excellant advise, I also read  Hombre Grande's link and am going to start my Stoeger tomorrow. Sounds has if only a couple of hours are needed.
lr
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com