WTB 50-95 Winchester

Started by Grenadier, March 10, 2014, 01:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grenadier

Checking the usual suspects and I cannot seem to find an Uberti in stock. Was hoping someone here might have one they would part with for a decent price.

MJN77

Don't know if it's a decent price, but Dixie has them in stock for $1600.
http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?products_id=14074

Mean Bob Mean

Quote from: Grenadier on March 10, 2014, 01:37:45 PM
Checking the usual suspects and I cannot seem to find an Uberti in stock. Was hoping someone here might have one they would part with for a decent price.

There is one for a couple hundred less at Kevin's in Tallahassee (like 1350.00).  He has had it there awhile, I would make an offer to them, they may be willing to move it.  I live there so if you need any help let me know. 
"We tried a desperate game and lost. But we are rough men used to rough ways, and we will abide by the consequences."
- Cole Younger

Grenadier

Thanks, Mean Bob! I think I have found one...should have it by the end of next week, if things all work out.

Mean Bob Mean

Quote from: Grenadier on March 11, 2014, 07:25:58 AM
Thanks, Mean Bob! I think I have found one...should have it by the end of next week, if things all work out.

Congrats!  If you hate it, send it to me.

Best of luck with her, happy shooting mate.
"We tried a desperate game and lost. But we are rough men used to rough ways, and we will abide by the consequences."
- Cole Younger

ndnchf

Congrats!  I love my 50-95, it creates its own thunder and lightening!
"We're all travelers in this world.  From the sweet grass to the packing house, birth till death, we travel between the eternities"  Prentiss Ritter, Broken Trail

hatman

Quote from: ndnchf on March 11, 2014, 08:43:20 PM
Congrats!  I love my 50-95, it creates its own thunder and lightening!

I bought a Uberti 76 in 50-95 about a year and a half ago.  Only had it out to the range twice so far.
It's beautiful.
While I got some ogles at the range I had a hard time hitting a 17" target at 50 yards with BA 300gr smokeless rounds.
I don't reload some I have to go with BA.
I have some 350gr rounds but haven't tried them yet.
Full disclosure:  I'm a total noob compared to so many  on this forum.  That's why I'm here - to learn.

King Medallion

King Medallion
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

ndnchf

Quote from: hatman on March 12, 2014, 12:01:36 AM
I bought a Uberti 76 in 50-95 about a year and a half ago.  Only had it out to the range twice so far.
It's beautiful.
While I got some ogles at the range I had a hard time hitting a 17" target at 50 yards with BA 300gr smokeless rounds.
I don't reload some I have to go with BA.
I have some 350gr rounds but haven't tried them yet.
Full disclosure:  I'm a total noob compared to so many  on this forum.  That's why I'm here - to learn.

Well, the .50-95 is not known to be a tack driver, but it certainly can do better than 17" at 50 yards.  Here is an example from my rifle.

"We're all travelers in this world.  From the sweet grass to the packing house, birth till death, we travel between the eternities"  Prentiss Ritter, Broken Trail

hatman

Quote from: ndnchf on March 12, 2014, 10:39:18 AM
Well, the .50-95 is not known to be a tack driver, but it certainly can do better than 17" at 50 yards.  Here is an example from my rifle.

I'll try the 350gr BA rounds next time.
Fortunately I didn't buy it to be my best shooting rifle.
If all I ever do in the future is pull it out occasionally to stare at it with a smile on my face it was still worth the money.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com