February ...O Dark Thirty Coffee is up

Started by Major 2, February 01, 2014, 02:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delmonico

I use an old envelope and a pencil.   Way too much trouble for these fingers to type on those little button things. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Delmonico

Making progress on the fruit, on to rhubarb.  OK, it ain't really a fruit by biological standards but if you make dessert out of it, then it counts as a fruit.  LOL
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Stu Kettle

Never made anything but a dessert out of it.  Is it true that the leaves are poisonous?

Delmonico

Quote from: Stu Kettle on February 26, 2014, 02:18:31 PM
Never made anything but a dessert out of it.  Is it true that the leaves are poisonous?

yep, they contain oxalic acid but it is estimated it would take about 10 pounds to kill you, a meal of greens would just make you feel a bit sick. 

But, yeah, don't eat the leaves and don't eat the kernel out of the pit of peaches or apricots, cyanide isn't real good for you either even in small amounts.  Oh and don't eat the leaves of tomatoes and potatoes either. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Stu Kettle

Never thought rhubarb leaves looked tasty, but they are big enough that a guy could wrap food in them & roast it on coals.  Never tried it because I always heard they were poison & figured it wasn't worth the risk.

Delmonico

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico

Just looked it up, causes respiratory problems and kidney failure.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Texas Lawdog

Major, Some folks should be seen and not heard. You cannot fix STUPID!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Arcey

I'd be polite ta the dude. Wouldn't get any deeper in conversation with 'im than 'is favorite color.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Delmonico

I'd look carefully at my money, doubt he's on the A Team, bet he's on the C or phoney money team. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico

BTW, I just got carded at the store, I passed the test with just one piece of ID, Got my 5% off for Wed and Sr discount for being over 55.   ::) ;D  I was ready to tell her i was in 1st grade at lunch when we heard about JFK, had to stay inside that day because it was raining.   ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Lucky Irish Tom

I use the senior discount or veteran's discount whichever gets me the best deal Del. I normally ask if I can get both, most store clerks don't find that amusing.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Major 2

Glen... you had me to thinking...the JFK assassination ? I was in 9 grade science class ....

when planets align...do the deal !

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis -10 and sunny. WC -26. High of 4.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Stu Kettle

Thanks fer the coffee Slim.

Still drivin' the Wife to work. 'Spected it to get up to 40 degrees yesterday, would have gone a long way toward clearing the driveway, but it only made 22.

Saw something new this morning. The gas station in Madrid has an electronic sign that scrolls the time & temp, fuel prices, & whatever else they want to advertise. The morning it said the temp was -0 ???  How much colder is that than +0?

litl rooster

Quote from: Delmonico on February 26, 2014, 02:30:40 PM
yep, they contain oxalic acid but it is estimated it would take about 10 pounds to kill you, a meal of greens would just make you feel a bit sick. 

But, yeah, don't eat the leaves and don't eat the kernel out of the pit of peaches or apricots, cyanide isn't real good for you either even in small amounts.  Oh and don't eat the leaves of tomatoes and potatoes either. ;D

ya forgot cherry tree leaves

Learned his morning Redneck Comedian songwriter/guitar picker Tim Wilson Passed heart attack no needle in his arm away.  RIP

Took a little drive after the roads were opened from that little snow fall we had this past week.

Mathew 5.9

Delmonico

Quote from: litl rooster on February 27, 2014, 08:54:17 AM
ya forgot cherry tree leaves

And apple and pear seeds, parsnip leaves, plus anything you buy from a speaker that comes out of a window. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Four-Eyed Buck

Geez, this list keeps gettin' longer ::) ;D

15,WC-4 here. Snowin' pretty good too :P

As far as the Kennedy thing, I was in Freshman English class when the announcement came over the P.A. system. Spent the next period in the band room with a lot of crying females ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Texas Lawdog

Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. Victoria and I slept in this morning. The temp is 37, with a high of 54. The sun is out, but slow to warm up. I have some errands to run, it should be warmer by noon.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

litl rooster

Quote from: Delmonico on February 27, 2014, 09:00:55 AM
And apple and pear seeds, parsnip leaves, plus anything you buy from a speaker that comes out of a window. ;)

Your right I garuntee you can consume more of any above than you can cherry tree leaves 1 oz will kill a horse dead
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com