February ...O Dark Thirty Coffee is up

Started by Major 2, February 01, 2014, 02:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcey

Mornin'.

Temperature at the tone is 37°. A chance of rain and snow before noon, then a slight chance of rain between noon and 1500 hours. Cloudy, with a high near 42°. Northeast wind 6 to 13 mph becoming northwest in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Y'all diss owlgore. Shame on ya. Weren't for him inventin' the internet we'd be usin' carrier pigeons.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Stu Kettle

Just looked at the "forecast". It's 9 below right now with wind chill around -30, but they're guessing it'll get to +40 this afternoon. We'll see.

The pickup is warming up in the driveway, the wife's car is still snowed in & I have no plans to shovel any snow.

If it weren't fer algore I wouldn't have no idea how hot the planet is getting  ::)

Delmonico

1 lousy degree here and no wind at all, dead calm so no WC.    Pigeons ain't bad eating of you fix em right.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Arcey

Mebbe if ya call it sumthin' else the pseudo intellectuals will think it's sumthin' rather'n them nasty birds. I know, let's say squab.

'A chance of rain and snow before noon..........'

The guessers got the snow part right.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Four-Eyed Buck

Thanks for the coffee ;)

14,WC 1. Sun's out,we've got a dusting of snow here.

Have a Medicare seminar/sign-up( maybe) this morning. This one is promising, connected to the hospital I like,plus, most of my Doc's have priviledges there. If it comes out close or lower than Aetna all things considered, this'll be the one I'll go with. It's one of those Advantage plans ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Stu.

'Tis -10 and sunny. WC -26. "Blustery. Sunny in the morning then becoming partly sunny. Some blowing and drifting snow. Highs 10 to 15. West wind 10 to 15 mph shifting to the southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts to around 35 mph in the afternoon. Wind chills to 30 below zero."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Stu Kettle

The thermometer readout on the dash of my pickup said -18 & got as low as -24 on the way to town. Was starting to doubt it's accuracy but it said -10 when I got to Grant, where the weather channel said it was -9.

Yet another day to be thankful I don't work outdoors anymore.

Nobody turned off the coffee pot at school yesterday so I had some cleanup to do before I could make the first pot. Looked like about half a pot boiled dry overnight.

Did I mention I have to see the doc this morning?  Not looking forward to it - last time I went to him with a similar complaint I ended up spending a week in the hospital & came home with drain tubes hanging out of my butt cheek ::)

Texas Lawdog

Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. It is 33 and rainy here, with a high of 42. It is supposed to get up to 55 tomorrow. That Cawffee tastes especially tasty this morning. Oatmeal and toast for breakfast, for later this morning. I guess that it is good that Owl invented the internet, I hate to clean up pigeon crap.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Stu Kettle

;D this is a first for me - I'm sitting in a warm room drinking coffee & looking out the window at my boss shoveling snow off the sidewalk.   Gotta give him credit, that's not his job & we do have a crew working on it.

I'm afraid carrier pigeons would get to be to much like pets & that'd make it hard to eat them. The trick to cooking them is not to let them get too done - about medium rare they are good eating. Same is true of their puny cousins that are a much more popular game bird.

Major E A Sterner

Mornin Y'all,22 here and sunny.Had a guy show up at the shoot to watch,He has all his guns but was waiting on his shotgun belt.Told him he should have brought what he had and we would have found a belt for him.Got talking to him and found out he's a Secret Service agent Of course one of the other guys started to say something about the idiot in the White house and how the guy should duck in case of gun fire.I had to tell him to not say anything else or he might find himself being watched very closely.Some folks just don't think things through... ::) ::)
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

litl rooster

No boat's here this morning will be sitting on a bucket staring at a hole in the lake though.

thanks for the coffee
Mathew 5.9

Delmonico

Quote from: Arcey on February 26, 2014, 07:16:33 AM
Mebbe if ya call it sumthin' else the pseudo intellectuals will think it's sumthin' rather'n them nasty birds. I know, let's say squab.

'A chance of rain and snow before noon..........'

The guessers got the snow part right.

City ones ain't fit to eat.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico

I've had a couple cups already and have pissed someone off on another board, now to learn something and all 3 of my daily goals will be done.   ;D

One of those species I mentioned yesterday, we were talking about coffee and she mentioned she liked a latte made with roasted dany-lion root and I said latte and real coffee should never be mentioned in the same thread.  Didn't bother telling her dandy-lion root coffee was what poor folks used when they couldn't get the real stuff. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico

OK, not even 10 yet and at my everyday goals.  I learned one reason you don't see quinces much any more is they are the most susceptible member of the Rosaceae Family of plants to fire blight.   ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Stu Kettle

Quote from: Delmonico on February 26, 2014, 08:58:59 AM
City ones ain't fit to eat.

never ate one that grew up in the city but don't know why they would taste any different.  Same bird, I would think he's gonna eat the same kind of diet no matter where he lives.  Saw Andrew Zimmer eat some city pigeons on TV once & when they cleaned em they all had a craw full of corn.

Delmonico

Quote from: Stu Kettle on February 26, 2014, 09:43:19 AM
never ate one that grew up in the city but don't know why they would taste any different.  Same bird, I would think he's gonna eat the same kind of diet no matter where he lives.  Saw Andrew Zimmer eat some city pigeons on TV once & when they cleaned em they all had a craw full of corn.

I've seen them in a McDonalds parking lot eating that stuff tossed out because it was unfit to eat.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico

OK, Genus Rubus and the fruits of the rose family are done, this one is a thorny subject in many ways. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Stu Kettle

I saw the Doc & he saw me - looks like I'll live at least a while longer.  Didn't have to have any painful treatment or strange new drugs (yet).

The really good news is that he and i studied the images from my latest CAT scan & can find no sign of the spot in my liver that we have been so worried about, & the other area is much improved since the last scan.

Don't know if it'll make 40º today, had only warmed up to 0º by 11:00.

Arcey

Good on ya, Stu.

The white crap quit. Not 'nuff ta cover an 8x10 glossy of the PT-73 laid face up.

Took a ride inta the future. Keep a stack of 3 by 5s 'n a pad of Post-it® things on my desk. Need 'em as short term memory goes. Been scribblin' out lists for the off site pantry fer a long time on the cards. When I get back here the list is still where I left it, here.

Typed 'Shoppin' List' on the cell thingy's note pad couple days ago. Use the edit function ta add to it. Got ta the off site this mornin', pull the electronics (I'm pretty good 'bout carryin' the thing) ran up the shoppin' list 'n didn't ferget a damned thing.

Now all I gotta remember is typin' stuff I want/need in there.

Stu Kettle

Arcey, There's an app for that.  Prob'ly several, the one I use is called ShopShop - not only keeps a running list & lets me mark em off as I go, it also remembers everything I add to the list so I don't have to retype em again next time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com