February ...O Dark Thirty Coffee is up

Started by Major 2, February 01, 2014, 02:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Trinity Kid

I think I'll stick to meat and biscuits... ::)

Rainin' here.  'Bout an inch in 24 hours.  Got a city trip today... Gonna enjoy all the Prius-drivers tryin' to take the mountain at 55... :o

Stu, We know technology is advanced when we can measure a -0... ;)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Texas Lawdog

I got the errands run, but it still has not warmed up enough to my liking. I am back at home. Victoria is getting some good sleep in the den.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

litl rooster

went glockin' too many flyer'

Kind of cold about 2 feet of snow at the range. But the lot and road to were open. Even had lanes cut to the rifle targets

- stopped at the restocking store bought some more replacement ammo. I need to go and stock on some .223 while they have it and it is not too expensive

still fun regardless
Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Hey.

Fairly decent weather at the radar trap otherwise known as Waverly. Got a bit chilly when the wind kicked up was all. PC Slim wrote a real nice OFSDAR shoot complete with a team challenge after the main stages.

Had me a day similar ta the one the Maj told us ah havin'. Apart from not shootin' werth a hoot, gettin' the sleeve ta my jacket hung onna hunka splitered wood stickin' out a barricade (stops ya in yer tracks) 'n four – count 'em – four DUD REMINGTON primers, REMINGTON primers screwed up that is. Four FREAKIN' REMINGTON primers didn't go bang. I only have four thousand from that batch of CRUMMY REMINGTON primers left.

Maj, we're only as good as our last shoot. I stunk.

Team challenge was paired up by a blind draw. Twenty two knockdowns, side by side, varying heights, eight ta ten yards er so.. You 'n yer teammate started at opposite ends 'n werked to the center. As long as a target stood ya went for it no matter which side it was on. Final two were four inch circles. Go 'til they were all down er ya both ran outta ammo. No team ran outta ammo.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Four-Eyed Buck

3 here, with no WC.......for a change ::) :-\

They some excitement at the bus garage today. Seems about 6:40 A.M., a bus went through the front of the garage. Took out the main pillar between the left and middle repair bays. Dropped both doors, hit another bus in the repair bay forcing it into the front wall. All this was caught on the security cams and ended up on the news tonight.This leaves the right repair bay and the wash bay only, but probably not usable because the structure is compromised. No one was hurt, thankfully. But,I think that driver is in a heap of trouble as it don't look like there was a mechanicle problem fron the video shown :o :o :o :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

The Trinity Kid

Evenin' y'all.

Trip to the city wern't so bad... except for the trip to the city part. ::)
On the way, we passed a wreck.  Right at the bottom of a very long, steep, curvy section of road.  A flatbed Semi went over the edge.  Rolled at least once, and came to rest on the cab.  Don't know how the driver fared.  The driver side of the cab was the only part of the truck that wasn't squashed to oblivion.  God moves in mysterious ways...

Weren't no Prius drivers though.  Did get tailed by a pick-up truck.  Once I let him pass, not ten seconds later he went around a corner and hydroplaned. ::)  Sometimes it's better for an Oregon college student to follow the local highschooler...

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Silver Creek Slim

'Tis -20. Brought in more wood a bit ago. Tired of sleeping on the couch feeding the fire.
Coffee on fer the early risers. Hoping ta get a couple more hours of sleep. BTW, "Wanted Dead or Alive" is on.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Arcey

Mornin'.

23° now 'n sunny. High near 36°. North wind 13 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.

Sunny out yestitty but I was covered up pret good. Thinkin' on puttin' on the new trunks I picked up at Sam's a couple weeks ago, makin' up some ice cold lemonade, draggin' a chase lounge inta the open 'n catchin' a few rays 'fore the sun gets behind the clouds. 
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Delmonico

18 here, chance of snow through Sun evening. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

'Tis -18 and sunny. "Not as cold. Partly sunny in the morning...then cloudy with light snow likely in the afternoon. Snow accumulation around 1 inch. Highs in the middle teens. South wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent. Wind chills to 35 below zero in the morning."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

litl rooster

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr too cold for me there Slim

Thanks for the coffee.
Mathew 5.9

Texas Lawdog

Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. The temp is 46, with a high of 79. More errands to run in town.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Four-Eyed Buck

10,WC -2........Brrrrrrrr! :P Sun is out though,for what it's worth ::)

Wife did find out who the driver and rider were. Rider was a good friend from back during my "problems" there. Driver is now on Administrative leave.

Have to go out in a bit and pick up some drugs( 'scrips that is). Medicare is going to be an expensive proposition once I'm on it. Meds are going to get really expensive ::) :P :-\

Arcey

Just hang in there 'nother ten years, Buck. We'll be savin' $8,000.00 bucks a year on fuel in ten years 'n that'll cover it. Barry 'E'erbody'll pay $2,500.00 less a year for medical insurance' Soetoro said so.

Then, with Biden's solar shingles what'll provide all the electrical power yer house can use fer free 'n we'll be in high cotton.

Stu Kettle

Thought we were havin a heat wave this morning. It was 18 above just before dawn. It's 30 now, that's 'sposed to be the high, & it's windy & grey.  They're guessing we migh get an inch or so over the weekend.

Confiscated a 15 year old boy's laptop last period for causing a disturbance in class with it. After the bell rang I opened it up to see what was so funny. The open page had search results for "naked black guy" ???

Don't really know how to react to that.  Pretty sure the principal will.

Four-Eyed Buck

"Dream along with me, I'm on my way to a star" ::) :o ;D

I looked at the paperwork for my one 'scrip. according to it, the total cost of a 90 day supply is $715.00 :o :o :o I'm probasbly going to have to make a choice reguarding my two high cost ones. $200 every month for the two is more than the budget can handle,plus, another $101 on top of the standard Medicare cost is gonna strain things a bunch. there's three more on top of that that'll be $10 a piece until I hit the Gap. In the Gap, cost will be 47% until totals get close to $5000 OOP. Whoever said these were the Golden years, I wonder who is gettin' Golden. Ain't me :-\

Bug just went off, Winter Storm Watch startin' Saturday evening until Monday afternoon :P

Delmonico

Quote from: Stu Kettle on February 28, 2014, 02:36:42 PM

Don't really know how to react to that.  Pretty sure the principal will.

That's what they get paid the big bucks for. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Stu Kettle

Quote from: Delmonico on February 28, 2014, 03:27:52 PM
That's what they get paid the big bucks for. 

Exactly. & one of the many reasons they couldn't pay me enough to do his job.

Hey Buck, I gotta envy you them cheap pills. I just signed paperwork yesterday agreeing to pay what my insurance won't on my new chemo pills. Totals $3628 per day :o. Have I mentioned how much I love my insurance company?

Lucky Irish Tom

Around here the principal would probably write the kid a referral to a medical school for studying Anatomy while working on whatever Stu was teaching. They are more focused on how many kids will pass the test so they can keep getting the government money.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

litl rooster

Had a Avalanche in Missoula this afternoon it has hit a house, other than that it is unknown what the extended
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com