Author Topic: February ...O Dark Thirty Coffee is up  (Read 103012 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: February ...O Dark Thirty Coffee is up
« Reply #360 on: February 23, 2014, 11:58:24 AM »
I slept in this morning. Moose took Victoria to the park and they just got back. Victoria will sleep the rest of the afternoon. Moose is doing lesson plans for next week. We will have some Brunch when she gets done.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #361 on: February 23, 2014, 12:40:01 PM »
Think we'll skip lunch & have an early supper. The wife was in a baking mood & made some cookies. Would have prefered warm bread & butter but she doesn't do bread. Got chicken fried steaks planned for supper. Prob'ly do some biscuits with em.

Had a long soak in a hot bath. Better day for that than for trap & skeet shooting.  The next shoot is sporting clays at Kearney. Haven't decided if I'll attend - the range is on a windy hill with no shelter & the club is a bunch of yuppies.  Don't know how they made it onto the Ironman league schedule.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #362 on: February 23, 2014, 12:42:48 PM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Sloppy Joes fer lunch.

'Tis 10, sunny, and windy. WC -6. High of 19.

Slim

Put a bunch of jalapenos in them and make it Sloppy Jose's. ;D

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

« Reply #363 on: Today at 01:25:30 PM »

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #363 on: February 23, 2014, 01:33:32 PM »
TK, went to a gunshow here, too, Nothing there I couldn't get by without. .Lots of nice original Winchesters with high price tags, seen most of them over and over at previous shows. Not a lot of milsurp stuff anymore. No money in the budget right now for pistols...

Guy had a set of Pachmayr grips for an N-frame Smith on his table. Well, I happen to have a Mod 57 that BITES, hard to hold on to with the S&W Magna grips, but this pair on the table had a small torn place in the rubber. No problem, he has another set under the table, so I took them home....should have looked closer, the second grips were for a K-frame. Fit right on my K-22(should tame that fierce rimfire recoil).

TK, some of the members here would be interested in the itty bitty Rolling Block, Chev William, ndnchf, and Dusty Texian got a real long thread going about little 32 single shots.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #364 on: February 23, 2014, 02:08:07 PM »
Got laundry going and the race (?) on.  ::)

We had city chicken last night with smashed taters and brussel sprouts. Probably be a catch as catch can night tonight ::)

Snow has missed us so far, temp is 40 at the moment ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #365 on: February 23, 2014, 02:35:16 PM »
We just finished Brunch and the pot roast is doing nicely as well. The veggies will go in later this afternoon. I am guessing that the race is on a rain hold. I just cannot get interested in it.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 128
« Reply #366 on: February 23, 2014, 03:07:15 PM »
Afternoon Y'all, went to the 1st CAS shoot of the year.Man am I rusty, had 4 misses and a "P" for 6 stages and my times were way slow.Hopefully the warm weather will lower my times.Have to dump the brass into the vibrator and relax after that.Y'all have a good one.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #367 on: February 23, 2014, 04:12:58 PM »
Major, I am sure that you would have liked better results today.

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #368 on: February 23, 2014, 05:07:08 PM »
Just got the call - no school tomorrow. Just spent two days in the house, didn't want another.  :P

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #369 on: February 24, 2014, 01:51:07 AM »
The snow just keeps coming up there. We are being spoiled around here by the mild weather. I know that we will have more cold weather in March.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #370 on: February 24, 2014, 05:29:38 AM »
The Cawffee and Hot water are ready for drinking this morning. Enjoy!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #371 on: February 24, 2014, 05:44:54 AM »
It is a balmy 43 outside. The weather folks are predicting that we will get rain today and tomorrow and the rest of the week. We do need the rain. The Cawffee is good this morning and I made plenty for everyone.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #372 on: February 24, 2014, 05:55:45 AM »
Thanks for the coffee,TLD ;)

21,WC 8 here. Just starting to get light out ::)

Had musgoes last night. Did get to see the end of the race,wife put it on after the close in Sochi ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #373 on: February 24, 2014, 07:10:52 AM »
Had a Johnboat of snow last night.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #374 on: February 24, 2014, 07:20:31 AM »
Mornin'.

No snow, maybe Wednesday. Forty sumthin'. Fifty sumthin' later.

Recorded the thing. Was goin' on past my bed time.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #375 on: February 24, 2014, 07:35:21 AM »
Mornin'. Still in bed. Don't know if there's any more snow, already had about a cabin cruiser before I went to bed. 

Didn't see anybody drivin' fast & turnin' left - watched zombies instead. Not sure how I will waste today. Right now I think I'll get up & have some coffee.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #376 on: February 24, 2014, 07:44:59 AM »
19° had a Whaler full of snow last night...need to get dress and go pull drain plug on it.

Tired of the gray skies- Bout ready to shoot the refridgerator

Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #377 on: February 24, 2014, 07:47:08 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Tex.

'Tis 0 and sunny. WC -10. High of 18.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #378 on: February 24, 2014, 08:38:37 AM »
We had a little joh-boat of it.  Wife is sick, I'm here till about 10:30 but she's stay out from underfoot.  Beaten and coated pork loin ready to be fried for supper.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #379 on: February 24, 2014, 11:19:04 AM »
the fried pork loin sounds goods
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com