Prices now ...

Started by North Bender, January 02, 2014, 01:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

North Bender

Hello all,

Been a while since I posted but I try and keep up with the reading.

I just checked USFA on Gunbroker.  Rodeos are now going for upwards of $1,000??  Example:

USFA Rodeo .45LC 5.5" barrel Unfired Like New:   $1,175.00

That could buy you a new Colt SAA a couple years ago.

Pettifogger

Asking price and selling price are two different things.  I am surprised what some of these guns have actually sold for.  I put two Rodeos out on the table at a large cowboy swap meet a couple of months ago for $500.00 each and didn't get a single offer.  Both were in the original box with all paperwork.  They have been shot but were in great shape.

Buckaroo Lou

Not everyone is yet aware that USFA is no longer producing single actions and surprisingly some folks have never heard of them. I also believe price is determined by whether or not the firearm is made up of USA or Italian parts; although, not everyone is aware that they were, and even though the Blue book doesn't currently make a distinction. I think probably later editions of the Blue Book will make a distinction. At least for me, I would be willing to pay more for one composed of all USA parts over one composed of Italian parts even though I believe they were at the time of better quality than the Uberti guns. I have owned two USFA guns that were composed of Italian parts and they were excellent firearms but they just didn't quite have the feel of the USA ones that I have. Whether or not that is a fact or just something in my head someone of expertise would have to verify. I just know I prefer the feel, and quality of the USA guns. I have an old Uberti Cattleman I have had for years that will shoot with the best of them. 
A man's true measure is found not in what he says but in what he does.

MikeChandler

How can you tell if your gun is Italian made or us made?

GaryG

Mike the easiest way is by the serial number.
1. The Uberti hammer was cast and the knurling was part of the casting.  A USFA hammer was made from 4440steel with hand cut knurling.
2. The flutes are different in a Uberti cylinder but you really have to see both side by side to see the difference.
3. Ditto with the front sight but again you have to see them side by side. 

MikeChandler

Serial S7xx.

Does that help?

Buckaroo Lou

Mike,

All Rodeo II's are made of USA parts. It is the earlier matt black original Rodeo that may have been made of Italian parts. At least I believe that is correct.
A man's true measure is found not in what he says but in what he does.

GaryG

Mike,
S7xx is an US gun.
Gary

GaryG

In the early days, frames were shipped with serial numbers stamped by Uberti and they had the "P" prefix.  Barrels were stamped on the underside with "A Uberti" and hammers had the hammer block safety.  As time went on, frames were delivered without the serial numbers and USFA stamped there own numbers.  A 20xxx and a 21xxx will be a Uberti parts gun.  Barrels were delivered without the "A Uberti" and hammers without the hammerblock safety.  Also,  Uberti hammers were cast and the knurling is quite pronounced on the Uberti hammers. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com