January Coffee,Tea and a fresh start for a new Year

Started by Delmonico, December 31, 2013, 10:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delmonico

Best pizza we ever had here was owned by an old Chinese refuge that had pizza and Chinese food, Hong Kong Pizza King, when it went out they tossed up another chain burger place, some place called Wendy's.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Delmonico

Most the time anymore we get it at a place called Delmonico's.  Seems to always come out the way we like it and the kids get a kids size and they get to put the stuff they want on.  Delivery service can be done, Tex had some of it in 2008 I had delivered to Ft. Hartsuff.   ;D

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Stu Kettle

Major 2

My wife does a pretty good one her own-self, it's loaded like Stu's.  I rather have one of hers than all the franchise versions.
But if I have to choose one the Chains , I suppose it's Papa Johns.
when planets align...do the deal !

Blair

I am kind of partial to the type of pizza that has as much on it as you can get.
I always called these a "garbage gut" style pizza!
Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Delmonico

Quote from: Major 2 on January 15, 2014, 05:23:26 PM
My wife does a pretty good one her own-self it's loaded like Stu's, 

Oh mine has plenty on it, but most of all, cheese, can never have too much cheese on it, but it hides the other stuff. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico

We do them most often on Sat or Sun, often when the kids are here.  Got Rita taught to make the crust up the way I want it, we had a rough start the first time we did it that way, I told her on the phone what to do to mix it.  She called back and told me that wasn't what the cook book said for the dough I wanted.  I told her to throw the damned cookbook out in the street and I'd run it over with The General when I got home and to do what I said. 

Then she looked at another one of those dang cook books before I got home and told me when it was ready to bake the oven was too hot.

Anyway we placed our bets, got chairs and turned on the oven light and watched it bake, it came out fine.   ;D

(The first book was Grandma's 1955 Betty and had French Bread, but not pizza, dang good thing she didn't listen and toss it in the street.) :o  That's the only cook book I use and I only use it to help me get recipes written for folks.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Four-Eyed Buck

Cheese???/ Slim would be right proud of you, Del. I like lots of cheese, too. Like a bunch of toppings on mine, too. ;)

Arcey, Seems like Va is being awful rough on Naval Aviators lately. FA-18 went in the drink about 45 miles off shore about 2:30 or so :( :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Arcey

Wish it weren't so, Buck.

We're hearin' the pilot bailed 'n a commercial fishin' boat got him out of the water. The Navy got a helicopter to 'em 'n flew him to Norfolk General. They have a heliport and a level one trauma center. Hope he don't need it.

Hurts. Ya might know we, as in all of us, lost three in a helicopter (Sea Dragon) crash last week. That one was about twenty miles off shore.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Texas Lawdog

Yep, Naval Aviation is taking it on the chin these days. I bet that water was cold when that Hornet driver landed in the water. I am glad that the fishing boat was nearby.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Texas Lawdog

The Cawffee and hot water is ready for drinking this morning. ENJOY! The weather is nice. The temp is a balmy 36 right now. I finally got a good night's sleep for a change. The Moose fixed a Cheese omelet for supper last night.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Tex.

'Tis 21 and flurries. "Not as cold. Snow showers likely. Considerable blowing and drifting snow. Snow accumulation around 1 inch. Highs in the lower 30s. Temperatures falling into the lower 20s in the afternoon. West wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Texas Lawdog

Good luck with the snow, Slim. I had some oatmeal and toast for breakfast this morning. The Cawffee is good.

Four-Eyed Buck

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Delmonico

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Arcey

Mornin'.

Overcast, 39°, wind's blowin' 'n it might rain. Ain't gonna get much different.

Debatin' breakfast. Kinda leanin' towards a grits pizza.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

litl rooster

Moon just setting over the Bitterroot range., 27° had the first cup need to get motivated.

Ya'll have a good day
Mathew 5.9

Major 2

45°F & Sunny  we'll see 34°F tonight

Today's is our Wedding Anniversary....Maybe a Nice Dinner out 
when planets align...do the deal !

The Trinity Kid

"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Texas Lawdog

Congrats Roger! The temp is supposed to be in the 60s today. Lunch is planned for later.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com