Author Topic: January Coffee,Tea and a fresh start for a new Year  (Read 124039 times)

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 128
Re: January Coffee,Tea and a fresh start for a new Year
« Reply #420 on: January 27, 2014, 08:42:52 AM »
Arcey, Don't know if I would buy anything there,They had a S&W Model 19 -5 listed at their other store for over $600,Mighty proud of that one.Last one I bought or sold went for $200.Wish I could find one at that price now.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #421 on: January 27, 2014, 09:21:11 AM »
Growin’ trend. Place I went to Tuesday last hadda heavy barrel Model 10 for $499.00. The 5” pencil I wanted to adopt was $449.00. Both real nice. Thinkin’ as things continue we’re gonna see more of that, Maj.

Paid $140.00 for my 64 ’91 er ‘92. Was 'n is a l'il nicked up from uniform carry. Trade value. NIB when it was issued to me. Use it for OFSDAR stuff these days.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • SASS #: 87747
  • GAF #: 502
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #422 on: January 27, 2014, 09:56:42 AM »
Morning
Just back from Cardiac Rehab . Good to go for a few more days  ;D
Weather is going  to plus 9 C then dropping to minus 15 C tonight . Good day for LOTS of coffee. Going to continue my 15 year rearrangement of my reloading room  ;)
Best to all

dutchy

"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
Bvt.Major  Chaplain  GAF  502 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Advertising

« Reply #423 on: Today at 02:57:50 PM »

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #423 on: January 27, 2014, 11:32:17 AM »
Don't like toll roads,Arcey. Had my fill of them just going through Chicago once or twice. At that they were in terrible shape. ::) :o

At 11 with a WC of -2 at the moment. Sun's out though ::)

Took SIL to the VA clinic this morning for her wound care. In for the day now, roads weren't real peachy :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #424 on: January 27, 2014, 11:42:39 AM »
Got a hair-cut this morning, haven't done anything else, yet.    Got a college class this evening, have to walk.   :-\   It's only two miles, one way. 

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #425 on: January 27, 2014, 12:40:43 PM »
Del,I had to take the wife this morning,too. We were just a little waysfrom home when they calledschool off due to the temps ::)

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #426 on: January 27, 2014, 01:15:36 PM »
Hey,Del! A bit of UP news, they got the 4014 Big Boy onto the main rails yesterday and moved it to the Colton-Colvina yard. Just watched a video on you tube of them moving it to the yard. Now all they've got to do is move it east for the restoration ;)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #427 on: January 27, 2014, 01:58:49 PM »
It is cold outside. I went to a local pawn shop and bought a Taurus 1911. I got to walk out with it the same day because of my CCW permit. It looks almost new, it came with a hard case, 2 mags, and cleaning tools. A man cannot have too many 1911s. I got some breakfast afterwards, so I did not eat lunch. More pot roast for supper tonight.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #428 on: January 27, 2014, 03:36:56 PM »
Congrats on the new 1911, TLD.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #429 on: January 27, 2014, 03:49:57 PM »
damn ain't had a haircut.......it's been so long can't even remember last time ;D

up to 37° had to wear socks on the morning perimeter rounds
Mathew 5.9

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 128
« Reply #430 on: January 27, 2014, 08:48:19 PM »
Whats this "Haircut" thing of which you speak?
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #431 on: January 27, 2014, 11:04:24 PM »
Major, Some of us have to have hair in order to need a haircut. I am one of those that is follically  challenged. We had more pot roast for supper. I think we have enough left for another meal.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #432 on: January 28, 2014, 04:57:58 AM »

Had one a couple years ago, Maj. Ya really don’t wanna know what they do ta ya but it’s similar ta castration.

Mornin’, y’all.

26°. Snow, mainly after 2pm. High near 26°. Blustery, with a north wind 15 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible. Tanight; Snow. Low around 20°. North wind 16 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

A barbaric hour ta be awake ‘n dressed but not headed for a shoot. Gotta go out ‘n stick the battery charger on Jeff’s Civic. His mama ain’t been takin’ it out ‘n runnin’ it, just let it sit. She wants ta take it ta an inspection station ‘fore he gets back inna couple weeks. It won’t crank o’er. Think she’s gotta be it werk 0730………
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #433 on: January 28, 2014, 06:33:55 AM »
Done. She's on 'er way.

I shoulda worn gloves.................

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #434 on: January 28, 2014, 06:37:48 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Congrats, Tex. You'll enjoy it. I like mine.

'Tis -17, dark and windy. WC -36. "Cold. Mostly sunny. Highs zero to 5 below. West wind 10 to 20 mph. Wind chills to 50 below zero."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #435 on: January 28, 2014, 08:15:41 AM »

the lack of one  ;D

we are a wee bit warmer than most places at 8°
Mathew 5.9

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #436 on: January 28, 2014, 11:55:17 AM »
-2 here,WC -15 :o :-\  Sun's out for what good it's doing ::)

Arcey, them gloves are sorta important when it gets cold. Arther'll catch up with ya if'n ya don't use'em. He's giving me fits as cold as it's been here ::) ;)

Went out and put the last of the bird food on hand into the feeders. As cold as it's been, they've been little piggies. Had deer out here over night Sunday. Found tracks by the feeder in the tree in the corner of the north yard this morning ::)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #437 on: January 28, 2014, 12:19:02 PM »
It is 29 outside and that is cold for us, the warm up starts tomorrow. I crashed on the patio yesterday and my right knee and hip are really sore. I slept in this morning. I fixed me some oatmeal and toast, and lots of hot Cawffee.

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #438 on: January 28, 2014, 12:23:19 PM »
I usually keep my hair shorn short, but it's at the point now that it needs cut or combed. I'm thinking about letting I grow. It's grey enough now I think I could pull of the "Gandalf look

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #439 on: January 28, 2014, 03:01:07 PM »
Pointy hat and staff, too? ::) ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com