Author Topic: January Coffee,Tea and a fresh start for a new Year  (Read 124036 times)

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: January Coffee,Tea and a fresh start for a new Year
« Reply #220 on: January 14, 2014, 02:54:17 PM »
We now have a Pilot the next exit north of me here. Subway in there also ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #221 on: January 14, 2014, 03:38:00 PM »
Major 2,

I have seen the WaWa or what ever its called.
I never stop when I am on the road... unless I gata pee!
And there is "no" waiting for that!!! About 50 miles per pee is the best I can get anymore. (I wish my gas mileage were as good as that)
Ain't getting old a bitch! ;)

(I have got to get a Pilot relief tube installed in my Van!)
Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #222 on: January 14, 2014, 04:11:02 PM »
Heh, heh, heh……

Just looked it the recordin’ of Top Shot from last evenin'.

The Elimination Range was right neat. They had this hinged thing with a TV camera on it ‘n a l’il TV screen ta aim it with. It shoots around corners. Fires an attached G 18. The one in the show had a 33 round magazine hangin’ out it.

They pointed out the felt recoil was l’il different. I guess it is - sideways. What they didn’t say is an 18, if it was an 18, will go full auto. In that mode I’ll bet the thing is a handful ta hang onto when ya pull the trigger. Ain’t thinkin’ I’d wanna play with it.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #223 on: Today at 02:29:21 PM »

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #223 on: January 14, 2014, 05:19:01 PM »
Caseys are everywhere here, not always the biggest c-store around, but there's a lot of them. Most don't carry 91 octane, though, except one built fairly recently. 91 is the only way to get non alcohol gas in MO, so for my bike I go somewhere else. There used to be a 7-11 in the lake area, but I think someone else owns it now. Don't know of any others around.

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #224 on: January 14, 2014, 05:43:33 PM »
There are a couple Casey's in North Platte. There's also a couple Kwik Stops - & one in Ogallala & one in Grant. In Grant we also have a local owned non-affiliated convenience store called In & Out - they have Conoco gas & the best pizza within a hundred miles.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #225 on: January 14, 2014, 08:33:31 PM »
& the best pizza within a hundred miles.

And the only pizza in 100 miles?   ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #226 on: January 14, 2014, 09:14:47 PM »
Geez, want a pizza and it entails a 100 mile road trip? :o ::) :D

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #227 on: January 15, 2014, 02:32:18 AM »
Domino's delivers ...course their pizza is not very good IMHO

yeah... it's 3:30 AM and I'm up  ::)  might as well get the coffee on....enjoy ,  biscuits and gravy sounds good to me right now !

sposta get to 30 tonight  :o
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #228 on: January 15, 2014, 06:12:36 AM »
Mornin’, y’all.

36° ‘n foggy. Guessers say 56°.

Be a heluva good job ta have. Find the best pizza within a hunnert miles. Startin' with the independents. Prolly be sick of 'em 'fore I got ta the chains or out duh beach.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #229 on: January 15, 2014, 06:44:02 AM »
And the only pizza in 100 miles?   ;D

Not at all - there are several pizza huts, a couple godfathers, a couple valentino's, a dominos & a little ceasar's in that range, but our local gas station makes a better pizza than any of those.

If I'm not limited to 100 miles there is a bar just a little farther than that making pizzas better than any of those chain places.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #230 on: January 15, 2014, 07:52:03 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Major 2.

'Tis 10 and overcast. Got 6" of white. High of 13.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #231 on: January 15, 2014, 07:54:29 AM »
Thanks for the coffee,M2 ;)

28 and cloudy here.

We've got pizza up at the gas station on the hill by the x-pressway that isn't too bad. But, you've got to be able to get'em to make it. Doesn't always happen. Otherwise, there's a local franchise, Pizza Oven not too far away that does a good job. The National chains are here as well, but their's aren't as good as the local ::)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #232 on: January 15, 2014, 08:25:51 AM »
I slept in this morning. Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. I had some raisin bran for breakfast. The temp is about 36, with a high of about 60.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #233 on: January 15, 2014, 09:50:29 AM »
Heh, heh, heh……

Just looked it the recordin’ of Top Shot from last evenin'.

The Elimination Range was right neat. They had this hinged thing with a TV camera on it ‘n a l’il TV screen ta aim it with. It shoots around corners. Fires an attached G 18. The one in the show had a 33 round magazine hangin’ out it.They pointed out the felt recoil was l’il different. I guess it is - sideways. What they didn’t say is an 18, if it was an 18, will go full auto. In that mode I’ll bet the thing is a handful ta hang onto when ya pull the trigger. Ain’t thinkin’ I’d wanna play with it.

Didn't know a new season started- I had seen that set up with the cam and monitor on another show. I believe  an Israeli firm had dessigned it for their elete forces. I'd like to play with it.

Good morning Pards. another beautiful sunrises over the Sapphire Mountains this morning. Ya'll have a good day.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #234 on: January 15, 2014, 12:26:13 PM »
Thanks Roo! I slept in today and I really enjoyed it. Victoria is enjoying some added sleep as well.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #235 on: January 15, 2014, 12:43:13 PM »
If we are talking Pizza,  I suppose Orlando has every Franchise  :-\
Pizza Hut, UNO, Papa Johns, CiCi's , Hungry Howie's, Dominos, Godfathers, Little Caesars etc etc...and a Bizzian local-ria's

there is one here... Al's Pizza  that is BY FAR the best local guy/pizza-ria , they taped a Man Vs. Food thing there ....
Even the New Yorkers rave about it.

I have not tried it, but I will sometime.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #236 on: January 15, 2014, 12:46:48 PM »
Another college class this evening... :-\  cloudy and chilly here with a bit of drizzle.  bleh.

We have okay pizza, at a Marino's and Johnny's Pizza.  Other than those two, ya' got Round Table or take and bake from the supermarket.  My personal favorite comes from the city, though.  Redding Ultimate Pizza.  Best in the northstate.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #237 on: January 15, 2014, 01:46:28 PM »

Didn't know a new season started- I had seen that set up with the cam and monitor on another show. I believe  an Israeli firm had dessigned it for their elete forces. I'd like to play with it.

Tell ya what, shoot it at your range full auto. I’ll watch ya from here.

Top Shot’s a rerun of the third season but it’s new to me. The Military History Channel’s runnin’ it on Mondays at 2100 my time.

The shootin’s fun but I’d suggest recordin’ it. The competitors’ interaction off the range is kinda predictable ‘n borin’. Best to fast forward thru.

Some interestin’ firearms. The Elimination range is the best part. Sometimes rare stuff, sometimes fun targets ‘n shootin’ problems (the cannon ball thing). Sometimes both at the same time. Most of either I’d pay good money to try out.

Back on the pizza thing, I’d hate ta have to pick one from the independents we got. Be between Tony’s, Primo ‘n Pungo. I’m gettin’ ta be a big fan of Primo.

The one up the street, where the owner blew a substantial section of a would-be robber’s head away, went outta business. His were right nice.

Then there’s a few I’ve never been to. There's one down past my dentist's office that gives discounts if ya come in armed. Need ta try that'n.

Oh well. Back ta kitchen drudgery.

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #238 on: January 15, 2014, 02:25:25 PM »
The worst pizza I ever had was in Naples, Italy.
Amazingly this is where Pizza was suppose to have originated.
It was the typical Mediterranean flat bread, with olive oil smeared in the middle (so, when baked that part would not rise) with plane old tomato sauce added on that, then baked.
Nothing else!
Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #239 on: January 15, 2014, 02:27:12 PM »
Arcey, I hope that you do not get dish pan hands with all that KP duty. We usually get either a Pizza Hut or Papa John's. We had a New York style place, but it went out of business. It was better than any of the franchise pizza places.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com