A cold walk with the 76

Started by Pitchy, December 07, 2013, 01:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pitchy

-10 today but restless so took a walk with the Chappy 76, hope ya enjoy the scenery.  :)

And a video, missed every time with the Stampede 45.

USAF 72-76
DAV member

pony express

Nice scenery Pitchy, I just got back from a walk, a bit more modern(scoped browning). 19 degrees here, only about an inch of snow. Didn't see anything, but than didn't really expect to, since my 4 year old girl was with me. I believe it is not physically possible for her to go more than 30 seconds without talking, she would just explode I think. But she enjoyed the walk in the snow, maybe planting some "outdoors seeds" at least...maybe in a few years...

The Trinity Kid

SNOW!  I'd go out with my lil' ole' 30-30, but can't get out of the driveway because of the snow plow ::)    Nice pictures, too.  Keep up that life style.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Pitchy

USAF 72-76
DAV member

Paladin Gun For Hire

Love those pics, the guns too. Not the snow though. ;D

King Medallion

Thats a beautiful place you have there, Pitchy.
King Medallion
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Gus Walker

;D  Hey Pitchy looks like your livin the life there bud.
Aye its been quite a ride aint it?

Pitchy

Thanks pards, nice place, 40 acres but the family and relatives have ruined it for us the last 20 years so sadly we are going to have to sell and move elsewhere.
It`s been a hard journey that has just about got the best of us but we will survive and start over somewhere.
USAF 72-76
DAV member

Gus Walker

:-[  Man that sucks looks like a beautiful place......Question would you be the same pitchy form the old blackpowdertimes ?

Pitchy

Quote from: Gus Walker on December 08, 2013, 09:02:58 AM
:-[  Man that sucks looks like a beautiful place......Question would you be the same pitchy form the old blackpowdertimes ?

I`m sorry I don`t understand?
USAF 72-76
DAV member

Gus Walker

;D  Sorry bout that. I was refering to a muzzleloader forum that is no longer. There was a feller went by Pitchy on there and a couple other frontstuffer foums. Pardon the mistake.

Pitchy

My misunderstanding Sir, yep that would of been me.
Clauds board for one, made the matchlock rifle remember.
USAF 72-76
DAV member

pinto beans

Mr. Pitchy,

Great pics and video!!  A walk with the 76 is therapy, there is no doubt!!!

PB

WaddWatsonEllis

Hi,

Looking at the pics made me think of a friend's wife ... she used to say that her husband didn't go hunting; he just took long walks in the woods with a rifle on his shoulder ...

I am hoping your trip had a happier ending ...

TTFN,
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Gus Walker

;D Thought that was You there Pitchy. I was there toward the end  [ hawken50]  And i rememer that matchlock well. I also recal a toboggon you made.  You have some talent there bud.

Pitchy

Thanks for the kind words pards, you have no idea how much it means.  :)
USAF 72-76
DAV member

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com