Dee-sem-brrr Coffee

Started by Delmonico, November 30, 2013, 09:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Lawdog

I have both, a Taurus and a Armsco, they function as well as my Colt 1911. I was lucky enough to carry my Govt. model 70 on duty for several years. The 45 round has good knockdown power. I always  carried mine "cocked and locked".  Room I just finished Fred Whitfield's book about his life as a PRCA calf roper, being an African-American, in a predominately White sport. I really enjoyed it. I ordered it on my Kindle.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

The Trinity Kid

Went over to grandma's today.  Not for Christmas, but to pick up old, old,  old  pictures.   Over three hundred, or so.   :o  

Put a few rounds through the 1911.  By a few, I mean 46.  Had to leave a few, "just in case."   ;)  My younger brother was the only one in the family who didn't shoot it.  He took the Remington NMA and Colt Navy fine, but the 1911 scared him.... Sister did well.  Put it in her hands, she pulled the trigger the first time, and looked around at us with a huge smile.  fiver rounds and a small amount of fresh applesauce later, I decided that I don't need to worry about my teenage sister being home alone anymore.   :P

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Stu Kettle

One question Kid, when she turned around to smile at you, did she keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction?

Texas Lawdog

The Cawffee and Hot water are ready to drink this morning. Enjoy!  It got down to the middle 30s last night. It appears that we survived the Winter Solstice last night, I slept right through it. I have not been able to sleep in bed, so the recliner in the den is my temporary bed.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Major 2

Sorry your back is still out,  Jim  :)  been there... hope it subsides soon.

Thanks for the coffee though

Yeah , still here one year later ... dooms day Mayans not with standing.
when planets align...do the deal !

Arcey

Mornin'.

'Nother outside day 'n me with stuff ta do inside. Got ta formulate an escape plan.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

litl rooster

Quote from: Arcey on December 22, 2013, 07:38:53 AM
Mornin'.

'Nother outside day 'n me with stuff ta do inside. Got ta formulate an escape plan.

No rain or storms?

All of you in the East have endured the storms. I understand Tornado have left damage and it hasn't been pretty.

Thanks for the coffee

Mathew 5.9

Delmonico

17 here and a little snow on the ground, 2 more days then off for 2, was not a real bad day yesterday, sales were good and most the customers also. 

Got a nice Christmas card from a 90 some year old man thankin' me for fixin' his Stetson, they had to move him to a ast care center and his hat got messed up.  SIL brought in in a couple weeks ago and picked it up last week.  The old man wanted to look good for Christmas and told his SIL where to take it. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Tex.

'Tis 20 and sn*wing. 2" so far. "Periods of snow. Snow accumulation of 3 to 4 inches. Highs in the middle 20s. North wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

The Trinity Kid

Good morning all, and thanks for the coffee.  Can't see across the road this morning because of the fog....
Stu, she kept it down range.......  :D :P

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Stu Kettle

Good for her. Then I won't worry about her either.

mestiza letty

Howdy gang,

Gettin' thru tanite & this elf is home free !! Got 13,000 pkgs. out a nite for the last 3 days. Last chance for Christmas orders.

Shop closed for Christmas Eve & Christmas Day, day after Christmas a 12 hr. shift, folks intent on spendin' those gift cards.

Everyone in my clan is gettin' a gift card from me, tired of wrappin' boxes & they are still at the store. Will fix that manana.

Stu, prayers are up for you to continue healin' but sorry you spend it in the horsepital.

Off to the water locker to get ready for the day, need 'ta gas up the sleigh on the way in.

Merry Christmas to all you boys, may your holiday be filled with fun ! Peace out  ;)

Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

Arcey

The same backatcha, Miz Letty.

Been rainin' up in the carpetbagger occupied north, Roo. Supposed ta get here sometime tomorrow 'n bring the temps down by the afternoon. Ain't a bad thing, this is a l'il warmer'n I like it.

Got the stuff done. Was still kinda stiff from yestitty. Feel like I've been run o'er by a truck. Gonna gobble down some hot dogs 'n call it quits. Tomorrow starts a long week.

Saw this 'n thought 'bout Stu gettin' drawn down on. Another creative way of gettin' killed while out huntin'.

By Patrick Wilson
The Virginian-Pilot
© December 22, 2013

ISLE OF WIGHT COUNTY

A hunter from Norfolk was found dead Friday night after he apparently fell while climbing from a tree stand, according to the Department of Game andInland Fisheries.

A man, 61, was hunting off Dews Plantation Road west of Smithfield. After he didn't return home, his family called the property owner, who found Beatty hanging upside down from his safety harness about 30 feet off the ground. Tree stands typically aren't that high.

Lee Walker, a spokesman for the Game Department, said it appeared that Beatty may have been climbing down from the stand when his ladder broke. A medical examiner will determine the cause of death.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Delmonico

There is a reason i don't hunt deer in trees, sides that I've never seen a deer in a tree.

One more day for me, store is open Christmas Eve, but I'm off, folks are getting desperate, wanted to tell a couple of them today I'd take Ex-Lax tonight and they could come back tomorrow and I'd s*** it out for them.   ::)  Don't know why, most of those today wanted straw hats, got some, limited sizes and selection, ain't done a fill in on them since about Aug.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

litl rooster

I feel for the Hunter and my respects to the family.

Talking with a friend in Alabama last night they were getting nailed with the passing storm

To all of you retail workers thanks for keeping the season merrier...I think ::)
Mathew 5.9

Delmonico

Oh we have our fun laughing at people when they are gone.  The way they get so up-set when you don't have what they want, if it is something really needed, yeah I feel bad for them, but most the time there are plenty of other things to get someone. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Stu Kettle

Nursing crew just woke me up to drug me & check me over.  Doc told me his morning I might go home tomorrow or the next day - might not ::)

Arcey, fallin' out of trees is the number one cause of death & injuries while hunting.  People know that & still climb trees without a safety harness. I know I have, but I was younger & dumber then.

Del, do they want the straw hat because it's cheaper?

Texas Lawdog

There expensive straw hats for over a hundred busk and more. Usually after Labor Day, the wearing of straw hats is discontinued and taken up again after Memorial Day. I put on a small pot for those up at this hour, Enjoy! I have some fresh banana-nut bread to go with the Cawffee.

Texas Lawdog

I just put on the big pot of Cawffee  and hot water!  I spent another night in the recliner. Moose is off for Christmas break. Victoria is taking advantage of the fact that I can't lay in the bed. she sleeps on my side when I am not at home.

Arcey

Mornin'.

Day one..........

Still warm. Shower moved thru a bit ago. Supposed ta do it all day 'n cool down this afternoon.

Good news yestitty evenin'. The range'll be available for an OFSDAR party on the 29th.

The pilot (lower case intended) is more'n a l'il left. Think they delight in reportin' shootin's durin' huntin' season. T'was unusual ta see 'em report a huntin' fatality with an unshot victim. First one I remember.

In better times, Earnhardt 'n Childress were huntin' somethin' somewhere. Climbin' the side of a mountain. Earnhardt slipped 'n fell, hit Childress on the way down 'n took 'im to the bottom with 'im. T'was reported they bent a rifle but no major injuries.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com