Dee-sem-brrr Coffee

Started by Delmonico, November 30, 2013, 09:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delmonico

Used to work with a guy liked to try and beat the trains, only failed once,,,,,,,,,,

Litl brother would have taken that can a while back, ended up with Power Pistol, had to go to the computer while he was in the store, kid sellin' it knew nothin', he knew enough to call me.  Have used a lot of Unique, maybe not the best for everything I do, but it will do a lot of what I do out of the same can.  12-28 gauge, and most any pistol round I care to shoot today, good if you keep the types down to just a few. 

May switch to Litl Gun when I get a chance to load and shoot more this next year if I can find it.  Will do what I want they say for the 28, the Hornet and the 32 mag, using 4 for the trio and that's the ones I shoot the most.   HS7 they don't make anymore for bird loads, H110 for the heavy 32's, AA1680 for the Hornet and Unique for the target 28 and the plinking 32's. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Arcey

Said often if I could only have one that'd be it. Guess that's why they named it Unique........

Thin's things have been I'm happy ta have it.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Stu Kettle

I bought a can of Unique because I couldn't find a Red Dot load for 20 gauge.  Since then I've found one but haven't tried it yet. I do like the Unique for .357.

Texas Lawdog

That Crown Vic did not do well against the Train. The driver of the car was stupid to try and get across before the Train.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

mestiza letty

Howdy y'all,

'Twas 9 when I got in this mornin' here too. Balmy 32 with a rotten smoke haze, no noticeable breeze to rid the valley. Red burn code on for the 4th or 5th day now.

Walked my feet off last nite, otherwise a tolerable evenin'.

'Roo got a friend in Darby & 'nother from here in Reno with a 2nd place they use for huntin'. Great place up there as well for meat, tho the family named business escaped my memory... suffered a fire 'bout 10 yrs. back & they re-build an' good as ever. Jerky was right tasty.
Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

litl rooster

;D Mizz Letty I met my wife in Darby
Mathew 5.9

Delmonico

Quote from: Stu Kettle on December 12, 2013, 02:06:07 PM
I bought a can of Unique because I couldn't find a Red Dot load for 20 gauge.  Since then I've found one but haven't tried it yet. I do like the Unique for .357.

Red Dot is too fast for the 20, the fastest "Dot" that works is Green and it's almost too fast.  Can't go wrong in most cases with Unique and shotguns between 12 and 28.  Can do about everything you need to do with light to standard loads.  The old DuPont/IMR 7625 can do some good work, never tried it in a pistol except the 32, but there is data.   But for standard loads, that 32 has never been particular, seems to like any powder with data.  I got two sealed cans of Green Dot given to me a while back, never burned that one in it, but I bet it will be fine and will never notice any differance.  I think Slim has found about the same thing with his and standard loads.  I use H110 right now for the Ruger only ones.  Stll like it for what I need in a carry around the farm and such pistol, a 124 FNGC at 1250 fps will do anything I need to do around here and it coming out of a nice 5 1/2" Single-Six just makes it handy to carry.

BTW the 327 S&W that's kinda new is just a little longer case and pretty much our Ruger only 32 mag loads.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

pony express

Mornin' all, got the fire built up and water hot, about time to head off to the post office and deliver all those boxes Letty is sending out.....

Delmonico

I'm up, on first cup, 7F here, Omaha about 50 miles north east is 23. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Arcey

Moanin'.

'Bout thirty 'n goin' up. Breeze 'bout ten.

Gonna find sumthin' ta do. An idle mind is the devil's reloadin' bench.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

'Tis 14 and overcast. Feels like 7. "Cloudy. A slight chance of light snow in the afternoon. Highs around 20. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 20 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Delmonico

I hope Arcey stays out of trouble today.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The Trinity Kid

Morn' Y'all. Thanks for the coffee.  Putting the finishing touches on my final papers of the year for school, and decided to take a break.  There is so much to do on one of these suckers..... :-\
Weather is cloudy and in  the high 20s.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Arcey

Quote from: Delmonico on December 13, 2013, 08:49:11 AM
I hope Arcey stays out of trouble today.

Went out 'n raced trains ta the crossin's. Ain't as much fun as jumpin' ships when the draw bridges go up.

Ennyways.....

Found a decent hunka ham 'n got some beans. Have all the parts to assemble Beef Vegetable Soup. Guessers sayin' it's gonna be l'il warmer but wet the next couple days. Them two'll go good for the evenin' meals.

Delmonico

Have a friend, retired, used to be a BNSF cop, he came into the gunshop one day, told us about one like that, no one got hurt, guy was racin' the train, almost made it, got caught on the rear bumper and spun around on the other side, hit a car over there.  Well the guy that had stopped wern't sober so he went to jail.  Odd, but amusing in a weird way.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico

Had another one about 5 years ago, paved county road south of Lincoln, left a sewer-side note at his house, got his little Honda or what ever up to they think about 90 and dove under a coal car at the crossing.  Came out decapitated,( both him and the car) and scared the poop out of the guy waitin' on the ohter side.  He stayed in his lane a couple 100 more yards before he went off in the ditch.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

mestiza letty

Howdy y'all,

Thinkin' today might be an Espresso bean day, as I found it very difficult to stay awake the last hour of my shift this am. Stood near the door greetin' folks for "shift change" after that & it seemed to help wake up. Temp was 15.

Lots of new folks hired in the last few days tryin' to get the hang of  this "shippin' on steroids" for the last 10 days of Christmas.

Random draw for "safety saves" won me a $50 gift card to any Darden restaurant last nite as well. Santa will deposit that in a stockin' to mom most likely.
PE, I'll bet you are gettin' a share of these packages !

'Roo world just got smaller by the minute  ;)
Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

litl rooster

Yes indeed.

Out and busy today. I was able to score a brick of .22 ammo and made it worth getting out.....

Temps up to 41° noon today. Little cooler up around Missoula. I hear there is a Meteor shower show predawn in the morning I've been up that early but I haven't been going outdoors that early. We do have indoor plumbiing here.

Del...I hate to say it, I don't think there is any way to keep Arcey out of trouble when he is by hisownself.
Mathew 5.9

Texas Lawdog

I got out early and drove to Fort Worth to meet a friend. Don was a Senior when I was a Freshman. Don wrote a book about growing in the Texas Panhandle. Don portrayed himself as a Texas State trooper in "Two.Lane Blacktop". He was later elected Sheriff of Lincoln Co. New Mexico. He got meet Robert Duvall when they were filming "Lonesome Dove".
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Major E A Sterner

gunna have to batten down the hatches ,supposed to get a Nor'Easter >:( >:(  startin Sat. afternoon, guesstimates are from 4- 12 inches depending on how it tracks.Going to fire up the S**w Blower just to make sure it's ready...after action reports to follow.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com