Dee-sem-brrr Coffee

Started by Delmonico, November 30, 2013, 09:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Major 2

Quote from: litl rooster on December 11, 2013, 12:03:50 PM

There no additional vacancy's in these parts

Nephew's school had frozen pipes, which led to electrical problems. so he and I went up to check out the local range.  I went ahead and got a family membership. Bargined price at $60 a year.

The three hundred yard range. Is there enough backstop?

300 yard rifle and additional 100 yard range- two pistol and one action pistol range.

No worries, he's to stupid it appears to find Montana
when planets align...do the deal !

litl rooster

Quote from: Delmonico on December 11, 2013, 12:30:32 PM
Hoo boy, I think, not sure, but think it is real close to where Great Grandpa had his farm,  Been 50 years, but that sure looks right, is that just west of Hamilton? 

Yes west and just a inch north
Mathew 5.9

litl rooster

Quote from: Arcey on December 11, 2013, 12:41:10 PM
Warmer here than the guessers guessed. Real nice in the sun.
Nice range, Roo. Could write me some challengin' long range pistol shots for the OFSDAR get tagethers on that'n.

You and Hickok45

Might need to get the offical OFSDAR rule book and start getting it organized here.
Mathew 5.9

Delmonico

Quote from: litl rooster on December 11, 2013, 02:31:32 PM
Yes west and just a inch north

I need to go over and see if I can dig through Mom's Pictures, I think you are very close, sure looks familiar.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Delmonico

Litl Roo, I'm about 90% sure that Great Grandpa's farm is now the rifle range, looked at it on the Sat picture, to the east a bit there appears to be the remains of the irradiation ditch I fished for trout in while mom watched me from the kitchen windo, came off the creek north. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

mestiza letty

Howdy gang,

Got my rest for 'nother 60 hr. week. Caught a couple nights of the NFR performances, got the rest scheduled for tape.

Gettin' our little place ready for Christmas decorations. Been cold like every where but a warmin' trend on the horizon.

Had a Nevada family get stuck in the snow for 2 days with 4 little kids. They were found safe & the guy had good survival skills. Was reported that he was seen burnin' donuts in the snow earlier & that's why he flipped it.. Area is close to O J's "big house, 'bout 100 mi. NE of me.
Keep warm & hope you a feelin' better soon Stu.
Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

litl rooster

Glad they found that family

Del here's a link to the range

http://www.whittecarrange.com/location-map.htm

I cut and paste another copy the green arrow is the rage the white one is the irragation ditch, which Ithink they still use. The red mark is the mouth of Blodgett canyon

Mathew 5.9

Texas Lawdog

The sun came out for awhile today. The temp is hovering around freezing. I built a fire in the fireplace for tonight. Moose is making Northern Bean Soup for tonight. Victoria is really enjoyed the cool weather and playing in the ice on the backyard. She cannot understand why I don't want to play outside with her.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

The Trinity Kid

Evnin' y'all.  Well, I wasted most of the day down in the city, takin' geometry tests, and goin' over chemistry stuff with the teacher.  Gave me a foot in the door for the semester test tomorrow ;)    Don't know how the weather was up here today, but in the city it was warm enough to go without a jacket, at least after 10.  Now I'm putting the finishing touches on my six-page semester research paper for English class...

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Delmonico

Roo, I've went to the topo, the regular map and the Sat image several times today, the creek to the north fits in also, I think that is Great Grandpa Foster's old farm he bought after WWII.  
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Texas Lawdog

I just had a hot cup of Cawffee to warm up. The soup is simmering in the kitchen. Victoria is being a kitchen helper, making sure that any food scraps that accidentally fall on the floor gets cleaned up. I am ready for warmer weather, I am tired of the cold stuff.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Silver Creek Slim

That might be enough backstop. Nice view.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Texas Lawdog

The Northwoods Bean Soup turned out good. We had some crusty bread to go with it. Moose baked some Banana Nut bread and some fruit cakes tonight. I know that they will be good. We should be thawed out by the weekend. I just finished off the leftover Cawffee while I watched Round 7 of the NFR. The bulldozing is almost over, and Round 7 will be over. The Cawffee and hot oatmeal will be good in the morning. I hope that everyone is warm and dry tonight.

Texas Lawdog

The Cawffee and hot water are ready for drinking this morning. I hope that you are warm and toasty this morning.

Arcey

Quote from: litl rooster on December 11, 2013, 02:35:37 PM
Might need to get the offical OFSDAR rule book and start getting it organized here.

Rule book........... Rule book? We don't need no stinkin' rule book. Make it up as ya go along.

Mornin'.

Thirty sumthin' with a breeze 'n it ain't gonna get much warmer. Yestitty was just fine. Taday, not sa much. West Point's OFSDAR party's canned. Fortified mywonself with grits 'n goin' Glockin'.

Oh, 'fore I ferget. Hickok45's got more money'n me.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Delmonico

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Tex.

'Tis 1 and overcast. Dusting overnight. High of 15.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

litl rooster

Thanks for the coffeeTex

Weather is about normal for here today

Arcey... Hickok45 has more than all of us...

Mathew 5.9

Texas Lawdog

The sun is out for a while. We still have a lot of ice on the patio. I am tired of this frozen tundra business. I had some oatmeal and toast to warm me up. The high is supposed about 45.

Arcey

Heh, heh, heh.....

A fruitful trip. Scored me ah pound of Unique. Wouldn't been my first choice but it'll werk in the self-stuffers 'n the revolvers. Santa showed up early.

Had ta rat out an ole fella (prolly not much older 'n me) what was gonna get his wife/lady friend hurt. He's coachin' 'er. She's shootin' a small auto. Looked goin' past. She's got a right hand strong, two hand grip. Left index finger was on the slide. Think that may have been her last shot. On the closed circuit thingy he was shootin' 'n she was watchin'. None my business. Felt kinda bad 'bout it but if she'd come out bleedin', 'n it's happened, I'd felt worse.

This is who I think it is I ain't surprised. Fella styles 'round the radar trap otherwise known as Waverly. Saw 'im run the light, yeah, THE light there's only one, right in front of one the constables one afternoon 'n the boy didn't move. Prolly knows sumbody. Too bad 'e didn't know the Amtrak thingy that knocked the snot outta 'im.

It's what's left of a '00 Crown Vic, ex-cop car. News sayin' he was drunk. Figgers. As the Eagle soars that's 'bout two hunnert yards from the ABC store – what's next ta the 7-11 – what's next to the cheap motel – what's next ta the dirty book/DVD store – what's next ta the 'fine dining' restaurant.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com