Dee-sem-brrr Coffee

Started by Delmonico, November 30, 2013, 09:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delmonico

Rita bought me supper at the South Street Char Grill we like so well and a big cookie thing.  I worked, could have had the day off, but didn't bother.  Told the boss she wouldn't hurt my feelings working me Christmas Eve.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

litl rooster

Quote from: Arcey on December 10, 2013, 01:28:47 PM
Fill out the fed 'n commonwealth forms. The shop calls the cops ta see if ya told the truth 'n then ya write the check 'n leave with it. Or, in the case of the last two Glocks, took 'em upstairs 'n shot 'em then left.

same here
Mathew 5.9

The Trinity Kid

Yup.....Thats California for ya'.

The waiting period is actually only ten days(gun shows exempt), but I couldn't get to the city for another three.  But it is in my hands now.  The whole family likes it, so that is good, and I got a 50rd box of 230gr FMJs for $22 and some change.

Temp stayed around 25-30 up here, though the city hit 40 ::) 

One of the girls in my chemistry class has a cold, and is also VERY adamant that 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar every hour is the cure.  She also can't stand the stuff, so we got to see her make funny faces while drinking it out of a shot glass. :D  It was rather amusing.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Texas Lawdog

Texas is very user friendly when it comes to firearm purchases. I am glad that I live here and not CA or ILL. I am watching the NFR on GAC.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Major 2

I'm up ...plumbing check , thought I'd look in  :)
I went and set-up the Coffee Timer, it be done while I get ready for work...

We are experiencing nothing like the rest of you weather-wise low-mid 80's during the day mostly and no rain....feel kinda guilty mentioning it  :-\

CC here as well, I'll need to renew it in April though....

We have an IDIOT George Zimmerman ( yeah that George Zimmerman ) doing his dead level best to screw-up the carry & stand your ground laws ...He is the poster child the Anti's want for " whats Wrong with the system"

He escaped, the Trayvon Martin mess, now he's in the news again , allegedly stuck a shotgun in his girlfriend face , now she recanting.
Hell, the news harped on him when he got speeding ticket in Texas.
The media are drawn to him, because of the acquittal (T. Martin) ... let it the hell go !  

when planets align...do the deal !

Arcey

Mornin'.

L'il frosty out, 'bout thirty. Guessers guessin' forty sumthin' later on. Not much of a breeze. Should be right tolerable.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

litl rooster

It is not sun up yet and it's 21° might turn out to be a pleasant day. Have had snow around us but not here in the valley.

Hope to get out and take the camera with us. Lots of things have changesd since we moved east in 99,

Major 2 you'd thunk Zimmerman would have went and hid after the TM case. He had to know the media was going to proscute him for whatever they can. He gets what he gets from here out. In the mean time he screws things up for everyone else

TK that is a fair price for a box of 50....
Mathew 5.9

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

'Tis -1 and clear. Feels like -15. Dusting of white overnight. "Colder. Mostly sunny. Highs zero to 5 above. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Wind chills to 25 below zero."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Delmonico

Coffee up here, ran Rita to work and found a battery cable end, a brass one to boot, made in you know where, but brass is still better.

BTW after my wife owning it for a month and a half, I drove the wife's station wagon SUV Buick thing, the first thing of that type that wasn't built on a pick-up chassis like an old Bronco or Suburban.  I think I did right talking her into looking at them instead of a 4 door car, not ready to give up The General for one though for me.  Handling on ice was good, I tested it a bit, AWD thing kicks in when you have wheel slippage in front, goes around corners much better on ice than FWD, can't power it around like The General and if I hit my shift points where I need to, think it would mop the Buick up in a 1/4 mile, but the Buick would whip The General on the salt flats.

Tranny seems to be a double Dyna-Flow, shifts 4 times instead of 2, still haven't opened the hood on it, doubt their is a Fireball Straight 8 under there, the dang thing ain't wide enough or long enough. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Major 2

Yes Sir on the one hand you had a
"Want to be hero , Nepoleonish introvert with visons of  super agent " AKA Creepy ass Cracker

and he runs in to a " 17 year punk ass , know thief and self made bad ass on suspension and ship off to his uncle to handle..

That train wreck ended when the two met, and neither were smart enough to back off ...

So both were equily wrong , But it was blow into RACIAL Media frenzy ...

Zimmereman , was DAM lucky, many were are still are out for his hide. 

He should have just eased out of sight ...but NOOOOO !

The media make big deal he got the GUN back !  He tours the KELTEC  Manufacturer , Gets pulled over if Texas  for 5 miles an hour over the limit...5 MPH and the media is on it !
Media jumps on his divorce, and runs with that for weeks... then the Media is all over the Girlfriend  thing...

DUDE !  disappear
when planets align...do the deal !

Texas Lawdog

Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. The temp is around freezing outside. The temp is good oatmeal weather. The patio is still iced over and maybe by Friday, the ice will finally be melted.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Stu Kettle

Had a bowl of oats fer breakfast my own self.  Sun's shining for a change, but its still cold.  Was 3º when I came into town at 7am - haven't checked with the weather channel to see if it's warming up.

Delmonico

Quote from: Stu Kettle on December 11, 2013, 10:15:55 AM
Had a bowl of oats fer breakfast my own self.  Sun's shining for a change, but its still cold.  Was 3º when I came into town at 7am - haven't checked with the weather channel to see if it's warming up.

Doupt it for you, we're only going to 14 or so they say, The General is back to life.   ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Stu Kettle

It's 26º here already according to the interweb - might get to 32º they say.  I doubt it.

Delmonico

Still 7 here, looks like we will warm up tomorrow.  To maybe 32.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

El Peludo

Mornin' y'all, thanks fer the cawfee.  Chilly here, 36 according to the official weather thing, 0950.  Clear, calm, bluebirdy skies, looks like it might be a nice day.  I sometimes feel guilty, too, Major2, when the rest of the country is suffering with some nasty weather, and it is nice here; but that is one of the hallmarks of this region, sun and lots of it.  In the summer, when it is way hotter here than in the rest of the country, I feel like I am bragging when I report those extremely high temps, too.  Can't win.  ;D ;D ;D

Yanno, I think the media is paying ol' "Zimmy" under the table to act stoopid; gives them something to holler about and try to keep people distracted from the real stuff that is important going on in the world.  JMO.

Got things to try to do.

Later.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

litl rooster

Quote from: Major 2 on December 11, 2013, 09:32:58 AM
Yes Sir on the one hand you had a

DUDE !  disappear

There no additional vacancy's in these parts

Nephew's school had frozen pipes, which led to electrical problems. so he and I went up to check out the local range.  I went ahead and got a family membership. Bargined price at $60 a year.

The three hundred yard range. Is there enough backstop?

300 yard rifle and additional 100 yard range- two pistol and one action pistol range.

Mathew 5.9

litl rooster

One more this picture is for Jeff Steel Horse Bailey...it was featured in his very favoritist movie.. Place called Blodgett Canyon

Mathew 5.9

Delmonico

Quote from: litl rooster on December 11, 2013, 12:12:03 PM
One more this picture is for Jeff Steel Horse Bailey...it was featured in his very favoritist movie.. Place called Blodgett Canyon

Hoo boy, I think, not sure, but think it is real close to where Great Grandpa had his farm,  Been 50 years, but that sure looks right, is that just west of Hamilton? 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Arcey

Warmer here than the guessers guessed. Real nice in the sun.

Don't know how it went nationally. Radio stays on talk/news all day here. Heard Zimmerman busted a glass table 'n pointed a shotgun both of which he denied. Next hour the media reported sumthin' more important, like O'Bama farted sideways er sumthin' 'n groupies took selfies of theirownselves tryin' ta take it all in.

Nice range, Roo. Could write me some challengin' long range pistol shots for the OFSDAR get tagethers on that'n.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com