Dee-sem-brrr Coffee

Started by Delmonico, November 30, 2013, 09:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mestiza letty

Yikes ! Prayers up Stu !!

Howdy gang,

Thanks for the last o' the cawfee Buck, was told I finished my last 12 hr. shift last nite & we go back to 10's. Happy for that. Got the 2 days off before Christmas so a total of 3 inna row. Yay !

Lots of us have a "croup cough" & sinus infections. Sumthin' in the Robitussin cough syrup I bought makin' me itch.

Got a bit o' the "evil white stuff" on the way home, just a dust an' enuf to make folks drive stupid. Partly cloudy out now, 34 with a low of 14. Least the air quality got better.
Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

Stu Kettle

I survived the ride now I'm at the beautiful Medical Center of the Rockies.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

The Trinity Kid

Good luck Stu! 

Weather is sunny, cloudless, and I'm stuck inside with homework.... >:(   Thermometer says 45 right now, but we are on the 28th day in a row with nights below 20.  I switched out my sheets on the bed for the sub-zero sleepin' bag.  Toasty warm now.

My feathers are a little ruffled over the whole A&E/Duck Dynasty thing.  Not much I can do, except grumble a lot.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Leo Tanner

Prayer sent Stu, you're one tough customer.

Hey all.  Long an short of ma recents: trees, snow, ice, four wheel drive not workin, poison oak, shot in the butt, bacon wrapped cod, my kids, Lil's kids, grand kids, chocolate pie, central heat broke, fake Christmas tree, butternut squash soup, central heat fixed.

53 on the deck right now, been gettin warmer every day.  Evenin coffee is on.

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Stu Kettle

By "shot in the butt" I hope you mean by a medic, maybe for the poison oak. That stuff is horrible. Don't see around hear parts, but the first time I found some it ruined my immunity to poison ivy, which is plentiful here & tears me up something fierce.

Procedure postpone till tomorrow. Laying here high on pain meds. Not my favorite buzz but it takes my mind off the pain.

Four-Eyed Buck

Hang in  there, Stu.

Del, That semi accident in west Lincoln was two East Canton residents that were Hoover employees at one time. One of my work friends sent me a heads up on it :(
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Leo Tanner

It was a nurse Stu.  I was immune to the stuff too til I got it in an open wound and it really did a number.  Hope there's somethin half worth watchin on the tube while yer waitin.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Four-Eyed Buck

Thanks for the Cliffs Notes version, Leo ;)

TK, the gig went fairly well tonight. 12 carols all sight read. Also got to watch my granddaughter play flute(the wife's) and tenor sax( the school's). We had four or five trumpets, a french horn, a bari, and sousaphone, and one bone,plus the wife of picc ::)

Delmonico

Yeah I'd saw that Buck but didn't get around to posting it, was a mess.

http://www.klkntv.com/story/24252713/semi-trailer-on-fire-on-i-80
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

The Trinity Kid

Buck, glad it went well.  I'm actually on a mission right now.  Since my grandmother died, that will give us a chance to go through some old things of hers.  Much of it was stuff that belonged to my grandpa.  Among those thing, we think there is his trombone.  He bought it in the mid '50s, but beyond that we don't know much about it.  Hope we find it.  Hope my uncle(s) didn't sell it for a twelve-pack and a joint... >:( :-[
Stu, hang in there.  I have a couple cousins dealing with cancer, and it is doing a number on them.  Prayers are up for ya'.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Texas Lawdog

We had spagetti with meat sauce and garlic bread for supper tonight. I had a cold adult beverage as well. Moose is baking goodies to take to her school tomorrow. We had a lot of wind last night and today. We have got a 30 Percent chance of rain tomorrow and Sat. I fell on My patio and now I have a pinched nerve in my right hip. I am hobbling around on two canes. I hope I can drive tomorrow, I have more errands to run.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Texas Lawdog

The Cawffee and hot water are ready for drinking this morning. Enjoy,
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Major 2

Thanks TLD

Headed to the local gas & go ..coffee any size  59 cents.... I get the 24 oz.  :D  screw Bloomburg !  ::)

I'll be off, for Christmas after EOD today ... I'll go back Thurs...
when planets align...do the deal !

Arcey

Mornin'.

Sorry ta hear of the situation, Stu. You're in my prayers. May everything go well.

Guessers sayin' up 'round seventy taday. Station wagon needs a bath but I got stuff ta do inside's gonna mess that idea up.

Had mighty fine OFSDAR weather yestitty. Got the load right this time. All the knock downs went o'er 'cept one 'n that'n was my fault. Hit it way low. It was a tombstone, the middle target in an array of three. Freakin' thing looked like a middle finger stuck up at me. T'was the only miss of the shootin' match fer me. 

Try'n be careful taday, Tex.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Four-Eyed Buck

Thanks for the coffee,TLD ;) My wife's dealing with a pinched nerve, did her's bowling. She's still going to the chiro for treatments, but at least she's getting some relief.

42 and a light drizzle here, pretty damp out there.

Del, It didn't look like there was much left in the video report I saw, just awful :(

TK, Hope you find Grandpa's bone, who knows, it might even be collectable if it's the right make and model. Keep me appraised on the hunt ::)

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Tex.

'Tis 17 and sn*wing. 1"+ so far. "Periods of snow. Freezing drizzle also possible. Snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches. Highs in the lower 20s. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Texas Lawdog

I will be going slow today, I have 2 canes to walk with and be balanced. I hope that you do not have to be out in the bad stuff, Slim.

mestiza letty

Mornin' y'all,

Skippin' the cawfee fer now TLD, but thanks for the cuppa in my thermos for later.

Gift wrappin' fools elves we were last nite, day shift left us 2300 items bound for an over nite truck leavin' at 11:00 pm. Got all out & packed & out 'cept 40. Didn't count what orders for OUR shift. All told for the entire day 12,700 gift wrapped & shipped out.

'Spect more of the same for Fri. nite, down to crunch time.

Was 16 when I left the warehouse, clear as a bell high of 35.
Hittin' my pillow...
Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

Delmonico

Got a theory on this duck hunters so called reality show, figure the ratings are either down a bit and the whole thing is to get them up after letting him back on, or maybe he wants out.  Since reality shows ain't real, I have been around too long to not be suspicious.    The other question is why haven't the rest of them told A&E to stick it?  
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

litl rooster

Del...it's is simple...... Contract.  They are already in neogiating to leave.  The issue is not what he said. It is about his right to say it.

Tex thanks for the coffee. Go to the doctor!

Under a threat of snow here about 20° at the current time.
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com