Dee-sem-brrr Coffee

Started by Delmonico, November 30, 2013, 09:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Major E A Sterner

Where's Leo been? He seems to be MIA??
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

The Trinity Kid

Mornin' Y'all.  Sunny, with an expected high of 40-some. 

Buck, we had our first trumpet do the horse whinny.  He's been playing since the 50's, and even has done improv solos on the spot, switching between his two normal trumpets (one has been tuned to a different key) and flugelhorn.  Needless to say, he did it well.  The part that was hard for him was standing up to do it, what with a broken leg and all.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Texas Lawdog

We had the leftover meatloaf nod trimmings  for supper tonight. The sunny weather was nice for a change. The cold weather is over for a while. The yards are gonna be dry enough to mow tomorrow.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Four-Eyed Buck

Emergency trip tp Wade Park today. They wanted an Ultra-sound of SIL's problem area as a precaution. 1 hour up, one back, and almost 5 hours in the ER waiting for her to get seen and done. :-\

Longest trip I've taken since the medicine scare. Back's kinda telling about it now. Just got my laundry done and put away. TK, I'll be sight reading a small concert Thursday night. We were supposed to have a practice Saturday, but it got cancelled. it's the HS alum's before the present band does their Winter concert ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

The Trinity Kid

Good luck with that, Buck. 

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Four-Eyed Buck

I'll put the pot on, no guarantee about the quality ::)

28 and snow here. Looks to be a couple inches or so. Dogs aren't up yet, haven't been outside.....yet ::) :-\

Arcey

Mornin'.

Gonna be 'nother pretty day. Got some inside stuff ta do. Should be just right by the time that's finished up. Somethin' fun's waitin' on me outside.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Major E A Sterner

12 degrees and s**wing here,not a good day to be out.I have a Dr.s appt .at 9:00,gunna be fun... :( :(
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Buck.

'Tis 21 and overcast. High of 27.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Delmonico

27 here, going to almost 50 they say.  Leo is a live, not sure why he ain't been on here.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Texas Lawdog

Thanks for the Cawffee  this morning. I could get used to this sun shine outside. Victoria is sleeping on the bed and I am on my second cup of Cawffee. Chicken Noodle soup and a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. No clue for supper tonight.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

The Trinity Kid

Good morning all.  Cold here, but otherwise looks like it will be a nice day.  Most of the evil white stuff has melted, so that's making all the dirt roads real slick, what with all the red clay around here... :o  Makes it hard to get a Christmas tree.

--TK

mestiza letty

Mornin' y'all,

Thanks for the cawfee Buck. Tastes a bit better today.

Was a bit cranky yesterday havin' 'ta go out & get cough syrup, but made it back in one piece. Beatin' clothes on a rock, will prolly take most of the day today.

Dang heat wave predicted here at 48 an' low of 20. Most of my yard snow has melted off more weather predicted come Thurs.
Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

Texas Lawdog

I got the yards mowed and now I am having my lunch. Victoria is taking a nap. The Moose has the rest of the week and she is off till after Christmas. The temp is supposed to be 61 today for a high.

Arcey

Filt the station wagon. $3.04 it Sam's. Wawa 'round the corner was $3.14. Ain't gonna talk 'bout the mileage. Went 'n got the oil changed.. T'was still short on mileage but three weeks late. Hit Harris Teeter fer some fresh fruit I'll be dicin' up in a l'il while.

Kempsville Grill what closed up some months ago shows some activity. Someone painted the place a few weeks ago. Somebody else repaved the parkin' lot. One the big name HVAC companies 'round this way, RS Andrews, 'er over there now 'n it looks like they've ripped e'er hunk of ductwork in there out. Even brought a dumpster with 'em. It reopens inta somethin' similar ta what it was me 'n the fat lady'll go more frequently than we did. Nice l'il Ma 'n Pa place. Hated ta see it shut down 'n it was as much our fault as anyone else's.

The weather's freakin' fantastic. Dashboard thingy said 56° when I parked it.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Major E A Sterner

19 Degrees here and still s**wing, thinking we'll get more than the 5 inches the weather liars predicted... ::) ::)
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125

The Trinity Kid

Major, it sounds like you need to build an igloo.   ::) :P

Arcey, yer' makin' me jealous with your gas prices.  Our dropped $0.20, down to $3.66/gal.   :-X  With the big oil refinery on the coast just over 100 miles away, one would think the gas prices would be lower.  Heck, the new gas station in town own a large percentage of that refinery.  All the oil is drilled domestically, in the Dakotas, So. Cal. and Alaska, or so I read.

--TK

Delmonico

43 here, paid $2.95 for gas yesterday, but we get a break on the stuff with moonshine in it.  About $3.50 for the other, but not everyone has it anymore. 

I'd like the next one to burn the 85% stuff, it's about $2.45.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Four-Eyed Buck

Gas was $3.05 yesterday when we fueled the SIL's hamster ::)

Got the drive cleared and salted and the bird feeders refilled. What with the black and gray tree rats, they've gone through almost 20 lbs. in a week :o ::)

litl rooster

Quote from: Major E A Sterner on December 16, 2013, 11:48:10 AM
Where's Leo been? He seems to be MIA??

paid 2.99 here this morning 10% corn I think

another day in paradise

Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com