Dee-sem-brrr Coffee

Started by Delmonico, November 30, 2013, 09:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

litl rooster

Quote from: Delmonico on December 08, 2013, 09:13:22 AM
On this day in 1982 Marty Robbins answered the Masters Call.  The incredible Don Edwards cover with the extra poen is not on Youtube:   

John Lennon met is demise 33 years ago today also
Mathew 5.9

litl rooster

Quote from: Arcey on December 08, 2013, 10:26:30 AM
Oh well. January's comin'. Reminds me I gotta get ta werk writtin' the thing.

Interestin' note on Marty, rest 'im. He has a higher lifetime finishin' average in NASCAR's top-tier tourin' division than dear Danica Patrick's 'n she's had ten more races ta pad 'er's than he did.

We gotta get you on the panel trackside
Mathew 5.9

Texas Lawdog

Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. We slept in this morning. The Moose is baking fruit breads and cooking bacon and cheese omelet for brunch. The weather folks is saying the high is gonna be 41 today, I will believe that when I see it. The Moose is planning on a grocery run for more provisions. The Cadillac is front wheel drive and it has traction control. I guess the folks on the East coast are getting some of the same stuff as we did this week. I am ready to see some sunshine and warmer temps.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Arcey

Gettin' a l'il sleet this way.

Snowin' on the 'Skins 'n KC it Landover. KC just picked Griffin.

Philadelphia's gettin' hammered.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Four-Eyed Buck

26 and cloudy. We're under a Winter Storm advisory again, freezing rain this time. Gonna have to go out and do the feeders before it decides to get nasty. :-\

Gig went pretty good last night. One of the attendees was the girl that lived next door to me growing up.....small world. ::)

Made waffles when we got in from church ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

pony express

25 degrees out, Deer chille is simmering on the stove. Split enough wood to fill the front porch after church today, then did a bit of shooting, trying to shoot some targets for a postal match. Should have shot first, then split wood, light was going away and only got 6 out of 10 in the black. Shooting a French MAS36, and I know I can do way better with it!

The Trinity Kid

Well, we just found out that the four-wheel drive in our second car broke...Again.  This is the fourth or fifth time in the ten years we've had the car. :-\   The battery in our usual car was dead this morning, so we hopped in the other car, pushed the 4-hi button and tried to get out of our little valley.  Slippin' and slidin'.  4wd wouldn't engage.  So we got back home, jumped the other car and made it out okay.  We were almost an hour late for church, though.. :-\

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Texas Lawdog

The temp did not make it above freezing, so much for the prediction of 41. The temp was 33 at 1700. We finished off the last of the beef stew for supper. No school for the Moose tomorrow. More soup on the menu for tomorrow.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

litl rooster

Got all the water boiling and the coffee on....

wind come in this a.m and is -3° at the moument.    Killer decided she needed to go out at 01:30 this morning
Mathew 5.9

Four-Eyed Buck

Thanks for the coffee,lR ;)

34 here, damp. Freezin' stuff must've missed us, wife went on in to work. Gonna start laundry here in a bit, then have to run the SIL up to the VA clinic here in town. Winter she don't like to drive much ::) :-\

Arcey

Chilly 'n damp. No rain at the moment. A paperwork day.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Litl Rooster.

'Tis 9, overcast and windy. Feels like -4. 2" of white on the deck. "Blustery. Mostly cloudy in the morning then becoming mostly sunny. Considerable blowing and drifting snow. Highs in the middle teens. West wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Wind chills to 15 below zero in the afternoon."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Four-Eyed Buck

Hey Arcey! When did they start including exploding floats in parades at Duh Beach? ::) :D

Delmonico

Tomorrows project, build a better battery cable end from a crappy Chinese one. ::)  Can't get any better it seems, I'd love to be able to get a couple of those German brass ones we used to get from the VW dealers. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Arcey

Quote from: Four-Eyed Buck on December 09, 2013, 08:36:11 AM
Hey Arcey! When did they start including exploding floats in parades at Duh Beach? ::) :D

Went national, huh?

The pilot (lower case intended) didn't have much on it. Hearin' the float's tow-pickup's hadda generator fall of the tailgate 'n go poof when it hit Atlantic Ave.

Gotta have some fun with fire someway since the nanny city council outlawed sparklers. Really weren't much of a fire.

Texas Lawdog

Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. We sorta slept in this morning. The temp is hovering around 32 degrees and the streets in front of the house are still iced over. We had pecan waffles and bacon. The Moose is going to make a grocery run in a couple of hours. The fireplace is nice this morning and putting out some heat. I am wAtching the Mecum Car Auction on the TV.

Delmonico

Someone broke my stool at my hat island before I got in today, no one has fessed up, I will track them down though.  Have to use my guest stool till repairs are made. 

If they used it for a ladder I hope they fell on their face, watching for skinned up noses. >:(
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

El Peludo

MMMMM, cawfee good.

Been a few cold days here in Sin City, too, daytimes in the low 40's or high 30's mostly, 20's and high teens overnights; 34 on our patio right now, and an "icicle lawn" - I forgot to turn the automatic sprinklers off.  It is clear and windy; gonna be this way for a few more days, then start to warm up a wee bit.  That storm system that is botherin' most of you folks now, left a few feet of snow on and in our mountain areas all around the valley; some folks seem thrilled.

Got usual stuff to do.

Later.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Major E A Sterner

woke up to an ice covered landscape, the usual idjits who forget that ice is slippery have one of the main roads closed due to a roll over accident...They never learn... ::) ::) ::)
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

The Trinity Kid

Mornin' all, thanks for the coffee Roo.  Temp got down to single digits last night again, froze the window shut so I couldn't let the cat out.  The road at the end of our driveway is an ice rink.  Kinda fun watching the local macho-jacked-up-huge-tire-diesil-truck group slip and slide around with their wide ole' street grip tires.  I think most of them have more dollars than sense.... ::)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com