shotgun

Started by blue drifter, October 15, 2005, 07:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue drifter

howdy pards
  can anybody help me. I am looking for A new shotgun, I am finding that their is not A lot out ther to choose
from. also there are not A lot of dealers selling them. what I would like to know is what kind,were can I find it
and about how much.  thanks all
semper fi, dav, blue drifter

hellgate

The Stoeger IGA is a pretty good one (CoachGun model) has IC/Mod chokes @ about $300 new available at most any sporting goods store. The TTN 1878 Colt hammered double is also nice (can cock both hammers with the thumb after swapping  mainsprings for the lighter ones provided) has cyl/cyl bores @ about $400 from CAS vendors. I do not own a '97 and know little about them. Just about any SXS will do. I also have a cut down Stevens 311 that works fine too prices vary but $150-$300 is a typical range depending on condition. Just make sure that on a 311 or any other brand that the action opens up enough on its own for the shells to clear the top of the receiver so you don't have to pull the barrels down to load. Some 311's  chambers dont quite clear the top of the frame due to heavy springs. They are workhorses though.

Make sure the barrels hit where they aim. I've run across two IGA coachguns at matches where the POA did not equal the POI. I don't know how that is easily fixed.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

The Arapaho Kid

I have a Baikal (I think that's the way you spell it?), Russian made, two banger with 20 inch barrels.  It's called The Bounty Hunter.  It's a little on the light side and a kicker.  I've gotten away from thge "Hamburger Shoulder" by using Black Powder loads and a strap on recoil pad hidden under my shirt. As I recall the out the door price on that was $360.00.  It's a good gun, but a kicker.

blue drifter

Quote from: The Arapaho Kid on October 16, 2005, 02:13:02 AM
I have a Baikal (I think that's the way you spell it?), Russian made, two banger with 20 inch barrels.  It's called The Bounty Hunter.  It's a little on the light side and a kicker.  I've gotten away from thge "Hamburger Shoulder" by using Black Powder loads and a strap on recoil pad hidden under my shirt. As I recall the out the door price on that was $360.00.  It's a good gun, but a kicker.
rap....  is that A pump or rabbit ears sxs, and can I use A newer model as long as it has exposed hammer Iwould
like to get A pump but I know I gotta stay with in the rules.I am looking at remmington pump what do you think? I just called my dealer and told to cancel the sxs,and wait till I get back with what I want. thanks ??? ??? ???

Wymore Wrangler

Blue Drifter, I don't know of any Remington model pump in current production that is CAS legal.  Original and reproductions of the Winchester Model 97 pump are legal if you want to go that route.  I have both the Bakial Bounty Hunter II and the TNN mule eared shotguns and I prefer the TNN hands down.  If your looking for a good and honest dealer, PM me and I'll give you Ultona's contact information, he has probably the lowest prices of any CAS dealer and he can sell you one through your local FFL, even with shipping and transfer fees' you will probably come out ahead...
Fast horses for sale, Discount for newly minted gold coins, no questions asked....

blue drifter

Quote from: Wymore Wrangler on October 16, 2005, 01:34:28 PM
Blue Drifter, I don't know of any Remington model pump in current production that is CAS legal.  Original and reproductions of the Winchester Model 97 pump are legal if you want to go that route.  I have both the Bakial Bounty Hunter II and the TNN mule eared shotguns and I prefer the TNN hands down.  If your looking for a good and honest dealer, PM me and I'll give you Ultona's contact information, he has probably the lowest prices of any CAS dealer and he can sell you one through your local FFL, even with shipping and transfer fees' you will probably come out ahead...
wymore...... Iwas unable to find anything on A winchester 97 pump. but I did find the stoeger coach gun, it looks nice but it has A rubber butt end they say its cas ok. thanks

Wymore Wrangler

Here a link to bruth dave's sight he has the four common types of CAS shotguns for sale:

http://www.brodavesguns.com/shotguns.html
Fast horses for sale, Discount for newly minted gold coins, no questions asked....

blue drifter

Quote from: Wymore Wrangler on October 17, 2005, 10:37:51 PM
Here a link to bruth dave's sight he has the four common types of CAS shotguns for sale:

http://www.brodavesguns.com/shotguns.html
thanks wymore.......... thats A good site, but I got one and i'll tell you pards all about it when it gets here :o

Birdgun Quail

Blue Drifter, I recommend a new Holland and Holland Royal.   A new one will only run you about £47,170.  The drawback is you may have to wait a couple of years for them to build it for you.  But, they will build it just the way you want!   

http://www.hollandandholland.com/gunrooms/guns/royalssshotgun.htm

Here's one you can buy off the rack.  You could saw off the barrels if 28-inch barrels are too long for your liking.

http://www.hollandandholland.com/~newyork/newguns/9812121241376.htm
God bless,
Birdgun Quail

The Arapaho Kid

Quote from: blue drifter on October 16, 2005, 12:23:35 PM
Quote from: The Arapaho Kid on October 16, 2005, 02:13:02 AM
rap....  is that A pump or rabbit ears sxs, and can I use A newer model as long as it has exposed hammer Iwould
like to get A pump but I know I gotta stay with in the rules.I am looking at remmington pump what do you think? I just called my dealer and told to cancel the sxs,and wait till I get back with what I want. thanks ??? ??? ???

Blue:  My shotgun has hammers and they have to be cocked before it will fire, but they are not real, working hammers.  My gun has internal, working hammers.  If you are looking for a pump scattergun, the old Winchester Model 97 is the one you want.  Those are a whole lot faster than the break open two shooters like I have.  You can get through a shotgun stage a lot faster with an old 97. 

Joyce (AnnieLee)

Howdy Blue Drifter!

It sounds like you decided to go with the Stoeger. Good choice! A lot of pards are shooting Stoegers and are happy with them.  After you get it, please take the time to clean it then take it to a range to "print" it to see where the shot lands for each barrel. Most Stoegers are fine, but once in a while one of the barrels shoots off point of aim (POA).

The choice of a shotgun is as personal as clothing. Some folks like take down '97s, some like solid frame ones. Some like external hammered doubles, others like them without the "mule ears." Still others will swear by the Norinco (Chinese made) reproductions.

One of the best ways to find out more about shotguns is to go to a match. There, pards will happily show off their "babies" to you, tell you where you can get one, and fill your ears with why theirs is the "best" and everyone else's isn't worth doodly squat!

The important thing is to be safe and HAVE FUN!

:D

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

litl rooster

Quote from: Birdgun Quail on October 18, 2005, 10:19:11 AM
Blue Drifter, I recommend a new Holland and Holland Royal.   A new one will only run you about £47,170.  The drawback is you may have to wait a couple of years for them to build it for you.  But, they will build it just the way you want!   

http://www.hollandandholland.com/gunrooms/guns/royalssshotgun.htm

Here's one you can buy off the rack.  You could saw off the barrels if 28-inch barrels are too long for your liking.

http://www.hollandandholland.com/~newyork/newguns/9812121241376.htm

Bird Gun, at a $122,000 that one better load its beautifull engraved reciever and Fantasic looking wood, in my truck drive me to the range and sign in and shoot while I take a nap....WOW...Have you seen the King Ranch Cataloge offering specially designed shotguns with the running W to go along with the over priced truck?
Mathew 5.9

Blue Moon

Go to a gunshow and get yourself some old American side by side; Savage, Stevens, Fox, etc.  Some don't cost any more
than those Russian imports and you get the genuine article.  I paid $600 for my LC Smith, made in 1923.

NARVOUS

Did you cut the LC down ???
Narvous
Cowboy on the Rocken H Ranch

Take care of your gun and it will take care of you.
My Cas City Profile: http://www.cascity.com/posseprofiles/NARVOUS/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com