Remington's Hot Bluing

Started by Thomas (Tom) Horn aka James Hicks, November 05, 2013, 04:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas (Tom) Horn aka James Hicks

You have seen it before...  I just received my two Remington's '58's back from Hoof Hearted.  They are really nice, cannot say enough good about him or his work.  For those of you who have never dealt with Hoof, you are in for a treat.  His work is far superior to other gun smithies that I have had dealings with. He is one straight shooter... there is no BS when dealing with him.  A very good man... something that is hard to find in this day and age.  They have the Kirst Konverter's installed and I did the Loading Gate port cut.  Long discussions with Hoof Hearted thru emails on correcting the SAILS, which I did.  I defarbed them, and at first after defarbing and cutting the loading port and correcting the Sails... I reblued using Wonder Blue... that did not work, so I ordered that stuff from Brownell's called Ortho Blue, and that looked as bad as the Wonder Blue.  I then sent the guns to Hoof for his Hot Bluing.  I am very pleased with the results.  My hat is off to HOOF....Here are pics of the '58's.  
"If I killed that kid, it was the best shot I ever made, and the dirtiest trick I ever did."

Major 2

I posted these photos before... and I do it again,  this is also Hoof's fine work....

51 Navy... Kirst fitted & ported, hammer Checkered , action work,   Barrel relined to .357 , Forcing cone, de farbed, Blued.
62 Navy ... Kirst Fitted & Ported, Bobbed, re-contured,  de-farbed
when planets align...do the deal !

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Thomas (Tom) Horn aka James Hicks on November 05, 2013, 04:03:01 PM
You have seen it before...  I just received my two Remington's '58's back from Hoof Hearted.  They are really nice, cannot say enough good about him or his work.  For those of you who have never dealt with Hoof, you are in for a treat.  His work is far superior to other gun smithies that I have had dealings with. He is one straight shooter... there is no BS when dealing with him.  A very good man... something that is hard to find in this day and age.  They have the Kirst Konverter's installed and I did the Loading Gate port cut.  Long discussions with Hoof Hearted thru emails on correcting the SAILS, which I did.  I defarbed them, and at first after defarbing and cutting the loading port and correcting the Sails... I reblued using Wonder Blue... that did not work, so I ordered that stuff from Brownell's called Ortho Blue, and that looked as bad as the Wonder Blue.  I then sent the guns to Hoof for his Hot Bluing.  I am very pleased with the results.  My hat is off to HOOF....Here are pics of the '58's. 

I guess I should-a took some pics for you with the "good" camera ;)
Thanks for the kind words........

It's always a pleaseure to deal with the pards here on this site ;D

Regards, HH

Anonymity breeds bravado.......especially over the internet!
http://cartridgeconversion.com
http://heelbasebullet.com
aka: Mayor Maynot KILLYA SASS #8038
aka: F. Alexander Thuer NCOWS #3809
STORM #400

Thomas (Tom) Horn aka James Hicks

HH-  I admit those pics do not do justice for your hard work... it was raining here and I took pics inside... tomorrow I will retake "outside" so folks can see your work.  My apology.  Love the revolvers... thanks a bunch...
"If I killed that kid, it was the best shot I ever made, and the dirtiest trick I ever did."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com