Author Topic: Cawfee Tea an Beer Brats fer October  (Read 129659 times)

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 128
Re: Cawfee Tea an Beer Brats fer October
« Reply #260 on: October 12, 2013, 08:42:23 PM »
Had chicken breasts fried in crisco with a seasoned coating,whipped taters with lots of butter and some biscuits was right tasty... ;D ;D
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline mestiza letty

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #261 on: October 12, 2013, 09:51:46 PM »
Take out pizza called the " Cowboy " from Papa Murphy's an' a Guinness was on our table with chocolate chip cookies for dessert...

Watched the NLCS games this afternoon. Pop received his Medal of Valor there at Dodgers Stadium there in '71 LAPD Academy is just down the street.....guess I'm a "lifer" Dodgers fan. One an' only time we got box seats behind home plate.

Their announcer Vin Scully is 85 yrs old, can't imagine hearin' a game not called by 'im. He has a few innings scheduled during the playoffs, he is sure beloved by us boomers on the "left coast". They have some work to do if they wanna stay in this series.
Hunted ammo for a cousin at Cabela's after the game...haha what a joke, .22 lr. snake shot & .44 mag Leverution gone like I suspected. More smaller places 'ta check. This family lives down there in the So. Cal area. Sister is goin' down next week.

Don't miss the congestion, crime or traffic. Good memories growin' up tho......

Happy Birthday to you TLD !!!!!!!! An early wish since I don't rise to early from the "hoot owl" shift
Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #262 on: October 13, 2013, 06:11:49 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Happy birthday, Tex!
'Tis 38 and dark. High of 63.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Advertising

« Reply #263 on: Today at 10:29:18 PM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #263 on: October 13, 2013, 07:40:45 AM »
Happy B’Day, Tex.

Still rainin’……………………………….
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #264 on: October 13, 2013, 08:57:39 AM »
Pictures of Ryan on my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/vaughn.brooks.3

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 481
« Reply #265 on: October 13, 2013, 09:31:50 AM »
Stu,

one of my favorite "taste" memories is Lipton Chicken Noodle soup made from the dry mix packet. Can't tell you how many times, growing up, my Mom fixed that when I was feeling puny. I've eaten many a great made from scratch chicken soup, too, but for some reason Lipton has a unique flavor to my tastebuds.
Sure, likely it's nostalgia, but sometimes when nothing else sounds good I can wrestle down Lipton's.

Those popsicles were magical, don't you know!

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #266 on: October 13, 2013, 09:54:19 AM »
Gotta agree with RCJ. I keep the stuff in the on site pantry for winter. Just bought some. If I have left over bird parts I’ll dice ‘em ‘n put ‘em in the soup. That ‘n a sandwich is a good, quick meal when nothin’s goin’ in the crocks.

Great for medicinal purposes too.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #267 on: October 13, 2013, 10:09:03 AM »
Day three of my poisoning treatment & nothing sounds good to eat. Managed to get to the bottom at a bowl of malto-meal, but not before it got cold. Coffee wouldn't work so I tried tea, sweetened it up & think I can can handle it now.

I am feeling better than I did at this point in the last dose - concentrating on keeping hydrated so I don't end up in the hospital instead of at school.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #268 on: October 13, 2013, 10:28:13 AM »
I slept in this morning, the heat and sitting most of the afternoon took it's toll on me. Our BBQ team took 5th Place and received  $100. Prize, we also won a $50 gift certificate from Office Depot. Moose is taking me to Brunch this morning for my Birthday. I am still trying to wake up. I am on my second cup of Cawffee.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #269 on: October 13, 2013, 11:04:07 AM »
Add a little rosemary and just a hint of clove to your homemade chicken soup and see if that gives you the flavor you like.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 481
« Reply #270 on: October 13, 2013, 11:08:01 AM »
Add a little rosemary and just a hint of clove to your homemade chicken soup and see if that gives you the flavor you like.

or monosodium glutamate . . .

;)

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #271 on: October 13, 2013, 12:00:35 PM »
or monosodium glutamate . . .

;)

RCJ

Make a richer broth and use a bit more spice and you don't need it, MSG is cheaper than chicken and spices. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #272 on: October 13, 2013, 12:22:32 PM »
Got up this morning and made Sausage gravy biscuits, had hot dogs this afternoon. For some reason chicken noodle soup and a sandwich is sounding good for tonight.

Happy Birthday TLD!
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #273 on: October 13, 2013, 02:31:00 PM »
Happy birthday Pop, we'll have CFS in your honor.  Gonna cook it in this mornins bacon fat for plenny a flavor.

Remember that Lipton from bafore I ever heard a top ramen, there was somethin special about it.  Mom quit buyin it after a while an it got replaced with Campbell's chicken an stars or noodle-os but it weren't the same.

Gonna go talk dirty ta the blazer, dome light won't shut off.  Would like ta have the bulb in there for Lil when she's gettin in an out at night.   

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #274 on: October 13, 2013, 02:34:04 PM »
Leo, my blazer(2002) has a push button to "lock out" the dome light, close to the main light switch. I leave it locked out, since one of my door switches is broken.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #275 on: October 13, 2013, 02:49:13 PM »
Thanks for the Birthday wishes Folks!  Leo, Eat a couple of those CFS's for me. The breakfast Buffett was good and I ate too much as usual. I usually do todo buffets, because I always eat too much. I do not want to think about supper tonight.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #276 on: October 13, 2013, 03:31:19 PM »
Happy Birthday, TLD ;)

Had a practice at noon today, then sat down with the paper ::)

Have left-over bean soup with some more beans added going in the crock. Girls are pestering me to eat, guess it smells good ::)

Starting to sprinkle when I took the dogs out a bit ago. Had to go out and deal with a dead bird, too. Seems the neighbor's grandson wasn't careful with a paintball gun and managed to either hit itr( no paint, though) or a riccochet/debris got it. Tufted Titmouse :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #277 on: October 13, 2013, 03:39:05 PM »
Happy Birthday Tex

Slim Micah sure growed up fast, and looks comfortable on the horse.

Stu your tuffer than I am, anyone that can eat malt o meal.

The rest of yo have made me hungry

Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #278 on: October 13, 2013, 06:13:59 PM »
I am still full from brunch. We have left over pizza from last night, I will probably have a couple slices for supper.

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #279 on: October 13, 2013, 06:40:04 PM »
I don't mind porridge for breakfast whether its wheat, corn or oats.  Since my main goal right now is to stay hydrated I'm sticking to soup for other meals. Chicken noodle again for lunch, but didn't want it again for supper.  Buck mentioned bean soup so I checked the pantry & found a can of bean & bacon. Went down right good & hasn't threatened a reappearance.  Unless things take a turn for the worse, I think I'll make it to school tomorrow.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com