Holster and Shoulder Belt for Single Shot Tranditions Trapper 50 cal pistol

Started by Green River Powell aka RonC, September 05, 2013, 02:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green River Powell aka RonC

I have a new Traditions Trapper pistol and have seem similar single shot pistols carried in a belt that goes over the shoulder and a little holster attached to the belt. I don't want to carry it in a sash.

Any recommendations about where I could get the belt-holster combo for a reasonable price?
Thanks,
Ron
Ron

Camano Ridge

I believe your looking for something like this.  Some people call this type of belt a bandolier, however for the period of your weapon the term is Baldric. Sent you a PM I can probably help you out.

I replied to the private message.
That looks to be just what I am looking for.
Ron
Ron

Massive

Very interesting.  One can see the similarity to the shoulder element that would carry a sword, maybe even do double duty.

Though on one point I would disagree, this is a Baldric:

:)

Does that mean I have to affect a British accent tp be Baldrikified? ;D
Ron
Ron

Camano Ridge

Massive you are correct a Baldric was used to most commonly carry a sword but could an d was used to carry other weapons and even multiple weapons.

A baldric (also baldrick, bawdrick, bauldrick as well as some other, mostly rare or obsolete, variations) is a belt worn over one shoulder that is typically used to carry a weapon (usually a sword) or other implement such as a bugle or drum.[1][2] The word may also refer to any belt in general, but this usage is poetic and not considered standard.

Baldrics have been used since ancient times, usually as part of military dress. The design offers more support for weight than a standard waist belt, without restricting movement of the arms, and allowing easy access to the object carried. For example, the late 18th-century British Army's distinctive "Red coat" uniform pattern featured a pair of white baldrics crossed at the chest, with a soldier's bayonet sheath suspended from one and his canteen suspended from the other. Alternatively, and especially in modern times, the baldric may fill a ceremonial role rather than a practical one.

Many non-military or paramilitary organizations include baldrics as part of ceremonial dress. The Knights of Columbus 4th Degree Color Corps uses a baldric as part of their uniform;[3][4] it supports a ceremonial sword.

Massive

Interesting.  So the word is the word to describe sword supporting apparatus.  Makes perfect sense.  Thanks for the additional history.  An empty vessel designed to support another's rapier wit, works pretty well for the character also.

GRP, a british accent makes sense.  Many of the interesting local southern, and western accents in the US hark from the British Isles somewhere.  Oddly, Canada, which retained British rule for almost another 100 years, ended up with the flat Lorne Green accent determined as ideal to communicate to all WWII troops.  The most common (?) news reader's accent is either a Canadian or a Texan, go figure.

On the accent topic: I always wondered about the origins of the "New York" City accent, as recognizable and unique as the deepest Ozark twang. A visit to England made it clear to me. The Manchester accent was remarkably similar. The dropping of double t's was exactly the same - battle, pronounced "ba..el", bo...ul for bottle, etc. There were many other similarities.

Ron
Ron

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com