DIY action smooth.

Started by The Trinity Kid, September 02, 2013, 12:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Trinity Kid

Hi Y'all.  Just finished my homebrew action smoothing on my Navy.  I meant to photo-document it, at least, but forgot in the heat of the moment. ::)  Anyhow, I polished all the moving parts internally with a bit of steel wool, and now it is WAY smoother.  I can fan it from the holster how ( by that I mean use the opposite hand to throw the hammer down while still drawing.  Already knew that, huh? :)  ).  I never could do that before.  Ah the joys of a well-tuned Colt.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Coffinmaker

I don't really mean to be a smart ass here, well, yes I do ..
Why would you want to shoot yourself in the foot or leg that way??

Coffinmaker

The Trinity Kid

The fun is in developing the skill so that it doesn't do that. :)  And, of course, you never put your finger in the trigger guard until it's on target. ;)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

TwoWalks Baldridge

Quote from: The Trinity Kid on September 04, 2013, 01:37:28 PM
The fun is in developing the skill so that it doesn't do that. :)  And, of course, you never put your finger in the trigger guard until it's on target. ;)

--TK

1. fanning is extremely hard on a gun.  Guns are made and tuned for that purpose.
2. Fanning is a form of fast draw.  Fast draw should NEVER be done with live ammo.
3. Never put your finger in the trigger guard until its on target?  Things go bad.  Guns go bang.  Medical costs go up.

The good part is you have learned about your gun. How break it down, smooth the action and put it back together again.  Congratulations.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

The Trinity Kid

TwoWalks: 

Ne'er use nutton' but caps.  makes a bang, mom goes "Ooohh"  everything is happy.  :)  I fan mainly because it looks cool, and it probably would get a big fat "0" in a form competition.    Maybe I'll make a video and put it on youtube of how I do it. 
And if it's too hard on the gun, that just means I get a new one. ;)  nothin' wrong with a new gun.

--TK

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com