Original Winc 1892 feeding problem

Started by treebeard, August 24, 2013, 09:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

treebeard

Have a Model 1892 Winchester in 25-20 and it will often fail to properly chamber a round when feeding
from the magazine. It brings the cartridge up and it will become vertical or even flip it completly out if
the lever is used agressively enough. it will then usually feed the subsequent rounds in a normal manner.
When the cartridge does not exit the rifle it just ends up point straight up out of the action very much
like a stove pipe jam in a semi auto.

Would appreciate any helful hints on how to fix this!! ???

Paladin UK

Fer treebeard...

A couple of pointers might be worth looking into...

92`s are VERY PICKY regarding cartridge length and bullet shape, might be worth checking that your AOL is right.

I`m sure other pards will also offer ideas `n help.

Paladin (What lurvs his 92`s  ;D ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

treebeard

Thanks for the input Palidin--I am using an original box of factory loads--probably at least 50 years old--and did
not think Overall length would be an issue as they function very well in my 25-20 Win 1892 carbine. I have been
acquiring the componets for reloading due to the cost of new ammo.  I keep thinkig that there is a mechanical issue
I am missing. Tahnks again for any input.

Paladin UK

Fer treebeard...

An old #92 could be a wear issue..

Some good info here..http://marauder.homestead.com/Rifles.html

Paladin (Whut hopes ya get sorted pard ;) ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com