Author Topic: Bond Arms Derringer  (Read 2627 times)

Offline Carcajou John

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bond Arms Derringer
« on: October 12, 2005, 09:54:51 AM »
Has anyone used one in the 45/410 model and if so what are your thoughts on this model. I was mainly interested in the 410 aspect of it.
That's my final word on the matter!

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Bond Arms Derringer
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 12:06:26 PM »
I have the .45/410 model but I haven't shot a 410 through it.  I can't seem to get anybody else to volunteer to do it either.   ::)
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline Judge Bart Rose

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 10:02:17 AM »
I shoot .410 ga thru mine.  It is litterly a blast!  Kick not all that bad, the shot spreads out real quick, like about 7 yards past max use.  Also shoot buck shot through it, again not the most accurate thing in the world with 1/2" of rifled barrel, but who cares.  Would be great up close and personal if you needed it to work for same. The shot would probably due a number on a snake or snapping turtle with in two yards.  I've only killed targets with it.  I would buy another one if something happened to this one.  I also have .38/.357mag barrel set, which is more 'accurate' because of a longer rifling in the short barrels.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:11:58 PM »

Offline Carcajou John

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 11:00:33 AM »
Thanks for the replys, I was thinking of one of these. I have also talked to a gunsmith about one that he ordered for a customer and he said pretty much the same thing as far as the shot spreading out quickly. He said if it had a plan barrel  with no rifiling in it, that it would do much better as the shot would not spread as quickly. I guess the rifling spins the wading that holds the shot and the centrifical force spreads it quicker.
That's my final word on the matter!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com