.45 LC Schofield

Started by Bugscuffle, June 14, 2013, 01:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugscuffle

I read or saw somewhere that there is/was one of the Italian made Schofield models that is chambered for .45 LC but was not recommended to be shot with anything near full power loads because it tended to open up (the break action) when fired. Does anyone know for sure if this is a fact and if so, which model was/is it?
I will no longer respond to the rants of the small minded that want to sling mud rather than discuss in an adult manner.

Pettifogger

All of the Italian Schofields are chambered in .45 Colt.

Abilene

The one made in the past by Armi San Marco had a reputation for opening when shot.  It had a variety of other problems as well.

Blair

The Schofield's made by Armi San Marco had issues with popping open when fired.
These were based off of the first model latching mechanism.
Not that this was a problem on the original first model Schofield. The hammer, when down, prevented the latch from moving on the original first models.
ASM never seemed to understand this concept.
Just my opinion based on my experience with these arms.
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Bugscuffle

I will no longer respond to the rants of the small minded that want to sling mud rather than discuss in an adult manner.

Pettifogger

Quote from: Bugscuffle on June 14, 2013, 02:15:50 PM
Not exactly pard.
http://www.uberti.com/firearms/top-break.php

Yes, exactly.  Where in the Uberti site does it show a Schofield in .45 Schofield?  When Uberti redesigned the Schofield for modern production they made the cylinder longer so it would chamber the .45 Colt.  You can shoot .45 Schofields in the Uberti revolvers, but none are chambered in .45 Schofield.

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

Trick question?  They also seem to chamber it in .38 special, as well as .44-40 for the blued version.
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

Pettifogger

Quote from: Sir Charles deMouton-Black on June 14, 2013, 04:48:05 PM
Trick question?  They also seem to chamber it in .38 special, as well as .44-40 for the blued version.

Maybe so.  The original question didn't ask about .38 Special or .44-40.  It was about the .45 Schofield round.

Bugscuffle

Quote from: Pettifogger on June 14, 2013, 05:14:41 PM
Maybe so.  The original question didn't ask about .38 Special or .44-40.  It was about the .45 Schofield round.

I believe that you have misread my original post, ".....Schofield models that is chambered for .45 LC ...." Maybe it was the error that I made in the number of the verb. It should have been plural.

Mike

I have a ASM Schofield and I would only shoot the shorter Schofield round in it, but have tried Trail Boss LC and had no problems.
If you shoot heavy loads then expect problems in these New made Old guns.

I dont shoot BP in as they foul up quick.
Buffalochip

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com