Stuck screw 1861 Navy

Started by RWK, April 22, 2013, 10:17:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blair

Dusty,

It is not a SS screw in this revolver.
Don't worry, it is going to be like most of the very good suggestions made here... ignored.
  Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Whiskey Banjo

Stainless or not (the head in the picture looks stainless)

If u drill out a gaulded fastener with the same size drill u would use to tap the same size hole, u will have remnants of the original screw left behind. U would have to drill it out a size larger, fill the hole with brass, then drill and tap a new hole to repair it properly..

But thats just my thinking.. 100 ways to skin a cat.. and too many cooks in the kitchen haha :)

-whiskey
SASS#97496. RATS#667

dusty texian

Blair ,What do they say ,You can lead a horse to water ,But you cant make him drink. Wiskey I think your right about to many cook's in the Kitchen...................Dusty.

RWK

Dusty,

It is not a SS screw in this revolver.
Don't worry, it is going to be like most of the very good suggestions made here... ignored.
Blair

Blair ,What do they say ,You can lead a horse to water ,But you cant make him drink. Whiskey I think your right about to many cook's in the Kitchen...................Dusty.

Apparently you 2 cant read! NOTHING WAS INGNORED! So I will try again. TO SEE  IF YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THIS TIME

Wow

I tried most of the suggestion. I tried using the Main spring as a lever at least 6 times.
I don't want to break off  

IT DOESNT HAVE TO COME OUT!
I AM CHEAP SOB AND I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO BUY NEW PARTS.
WHEN I CAN WORK AROUND IT.

So this is how I am going to take this apart

Loosen the 3 screws holding down on the trigger guard. Take pressure off main spring and remove the 3 screws

To put it back together

Start small screw it till it's tight and back it off. Place Main spring under hammer
Compress and hold trigger guard and screw in 2nd screw then 3rd screw

When the main spring goes bad I will drill it out and retap it.

Tough crowd you guys are. TRY READIND NEXT TIME! So then you wont just make things up.

Always speak the truth even if it leads to your death.

LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt

dusty texian

RWK ,was realy trying to help you out. The PB Blast stuff realy work's. The lead a horse to water was a joke betwean Blair and I. No harm was ment to you. How did Teddy get drug into this? .Good luck. ................Dusty

RWK

Quote from: dusty texian on May 04, 2013, 11:59:43 PM
RWK ,was realy trying to help you out. The PB Blast stuff realy work's. The lead a horse to water was a joke betwean Blair and I. No harm was ment to you. How did Teddy get drug into this? .Good luck. ................Dusty

Dusty

I have over a gallon of Kroil even if PB Blaster is better its not that much better. Grip and screw spent 5 days in Kroil.
I am a big guy and I can break it. If I want to.

I have found over the years that sometimes you just get a bigger hammer.
Not this time. I found a way around it.
That works really easy. 

I am not having a very good month at all because other people are not following through

Lets see

Garage door is delaminating. No one has ever seen one do this. No warrantee the place is out of business

Roof leaks after 5 years. Under warranty 4th week and still waiting

Cant even get a oil change in the new van. With out the dealer screwing everything up.

Then said van gets hit by a school bus Friday and 5 days to fix and 2400 dollars. Wife's ok. School bus fault.

So if I tried to break the screw off. Just guess what might happen.

I really do appreciate all the help. Lots of good advice.     

dusty texian

I think the way your luck's been runnin I'd leave it alone too. LOL............Dusty

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com