Slix shot nipples and #11 CCI

Started by Capt. JEB Forrest, April 07, 2013, 08:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fingers McGee

Quote from: hellgate on April 24, 2013, 03:14:54 PM
"BTW, have 6 cap & ball revolvers"

JB,
I was gonna comment but then let it go til I saw Fingers'. Geeze, you're just getting started. I try to stay between 15 and 20 at any given time. I've owned 37. It's a nice addiction. It also turns you into an amature gunsmith in short order. Think of it like women's shoes or purses: the gals always seem to have an excuse for another one when they already have plenty. Try selling a used pair of shoes or purse. At least it's an asset that doesn't lose all of its value when used. Try that one on your wife when she asks why you "need" another revolver. Ask her why she needs so many purses (or shoes).   Then DUCK!!

Here are some of the ones I shoot.  Admittedly, not all of them are shot regularly.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Noz

I am one of the "cowboy freaks".

If I'm not shooting it, i don't want it around.

I've settled on Pietta 1860s in 5.5" and 8" barrels.

I have 7 of those ready to shoot but all of the other C&Bs have gone to someone that will use them.

I did retain possession of the 1862 manufactured 1851 Colt.

cpt dan blodgett

With only a pair of Pietta NMA and a Uberti Pietta mixed match pair of 1860s I feel totally inadequate
Queen of Battle - "Follow Me"
NRA Life
DAV Life
ROI, ROII

Lefty Dude

I must agree with Noz, I have also settled on the Pietta 1860's as my choice as the Frontiersman Revolver supurb.

My main Frontiersman match Revolvers are an 8" 60 and a 5 1/2" Sheriff's model.

Nothing points & shoots like a 1860 Army.

Fingers McGee

Quote from: Lefty Dude on May 12, 2013, 03:47:36 PM
I must agree with Noz, I have also settled on the Pietta 1860's as my choice as the Frontiersman Revolver supurb.

My main Frontiersman match Revolvers are an 8" 60 and a 5 1/2" Sheriff's model.

Nothing points & shoots like a 1860 Army.

Except an 1861 Navy  ;D  That's what I use for a main match gun.  Back-ups are a pair of Leech and Rigdons, and a pair of 1851 Navies.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

hellgate

My Serious (Regional/Annual/grudge) Match guns are a pair of ASM '51 Navy 44 calibers. I get the Army whump with the Navy handling. My less serious match pair are  two Millenium Uberti Remingtons with a Pietta 1860 Army & a J H Dance (with Pietta Army grips) as a backup.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Noz

Quote from: Fingers McGee on May 12, 2013, 11:24:32 PM
Except an 1861 Navy  ;D  That's what I use for a main match gun.  Back-ups are a pair of Leech and Rigdons, and a pair of 1851 Navies.

As he swells his chest, harumphs loudly and then proclaims that 1861s are for little people. 1860s have big grips for big people.

Fingers' 1861s are items of great beauty. A pair of them might make me switch to 36s.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com