My “Quigley Down Under” Knife

Started by ChurchandSon, April 07, 2013, 10:09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChurchandSon

Back in 1990 Tom Selleck done the movie set in 1860 Australia. One of my favorites...His knife seemed a little to commercial to me for such a unique character but I did love the sheath made with a beaded moccasin toe stitched to it......

Here's his...

I have had 4 "Cherokee Bowie" blades that I got in a trade last year and had yet to use any when I decided one of them would be perfect for my version..13″ overall, 8 1/2″ sharp x 1 3/4″ deep with a slight roach belly they are fast becoming one of my favorite blade styles...This one has a horn handle that came from somewhere, can't remember but it is rock hard and has some slight jigging on it...I poured the bolster and buttcap from pewter/fishing weight/tin concoction and aged the iron 'cause.. shiny ain't me....

I put a lot of thought in the sheath...American Cowboy friendly with the Indians so I made a simple belt sheath such as would have come with his Bowie, then added a welted rawhide stitched belt loop thing long enough for a 3″ gun belt...Then wrapped the sheath with some painted rawhide for durability and beaded a moccasin toe shaped cuff ...No pattern just beading with what was laying around...Whole thing finished with dirt, grease and varnish....

A Pilgrim in the Unholy Land of Kydex

KidTerico

Randy I was wondering if you were going to show this great piece of ART. You out did it on this one. JUST PLAIN GREAT. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

ChurchandSon

Thanks Terry...This one was a lot of fun...
A Pilgrim in the Unholy Land of Kydex

Kendoo Kid

Live vicariously through yourself. you will have more fun that way.

wyldwylliam

Oregon Bill

Wow, what a handsome sheath and blade!

:D

James-G

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com