Boot stretching

Started by bear tooth billy, February 23, 2013, 09:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bear tooth billy

I bought a pair of ''custom'' made boots a couple of years ago, I sent them measurments to make them off of. When I received them
the tops were too small, they are very tight on my calfs. I deflated a football and inserted it in as far as I could still get at the fill
nipple and put about 10 lbs of air for a week. This works but after they sit for a coupleof weeks the leather wants to return to its normal size. Is there a trick that would make it stay stretched, or could a gusset be sewn into the inside seam? Thanks

BTB
Born 110 years too late

Red Cent

Soak the tops in luke warm water with two drops of liquid detergent, then stretch. Neat idea with a football. I know exactly where a pair of 16" tall boots reside, too.
Life is too short to argue with stupid people and drink cheap booze
McLeansville, NC by way of WV
SASS29170L

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

I use boot stretcher's, along with stretching formula, mine have nubs that you can place in areas that are too tight, it has worked for me for years now, on boots and shoes.

tEN wOLVES  ;D 
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

GunClick Rick

Go by a dept store like Pennys and see if they have any brokein manaquins and maybe just a leg or two,once and a great while they will have one or they used to be in the trash at our store,but that was years ago,check antique stores to,find the biggest part if the leg that will go in the boot the size ya want,cut it strieght and shove that baby in and you can keep them in there when stored.But these days i don't know if they toss them or not,but it don't hurt to ask :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com