Welcome to The Leather Shop

Started by Joss House, October 04, 2005, 01:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joss House

Howdy everyone and welcome to CAS City's Leather Shop.

The shop has been opened due to the multiple request of the citizen here at CAS City. It is the hopes of the proprietor that this can be the place to share your ideas, designs, tools and methods of the craft of leather working. There are a lot of citizens out there that are quite proficient in their skill of fabricating their own leather gear and that resource needs to be tapped and shared.

Please feel free to post your questions, answers and photo's here on the forum and let's make The Leather Shop a great asset to CAS City.

Silver Creek Slim

Welcome to CAS City, Leather Shop.

Joss,
Looks like yer trying to stay outta trouble.  ;)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Camille Eonich

Yay!!!  I'm going to need this place if I ever get enough time to start doing leather stuff again.
"Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left."
― Clint Eastwood

Silver Creek Slim

Quote from: Camille Eonich on October 04, 2005, 02:52:33 PM
Yay!!!  I'm going to need this place if I ever get enough time to start doing leather stuff again.
I do leatherwork while watching a Western in the evenings.  ;)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Silver Creek Slim

Quote from: Joss House on October 04, 2005, 03:58:42 PM
Quote from: Silver Creek Slim on October 04, 2005, 02:40:59 PM
Welcome to CAS City, Leather Shop.

Joss,
Looks like yer trying to stay outta trouble.  ;)

Slim

Naw, I just have a strong interest in leather crafting. Been doing it for about 35 years. I just can't see paying those big prices for something that I can make myself. Besides there is a lot of satifaction in making it yourself. Wouldn't you all agree?
I agree, but I was referring to moderating two fora.  ;)

Slim

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks for running the Leather shop, Joss. Thanks to you and the Marshal, this will be a good place. Here's a pic of my wife in her leather, uh, maybe that isn't apropriate here. :D

OK, here's a pic of her black holsters. They were made close to a pattern I saw in Packing Iron. I put a Chicago screw in the back to hold the skirt tight against the holster pouch to keep everything in place.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Tommy tornado

I feel at home already.  Great looking leather Marshall.
Keep your pants and your powder dry!
# 356056

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks, Tommy. I see others doing iconic links to their photos. got any idea how to do that?

Kaboom Andy

;D Hy Pards,

nice to see a lot of my  "forum" friends..............................
Duelist it's a way of life..........
-----------------------------------------
AZ Gunleather
-----------------------------------------
Kaboom Andy
SASS# 63050
HTR#2

Silver Creek Slim

Quote from: Marshal Will Wingam on October 04, 2005, 11:10:35 PM
Thanks, Tommy. I see others doing iconic links to their photos. got any idea how to do that?
Instead of posting on a website, you can upload the pic by going to "Additional Options..." and attaching pic from you cornfuser's hard drive. But, it is not working now. I sent the Marshal a PM about it.

The Marshal fixed it.

Slim

Steel Horse Bailey

Nice place to visit!

Slim, nice holsters & sheath.  Yer a man of many talents!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Slowhand Bob

Great to be here.  I just learned about this forum and started poking around tonight.  I hope to learn to better utilise the features and offer more input as time goes by.  I'm also glad to see some familiar faces from the old sites. 

Marshal Will Wingam

Welcome, Bob. Good to see ya with us.

I finally figured out how to post with thumbnails.

Rap Scallion

Quote from: Marshal Will Wingam on October 05, 2005, 08:30:17 PM

Do you just click and drag them from your C drive or Disc or pic finder to the Post Reply site?
W G Martin
Live Oak, Texas
USMC 1959-70 RVN Vet
NRA/TSRA/SASS#54735

To ride hard, shoot straight, and tell the truth!

Lex et Libertas -- Semper Vigilo, Paratus, et Fidelis!

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: Rap Scallion on October 11, 2005, 11:43:08 PM
Quote from: Marshal Will Wingam on October 05, 2005, 08:30:17 PM

Do you just click and drag them from your C drive or Disc or pic finder to the Post Reply site?
I've been just using the "Additonal Options" below the text window and browsing to find the pic on my computer. I never tried dragging it in. May have to try that. ;)

Cherokee Charlie

Howdy,
Here is an idea you might want to use sometimes.  I had to cut my 73 off because of short arms.  Didn't miss much being a(politically correct) little person.  Statue not girth.  Enjoy.
Cherokee Charlie is not who I really am but who I should have been.
Regulator #4967
Cherokee Cowboys #1

Reverend Bob

Hey Marshall

The sewn loops look great......

Bob Thumper

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks. I like to sew them because you can get more in a small space.

Reverend Bob

100 Round .38 Long Colt Belt

Bob Thumper

Marshal Will Wingam

Great belt, Bob. I hope you have a machine to do all the sewing on those loops. That'd take a few hours by hand. And remind me not to get into a running battle with you if you have that thing on. :D

Quote from: Reverend Bob on June 06, 2006, 07:32:58 PM100 Round .38 Long Colt Belt

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com