Pouch for extra cylinders for .36 Navy

Started by Doug.38PR, February 12, 2013, 04:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blair

The boxes depicted in this web site are a complete modern contrivance!
Theses are based off of the USN friction primer box design of the 1860's for Boat Howitzer Landing Parties.
(friction primers are not used aboard ship)
The USN primer box has a hinged top tin liner with a wood lining.
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Lefty Dude

If one is to shoot C&B Revolvers in CAS/SASS matches and competition then you should be able to load the piece quickly with out removing the Cylinder from the piece.

I use a vertical loading stand attached to my Gun Cart. I load my 1860 or 1851's much quicker than by pulling the cylinders and using my "Tower of Power" Cylinder Loader.
My C&B Revolvers will go six stages with out removing the cylinders. After every stage, I wipe the cylinders face & Hammer with a damp cloth spritzed with a 50% mixture of Simple Green & Water prior to the cylinder loading.

The beauty of the Colt design, 1860/1851's, the cylinder Arbor(base pin) holds lots of lube. Not so with the Remingtons or Ruger's. The base pins require constant maintenance, ie; lubrication of some sorts.

I use for Arbor grease, "Mobil One Synthetic Grease". One application on the cylinder Arbor lasts six to eight stages.
I do, however carry spare C&B Cylinders. They are only for back-up for my main Cylinders, just in case. ;)

MJN77

QuoteThe boxes depicted in this web site are a complete modern contrivance!
Theses are based off of the USN friction primer box design of the 1860's for Boat Howitzer Landing Parties.
(friction primers are not used aboard ship)
The USN primer box has a hinged top tin liner with a wood lining.

You are correct. I never said they were "period correct", just pointing the OP towards what he asked about.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com