spencer barrel

Started by pakm, February 08, 2013, 08:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pakm

I need a uberti spencer barrel for a carbine! it's suppose to be in .44 russian but I'll bet I can make almost any other caliber barrel work, any one have a barrel or where I can get one??? any ideas about what else might fit??? I saw a 1873 barrel in .44-40 that might fit????  or with a lot more work a Ruger .44 mag. carbine barrel that might be make to work?????
   Pat

Abilene

The Italian Spencer is made by Chiappa (a.k.a. Armi-Sport), not Uberti.  You might contact Chiappa:
http://www.chiappafirearms.com/

pakm

I did contact chiappa, they haven't gotten back to me yet; and your right.  it was made my Armi sports

Herbert

Quote from: pakm on February 08, 2013, 08:11:43 PM
I need a uberti spencer barrel for a carbine! it's suppose to be in .44 russian but I'll bet I can make almost any other caliber barrel work, any one have a barrel or where I can get one??? any ideas about what else might fit??? I saw a 1873 barrel in .44-40 that might fit????  or with a lot more work a Ruger .44 mag. carbine barrel that might be make to work?????
   Pat
If your carbine is a early 44 Russian you will have to open up the incide of the hole for the magizine tube in the action so a longer cartridge can make the turn into the action,for some reason AS constricted this hole in the early carbines and used a shorter magizine tube with a rather strange looking cartridge follower, to convert to another longer cartridge this is best  replaced with the later longer magizine tube,it is also much eayser to replace the lower block to one with the Lane type extractor,for best acuracy with AS parts I would convert to 44-40,Tayolors have 44-40barrels ,lower blocks and magizine tubes last I checked and the hole can be opened up with a serious of slitly over sized drills an finished with a adjustable reamer

5judge

Pat: I'm presuming you wish to do this yourself. If not, check out the parallel thread and information on Robert Hoyt. He not only lines barrels, he can duplicate them, I believe.

pakm

well, I won the rifle on gun broker and  one Ruger .44 carbine barrel there's a 1873 barrel coming up later and i intend to get it also. I should be able to make one of them work.  the  it's going to be an interesting trip
   Pat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com