Picked up a couple of '58 Piettas.

Started by John William McCandles, February 01, 2013, 01:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John William McCandles

I bought a pair of 5 1/2" Piettas over on another board and plan to put Kirst gated conversions in them. I hope to pick them up at the NCOWS convention in March.
For those that have installed the ejector rods what style did you use and what mods must be done to them for the 5 1/2" barrels?

Thanks
JW
NCOWS #1792
SASS #963
STORM #59
Johnson County Rangers
The Old West Players
Alpine Outlaws (Inactive)
NRA Life
NAHC Life
U.S. Navy Submarine Service Retired

Major 2

I'll be looking to see them at the Convention  ;D
when planets align...do the deal !

John William McCandles

I should have the revolvers next week, was planning on buying the conversions at the convention as Kirst and Raven will be setup and hopefully offering a good discount as they were last year.
Then again I may win the '58 package we are raffling off. If anyone is interested in getting in on it here is a link to some pictures. Just contact me or Bowiemaker.  You do not need to be present to win, but your attendance would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.jcrangers.com/2013Convention.htm

Regards
JW
NCOWS #1792
SASS #963
STORM #59
Johnson County Rangers
The Old West Players
NRA Life
NAHC Life

The Trinity Kid

Where is this convention to be held?  BTW, how does one join NCOWS, and what exactly do they do?  I'm a little new to CAS, can ya' tell? :D

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

John William McCandles

Quote from: The Trinity Kid on February 02, 2013, 12:08:29 PM
Where is this convention to be held?  BTW, how does one join NCOWS, and what exactly do they do?  I'm a little new to CAS, can ya' tell? :D

--TK

The NCOWS National convention will be held in Shepherdsville, KY. March 15, 16 and 17
Follow this link for more info on NCOWS  www.ncows.org
The link in the above post will take you to the Johnson County Rangers web site with more convention info.
Also look in the NCOWS forum here on CasCity.
NCOWS is a national organization promoting western action shooting geared more towards historic accuracy in attire and weaponry.
Hope this helps.

Regards
JW
NCOWS #1792
SASS #963
STORM #59
Johnson County Rangers
The Old West Players
NRA Life
NAHC Life

The Trinity Kid

Thanks for the info and prompt reply. I'll look into that some more.  I wouldn't be able to go to the convention, I've got math tests at the college class I'm taking. And living in California is not very helpful either. 

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

John William McCandles

Well I've finally got caught up enough to port the recoil shields on these for the Kirst Konverter loading ports. Have them rough in and the cartridges loading and unloading easily, just have to pickup some finer grit sanding drums after work tomorrow for final finish then a buff and cold blue. Wasn't just to difficult just go slow and check fit often.
Now I'll be set when the R&M ejectors are delivered to Kirst and then to me!

Regards
JW
NCOWS #1792
SASS #963
STORM #59
Johnson County Rangers
The Old West Players
NRA Life
NAHC Life

John William McCandles

Well, I received the Kirst-Mason ejectors today and have them installed. So these are finished for now, I way find some faux ivory or bone grips to fit on them later but there done for the present time. Will post some pictures later.
Now it's off the get ready for the NCOWS nationals!!!!

JW
NCOWS #1792
SASS #963
STORM #59
Johnson County Rangers
The Old West Players
NRA Life
NAHC Life

rbertalotto

I have a set that I installed the ejectors but have since removed them. With the powder ram installed they really slide right back into the holsters. With this part removed and the post that holds the ram in place they hang up in the holsters.

I use a little brass rod (actually a nice brass door hinge pin I bought at the local hardware store) to knock the brass out. I use Cowboy 45 Special brass and it simply falls out of the chambers most times.

Hope this helps!

Roy B
South of Boston
www.rvbprecision.com
SASS #93544

rbertalotto

OOps... Brain Fart! The ejectors I had holstering issues with are my 1860 Colt conversions...The 1858s do not require the removal of the ram assembly, but the Colt 1860 do.

Roy B
South of Boston
www.rvbprecision.com
SASS #93544

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com