Another Rare Briggs Patent Henry

Started by Fox Creek Kid, January 20, 2013, 03:43:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wyldwylliam

Awesome. The pictures on the link are so much better than the ones in Quick's book.

Of course though, what I want to know is if anybody is making a repro of that tang sight. I want one. Bad.

cactus joe

nice job Fox creek,  i don't have any unicorn piss and don't have 250k laying around so i guess i won't be biding on one of these anytime soon. Thanks for the info, i wasn't aware of this type of loading system.

JohnsonBarr

Your link to Rock Island is a fail. Members only no doubt. But, the Merz link is wonderful. It fulfills Oliver's letter of note in the 1865 New Haven Arms Co. booklet printed by T.J.Stafford that includes testimonials of the Henery rifle during the War of Aggression. Olie notes that a shorter barrel length with enclosed magazine tube will soon be avaliable for cavalry use. The Briggs no doubt was the transition not only to Winchester Reapeating Arms Co. but, to also the Model of 1866.

Roscoe Coles

Very interesting guns.  More than 15 years ago I had a table at the Las Vegas Antique Gun Show and the guy who had the table next to me was a collector of 1886 carbines.  He had a friend who was there with him who had one of the Briggs Patent carbines.  He said he got it when his grand father died.  His dad was cleaning out the house and when the grandson (the owner) went over to the house to help, he saw the butt of the gun sticking out of the top of a trash can!  His dad had thrown it out because it was an old gun that you couldn't get ammo for.  Lucky he came along.  It was a pretty nice gun.

King Medallion

Sometimes Dads needs to be watched closely.   ;D
King Medallion
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com