I've made it official....

Started by Irish Red O'Toole, September 30, 2005, 11:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irish Red O'Toole

I've deleted all references and bookmarks to The Frontier Spot from my computer.  It's pretty obvious that El Cajon isn't interested in maintaining a WORKING cowboy board.  So, I'm done. >:(

Coop Trawlaine

Hey Red!

Off subject if you don't mind.    I just saw your post and was wondering about Piru this weekend?  Heard anything because of the Valley fires?   

Coop Trawlaine SASS #63617, SCORRS, WartHog, SUDDS #188, IPSAC #47
Aka: Walt Lange
"Trawlaine" ISBN 1-4137-7738-4
"Trawlaine's Land" ISBN -09479379-0-8
Western Writers of America
Society of Southwestern Authors
www.waltlange.com

jiminy criquet

Well, Red ....there hasn't been much in the past that you and I have agreed on ...but I do agree with you here.

Hemlock Mike

Let it go.  If EC lets it die, that's the way we all will go -- someday.  The Marshall has a great place for us here.  A big thanks to the Marshall.

Mike

PWDFR POSSE

As I can agree with JC, I also agree with ya on this one! ;)

B.L. Justice

Only problem I have with walk'n away from TFS is that TFS and the SASS Wire are the only two western shoot'n boards that manage to sneak through my employer's Surf Watch software system.  Cas City gets the red hand of death. >:(

I do admit that I like the fexibility of this board much more. 
It is a well settled fact that there is nothing in the world that would not benefit from the addition of ninjas, pirates, moneys or midgets.

Marshal Will Wingam

I've thought of doing the same thing, but until I figure out how to stay logged in, I can't call this one home. I've made three posts this evening and had to log in 5 times already.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Silver Creek Slim

Quote from: Marshal Will Wingam on October 03, 2005, 12:37:48 AM
I've thought of doing the same thing, but until I figure out how to stay logged in, I can't call this one home. I've made three posts this evening and had to log in 5 times already.
Sent ya a PM.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Major Matt Lewis

Yeah, I am going to demand my money back too!

;)
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Marshal Will Wingam

Well, pards, Marshal H made the day. He kicked me upside the head and told me what needed to happen. I'm steppin' high, now.

Stump Water

Talked to Manatee at MDS Sunday.  He said, "A couple of other folks and I are going to get 'The Frontier Spot' back up... it'll be hosted somewhere else... we'll send emails when it is... look for 'em in about a week."

'At's all I know so doan ask me no mo'. 

Big Hext

It won't be the Frontier Spot, by name..

Thank you for being you.. Annie Lee!

B.L. Justice

Okay, I'll bite.... why bother to resurect TFS when the heart and soul of it lives right here?  All the usual suspects haunt this site, the forum names might be a little different but most all of them are here or could be.  Seems like a waste of time and effort.

Now I mean no disrespect but I just don't understand.  I bet the good Marshal would give you a TFS forum on this site. 

If I offended, I regret it.
Just my honest opinion.
It is a well settled fact that there is nothing in the world that would not benefit from the addition of ninjas, pirates, moneys or midgets.

Sixgun Murray Greenblatt

because there are some that wouldn't set foot in this place if you paid them.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Marshal Will Wingam

Hey Frank, Marshal H put up a SCORRS forum yesterday. Looks good, too.

Hedley Lamarr

TFS?
What's that?

TOR I know about, and you will soon...
Hedley Lamarr
SASS #14478 ROII
~Aggravator Emeritus~
"Dashingly Corrupt"

jiminy criquet

What's 'TOR' stand for?  And why won't some folks "set foot" here?

As far as I'm concerned (and I posted in another thread) the more boards the merrier...let folks choose whether (or not) they wish to 'inhabit' a particular town.

PWDFR POSSE

Quote from: Sixgun Murray Greenblatt on October 04, 2005, 05:51:26 PM
because there are some that wouldn't set foot in this place if you paid them.

This is exactly why I think all these new boards & forums shouldn't be here!  Lot's of folks from TFS wanted nothin' to do with CAS City & now that it's gone, CAS City is the only place to be!  What's wrong with this picture???  JMHO!

Marshal'ette Halloway

Quote from: Badlands Walker on October 05, 2005, 09:18:51 AM
This is exactly why I think all these new boards & forums shouldn't be here!  Lot's of folks from TFS wanted nothin' to do with CAS City & now that it's gone, CAS City is the only place to be!  What's wrong with this picture???  JMHO!

CasCity opens it's town doors and welcomes any and all people who want to come here. ..
I think that is what makes this such a wonderful place to set your roots in.
Just like in real life..you go places and visit and look other towns over...
hang out awhile... but you always want to "come back home" where your friends and family are.

So for all you fine folks that moved here when TFS was down, and have decided to stay, and make the people of CasCity your family....
I say to you~~
There's a kettle of beans on the stove..and a pot of coffee brewin'.. take your shoe's off my friends and relax.
"You're Home".

Marshal'ette
SASS #56524, BCVC #26

The smell of heaven is Fresh Baked Bread and Gun Powder.

Camille Eonich

*Brings cornbread in to go with the beans*

;)
"Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left."
― Clint Eastwood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com