Gunrig and Shotgun Chaps

Started by ChuckBurrows, January 03, 2013, 12:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChuckBurrows

Yes I still do cowboy rigs  ;) - finished this set a while back for a VERY patient customer down under in the land of Oz.

He requested three holsters, a money belt, and a shotgun belt with doubled loops - I did these loops a bit different than normal - twinned pairs, with an over strap to keep them tight together - first one with loops like this and I really liked the way it came out. I prefer twinned pairs rather than a double pouch since it keeps them snugger, especially over time and the rims don't rub together and they're easier to make   ;D - I used an added strip below to keep them at the right level

and here's the gent all rigged out - ya reckon that grin means he's one happy cowpoke?
aka Nolan Sackett
Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith

Johnny McCrae

Very nice! This is the look I always try to achieve especially for my own gear.  Your customer looks great with this Rig and Chaps. Many thanks for sharing it with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Slowhand Bob

Ill bet he is Chuck, and then some.  Tis an saddening thing for me that your work is beyond my skills to even copy!!

Cliff Fendley

Top notch work Chuck, as always.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Beautiful work to say the least, thanks for the look see Chuck.

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

Chuck, that's outstanding leather. It really looks the part. You've done the man proud. Very fine work.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

David Carrico

WaddWatsonEllis

Chuck,,

Absolutely gorgeous!

No wonder they guy is full of smiles!

TTFN,
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

GunClick Rick

I'll bet he will be dancin with Matilda tonight~ :) :) Good on ya mate~ :)

So we tanned his hide when he died Clyde and Chuckie made me a rig~~~All together now~~~~
Bunch a ole scudders!

Gabriel Law

That's just plain inspirational, Chuck.  Thanks for the pictures.

Dusty Ed

Howdy Chuck
You do some beautiful work, you certainaly did that feller proud.
Dusty Ed ;)
Dusty Ed

Gen. Jackson

Holy cow !! You got to be kidding me. That is unreal beautiful. Jesus, Mary, and Joseph lad.

ballncap

That is just a stunning all-get-out. The shotgun loops with the extra strap is inspiring to say the least. Working on mine I was not happy with the way they sat, never quite lined up. Mind if I copy your idea for the second strap?   ;D
I need to get a good studding tool too because that just really looks the part on those rigs.
Capt. Paul Mansell
Slow And Smooth, Smooth Is Fast.
AKA English Ned SASS 97137

Mountain_Man

That is some amazing work.  As a newbe to the leathercrafting world I hope to be able to make something like that, well someday

Roosterman

Nice stuff Chuck . Always have admired your stuff. I need to talk to you about a 1911 holster If you're interested.
www.fowlingguns.com
Known to run with scissors from time to time
Citadel of Sin Social Club

ChuckBurrows

Thanks for the nice comments and sorry for the slow response -- between the flu (got the flu for Xmas.... - shades of Dave Crosby  ;) ) and the sub zero temps for the last six weeks  things have been on the tough side and not much time for play....

ballncap - have at it nothing patented here and I'm always glad to share most things, the system works well too...

Roosterman (you be MB right?) - you bet, in fact I've got one in the works based on the Pueblo made one in PI - give me a shout - by phone is best 970-317-5592 and afternoons my time (MTN) is also best...
aka Nolan Sackett

Roosterman

QuoteRoosterman (you be MB right?) - you bet, in fact I've got one in the works based on the Pueblo made one in PI - give me a shout - by phone is best 970-317-5592 and afternoons my time (MTN) is also best...
OK Chuck, I'll try and call you tamale. Looking forward to working with you.
www.fowlingguns.com

ChuckBurrows

Hey Mike - Duh I just saw your tag line at the bottom - fowlingguns.com - if by chance you get the machine leave a note and I'll call back ASAP

For anyone who doesn't know, Roosterman aka Mike Brooks is one of the finest 18th Century (primarily) muzzleloading gunsmiths working today...
aka Nolan Sackett

Roosterman

Quote from: ChuckBurrows on February 12, 2013, 07:39:55 PM
Hey Mike - Duh I just saw your tag line at the bottom - fowlingguns.com - if by chance you get the machine leave a note and I'll call back ASAP

For anyone who doesn't know, Roosterman aka Mike Brooks is one of the finest 18th Century (primarily) muzzleloading gunsmiths working today...
Thanks Chuck....just don't go thinking I have loads of cash to spend with all of my "fame". ;D LOL!
www.fowlingguns.com

ChuckBurrows

I don't think most of do theses days! I always liked Bill Murray's (paraphrased) comment about fame and fortune - Keep the fame and just give me the fortune!

On the other hand free advertising doesn't cost anything... ;)
aka Nolan Sackett

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com