Feeding issues

Started by Ibgreen, December 22, 2012, 07:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ibgreen

Howdy all.  I have installed an s&s block and replacement follower in my 1868NM rifle.  Got hold of some ten-x 56-50 rounds to check cycling and firing (not expecting much accuracy due to my need of a .517 diameter).  If I put a single round in the magazine, it feeds smooth as butter.  With additional rounds following it locks up.  I have not altered the S&S block in any manner.  (they do claim that it will work in ninty something percent of originals  ::)

Eggman

On first blush I would focus on overall cartridge length. It should be 1.65" or slightly less. Check out Tony Beck's article in the frequently asked questions section.

Herbert

Also check to see if the block is cutting into the lead of the following bullet,if it is ,take the block out and polish a small radeious on the top leading edge of the block,this will oftern fix the problem if the OAL is OK

Ibgreen

Well, the ammo mic's out to 1.51".  I guess that is my issue.  Just for giggles, I will re-install my original rim fire block and see if it feeds.  If so, I will compare the two and adjust as needed.

Herbert

Quote from: Ibgreen on December 23, 2012, 05:01:35 PM
Well, the ammo mic's out to 1.51".  I guess that is my issue.  Just for giggles, I will re-install my original rim fire block and see if it feeds.  If so, I will compare the two and adjust as needed.
That is allways the best method

Ibgreen

Well just finished up final cleaning  after shooting the rifle.  Used it as a 2 shot due to the unresolved feeding issues.  Tonight I reinstalled my original block and checked for cycling.  The old block handled a seven round magazine of the 1.5" ten-x ammo like butter.  I could not believe how easily it threw rounds into the chamber.  I unfortunately have a extended date with a rotary tool.   >:(.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com