The Vietnam War Re-visited

Started by Two Flints, November 11, 2012, 06:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt45

God, looking at the rucks and ammo makes my shoulders hurt again all over. 
     The 60 worked good until the receiver got loose, and then the 'pig' earned her name.  Double feeding B***H.  The part I hated was having to get up my haunches to work that particular jam out.  The 240 is heavier, but more reliable.

ssgmike

Two Flints Welcome Home brother. Came across your pictures here doing my usual Google search about the 4th ID. Spent my time with D Co. 3/8th 4th Infantry Oct.68-Oct.69. Great pictures

If by chance your on Face Book let me know and I will bring you into our Ivy Dragoon page. Lots of brothers there, some you may have even served with. Send me an e-mail if you wish.

Welcome Home again

PaleHawkDown

Wher all were you stationed. My family just got back from a visit to Nam last week and I might have some modern pictures of the places you went, especially if you were in central Vietnam.

Two Flints

As a "grunt" I was in the Central Highlands in the area of Dak-To and sometimes near Pleiku; our main camp HQ was Camp Enari in the Central Highlands.  

We had to evacuate a forward fire base on Hill #25 and because I couldn't carry all of my personal gear with me, I stored my 8mm movie camera wrapped in empty plastic sandbags in an empty ammo box and buried them on Hill 25.  We were told we would return to Hill #25, but we never did . . . and my movie camera is still there!

Two Flints

Una mano lava l'altra
Moderating SSS is a "labor of love"
Viet Vet  '68-69
3/12 - 4th Inf Div
Spencer Shooting Society Moderator
Spencer Shooting Society (SSS) #4;
BOSS #62
NRA; GOAL; SAM; NMLRA
Fur Trade Era - Mountain Man
Traditional Archery

Trailrider

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your service! (In an unusual situation for me...) Words fail me.
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com