Is this a leather tool? $5 at auction. Don

Started by Tallbald, November 03, 2012, 07:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tallbald

Cast iron and beautifully made. Zig zag wheel removable/replaceable. Tension upward on table is adjustable under spring pressure. What is it?? Don

Abominable Bill

Would it be for embossing a border line onto a belt?

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Cliff Fendley

http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Slowhand Bob

I see these listed under 'leather tools' on Ebay regularly. Some list them as a pinking cutter and I have seen an occasional one that would have a plain flat disc type blade.  These have sometimes had traditional sewing machine names attached to them, such as Singer.  I am thinking that $5 is an extremely good buy BUT there are enuff of them around that they would not be rare and the going prices, in good condition, run upwards of perhaps a hundred dollars.  If a modern manufacturer tried to reproduce these at the current used values, I do not think they could do it.  

Bugscuffle

No, that is not a leather tool. That is a dog.
I will no longer respond to the rants of the small minded that want to sling mud rather than discuss in an adult manner.

Bow View Haymaker

Quote from: Bugscuffle on November 04, 2012, 04:59:50 PM
No, that is not a leather tool. That is a dog.

That's what I thought, but I've been wrong a few times. ;D
Bow View Haymaker

GAF #522  Dept of the Platte
SASS# 67733 (RO II)
NRA life

Paul Arens

www.HighPlainsShootersSupply.com

Tallbald

So is the general consensus that it is indeed a leather working tool? My BIL thinks it's a tool to cut an edge for soldering. May give it a try. Can't hurt I guess. Don

Camano Ridge

I belive what yo have is called a Hand Crank Pinking Machine. It is used for edging fabric, you can get a straight blade, scalloped blade, zigzag or pinking like you have on yours. Google pinking machine you will find pictures similar to your. I can't tell for sure from your picture under the zigzag cutter there should be a roller. http://www.ismacs.net/sewing_machine_articles/pinking-machine-mechanical-go-with.html

Tallbald

Camano you hit the nail on the head!! Thank you you have solved the mystery and Penny and I will save this sewing accessory as a curiosity in our collection. Don

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com