Lee Turret Press Primer Catch Modification

Started by rbertalotto, October 29, 2012, 12:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbertalotto

If you have a Lee Turret Press and don't use the press mounted primer seater, you might have primers all over the floor after a reloading session.......I did!

I tried all kinds of goofy solutions until I sat down and gave the problem a GOOD HARD LOOK'N.........

I wrote a little article on my web blog about it, with pictures!

www.rvbprecision.com

Sometimes the simple solutions are the easiest!
Roy B
South of Boston
www.rvbprecision.com
SASS #93544

joec

Quote from: rbertalotto on October 29, 2012, 12:20:35 PM
If you have a Lee Turret Press and don't use the press mounted primer seater, you might have primers all over the floor after a reloading session.......I did!

I tried all kinds of goofy solutions until I sat down and gave the problem a GOOD HARD LOOK'N.........

I wrote a little article on my web blog about it, with pictures!

www.rvbprecision.com

Sometimes the simple solutions are the easiest!

Do you have the Lee Classic turret or the one based on the 1000 Pro base. I have the Lee Classic and it has a tube with a removable cap end on it that catches the spent primers. If you have the other they usually catch on under the press that sits on the bench at least with my experience with that type of base and the Pro 1000 presses.

If you have the Classic you can buy a hose and cap from Lee for it.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

rbertalotto

I'm not sure what press I have.........It's about 6 or 7 years old. So it might be a classic.

But this mod works so great as nothing is on the front of the press to get in the way
Roy B
South of Boston
www.rvbprecision.com
SASS #93544

joec

Quote from: rbertalotto on October 29, 2012, 12:55:49 PM
I'm not sure what press I have.........It's about 6 or 7 years old. So it might be a classic.

But this mod works so great as nothing is on the front of the press to get in the way

Look here and you will see the differences. https://fsreloading.com/category/reloading-equipment/presses/turret-presses/  The Classic is actually the new one but how new I'm not sure.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

rickk

He has the original one that the Pro1000 was eventually kludged onto.

joec

Quote from: rickk on October 29, 2012, 04:19:59 PM
He has the original one that the Pro1000 was eventually kludged onto.

Yes I didn't see he had a blog about it in the OP so my mistake. Had I know it was the 3 hole then I would of known. I misunderstood his whole post thinking he was looking for a solution. DUH too tough a day already. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

litl rooster

So do you pull the ram everytime you de-prime and turn it around? Then again to re-prime the sized hull?
Mathew 5.9

rbertalotto

In the OP I said I didn't use the press mounted primer seater. I use a handheld primer seater (RCBS) as I have much more "feel" so I'm not crushing primers.
Roy B
South of Boston
www.rvbprecision.com
SASS #93544

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com