Hey marshall how about starting a leather forum?

Started by Tommy tornado, September 26, 2005, 12:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want a leather board on the forum?

Yes, I will use it frequently
10 (43.5%)
Yes, until TFS is back up
1 (4.3%)
No, it can be discussed on other boards on this forum
8 (34.8%)
No opinion, doesn't matter to me
4 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Tommy tornado

I really enjoy reading and posting on the Mr. Tanner's saddlery forum on TFS site.  However, that site does not seem to be as reliable as good old CAS City.  So Marshall how about starting a leather working forum on this site?
Keep your pants and your powder dry!
# 356056

Marshal Halloway

If there is a specific interest for a leather forum, sure, but I need feedback from several of you that has the interest. Same goes for every special interest board. If there will be a group using it, let me know and we will work together on it.
Editor & Webmaster of CAScity.com
Director - Digital Video Division - Outdoor Sportsman Group (OSG).
Digital Video Production & Post Production OSG
Owner of Down Range Media GP

The Arapaho Kid

HEY!  HOLD YOUR THOUGHTS ON THAT LEATHER STUFF!  YOU'RE CUTTING INTO MY TERRITORY NOW!

Forty Rod

I don't need a general discussion board, but I'd sure like a place ot get specific answers to some problems or questions.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Birdgun Quail

Quote from: Forty Rod on September 26, 2005, 02:00:32 PM
I don't need a general discussion board, but I'd sure like a place ot get specific answers to some problems or questions.

;) In our never ending quest to help Forty Rod. ;)

God bless,
Birdgun Quail

The Arapaho Kid

Quote from: Forty Rod on September 26, 2005, 02:00:32 PM

HEY FORTY...YOU'RE GETTING JUST LIKE ME!  YOU DON'T GET NO RESPECT!

Delmonico

One thought here, the "Old Fashioned Way" the child board off of "The Historic society" is intended as a place to discuss how things were made and how to dupllicate them today.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Camille Eonich

I like the leather forum at TFS too.  I visited it daily even though I didn't post there daily.

Del the old fashioned way is fine but what happens if we get to talking about modern day contraptions?  Would that be acceptable there?  Or even something less modern but leather holsters etc that aren't historically accurate?  Any problems there?
"Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left."
― Clint Eastwood

Marshal harpoluke

SASS 60019L
NRA Life
CASS
Muckraker
Straight Shooter
Army Veteran
GOFWG#269
LASOOS#35s,
Lookout fur da sheep, packs a 10ga.,
Ya loot, Ah Shoot,
Lord of the Dark Soot,
Prayer Posse,
GoofBall #12

The Arapaho Kid

Ok...I'll get serious for a moment.  I think a leather working board here would be good.  There are a number of people who do up their own gun leather and that sort of stuff.  We could swap ideas on any number of things; pass along thoughts on how to do this, or that and generally talk on building things with leather.  We could call it "The Leather Shop".

Comments?

California Lawdawg

Sounds like a very good idea. Always interested in learning.

Lawdawg

Delmonico

This is a question, not intended to offend any one but a valid one.  Will it be used after TFS is back up?  The other is building leather goods works out in The Old Fashioned Way, talking about shooting rigs as what is best is already covered in The Shooters Meeting. 

So is there really a need for another Forum or a need to utilize what we have already?

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico

I almost forgot, the disscussion of they types of historic leather fits well into The Historic Society.

So really all leather discussion will fit well in existing forums.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Bitterwheat

I think a leather forum would be a great idea for CAS. I make a lot of my own stuff. I  have made hunting pouches, knife sheaths and even Deer skin shirts and pants. But can always learn from someone else. As my old daddy use to say your never to old to learn.

Silver Creek Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Wymore Wrangler

Fast horses for sale, Discount for newly minted gold coins, no questions asked....

Forty Rod

Hey, Quail, if you really wanted to help, you'd loan me five cents for Lucy's services...or sell me that fancy scattergun of yours for a hundred dollars.

:D ::) ::) ::)
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Birdgun Quail

Quote from: Forty Rod on September 27, 2005, 12:14:37 PM
Hey, Quail, if you really wanted to help, you'd loan me five cents for Lucy's services...or sell me that fancy scattergun of yours for a hundred dollars.

Folks, I ain't as dumb as Forty Rod looks... ;)

Now Forty Rod, if you gots a hundred dollars for my scattergun, you gots 5 cents for Ms Lucy's services!  If you ain't gots 5 cents for Ms Lucy's services, you ain't gots no hundred dollars!
  :P

God bless,
Birdgun Quail

The Arapaho Kid

Quote from: Birdgun Quail on September 27, 2005, 12:58:37 PM
Quote from: Forty Rod on September 27, 2005, 12:14:37 PM

Folks, I ain't as dumb as Forty Rod looks... ;)

Now Forty Rod, if you gots a hundred dollars for my scattergun, you gots 5 cents for Ms Lucy's services!  If you ain't gots 5 cents for Ms Lucy's services, you ain't gots no hundred dollars!
  :P

I'M WITH BIRDGUN ON THIS'N!

Tommy tornado

Glad to stir up the pot a bit with my post.  Funny and interesting discussion.  I will be checking out the old fashion way for sure tonight.
Keep your pants and your powder dry!
# 356056

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com