Cabela's Millennium Revolver

Started by Sgt Major Barber, September 25, 2005, 01:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt Major Barber

Hey all.  What can a guy do to make the Cabela's Millennium revolver just a bit better appearing?  I am too busted up to get out for competition but would very much like to carry a .45 SAA while out limping through the Oregon woods.  Can that flat finish and plain grips be fancied up some?  Can the piece be aged in some manner? 
Any hints or suggestions will be appreciated.
John in Oregon
Don't squat on yer spurs!
Two Dot Wrangler

jiminy criquet

Carry and use it would be my suggestion.  The 'millenium' finish in this instance looks to be a 'parkerized' type finish.  Other than putting some honest wear marks on it to make it 'look better', there appears to be little you can do short of stripping the finish off and refinishing it.

(Which is kind of odd...as I recall other 'millenium' finish revolvers, most notably the 1858 Remingtons, as having an 'aged' or 'antiqued' look to them.  But maybe I'm mistaken.)

Cuts Crooked

No Jim, ya ain't mistaken. I too recall those C&B revolvers that Cabelas had with the "worn in" look!

I think if ya take sum steel wool and use it judiciously you might/could achieve thge look yer wantin', Pard.
Warthog
Bold
Scorrs
Storm
Dark Lord of the Soot
Honorary member of the Mormon Posse
NCOWS #2250
SASS #36914
...work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody is watching..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com